Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta

American McGee tweets that open beta testing is now underway for Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, Spicy Horse's action/RPG. This will offer the chance to check out the game and see if its Kickstarter campaign is worth your support. Here's word on the beta:

What'd you think? We'd love to hear your feedback, comments and suggestions! Discuss them here on Kickstarter if you like, but please be sure to also share them over on the SpicyWorld Forums and via the ZenDesk link labeled "Report Bugs/Suggestions" at the bottom of the game frame. This phase of Beta will last from today (Jan 9th) until a week from now (Jan 16th.) We'll then take the game offline for one week, during which time the team will tune, adjust and repair - based largely on the feedback you provide. Find something you don't like or think we should improve? Great! Tell us all about it! This is YOUR game!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 15:40 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 15:06:
generally when scumbags get a whiff of easy cash, they scramble for it

you could translate his note as: "wow all these people are getting tons of money on kickstarter.. i want some of that action.. here is some game i happen to be working on right now.. so fucking PAY ME!"

Yeah, it's kind of hard not to see it that way. If your game is 100% complete, why do you need money? If it's not 100% complete, why are you trying so desperately hard to convince people it's 100% complete?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 15:06 Orphic Resonance

generally when scumbags get a whiff of easy cash, they scramble for it

you could translate his note as: "wow all these people are getting tons of money on kickstarter.. i want some of that action.. here is some game i happen to be working on right now.. so fucking PAY ME!"

6. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 13:58 El Pit

coldcut wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:07:
Additionally, the name "Akaneiro" invokes some resemblence to "Daikatana" for whatever reason - but this time, it seems that American McGee is (trying to) make us his b*tch with the 100% "complete" nonsense. Will carefully watch this release.

Hm... Daikataneiro. Yes, you're right. Amazed

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 The Half Elf

Anyone remember the whole Thousand Tiny Pieces fiasco with Oprah and the writer of the book? A publisher said the first thing you do with anything is to see if it passes the smell test.

This this stinks...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 Axis

PoE opens in 2 weeks, nothing else will touch my arpg gametime for a long long time. It's a long term keeper...

Over a year of closed will pay off, but I'm still working the builds for the leagues.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 coldcut

Additionally, the name "Akaneiro" invokes some resemblence to "Daikatana" for whatever reason - but this time, it seems that American McGee is (trying to) make us his b*tch with the 100% "complete" nonsense. Will carefully watch this release.  

2. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:06 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:02:
So according to McGee, this game is 100% complete. However, it's not complete, and that's why they need Kickstarter money to complete the areas that the devs feel aren't complete. But it's a 100% complete game!

What?

Creston

Yeah, the whole thing seems kinda fishy.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:02 Creston

So according to McGee, this game is 100% complete. However, it's not complete, and that's why they need Kickstarter money to complete the areas that the devs feel aren't complete. But it's a 100% complete game!

What?

Creston

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo