Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Sims 3 Add-ons

The Sims Website announces plans for more content for The Sims 3, Maxis' lifestyle simulation. They will release The Sims 3 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff later this month, offering more virtual stuff for your virtual hoarders. They also will offer The Sims 3 University Life in March, offering a place to send that good-for-nothing kid of yours so you can play with your new lava lamps and pet rocks. A limited edition of the University Life pack will include a bonus statue to ensure all your frat parties are epic. Thanks VG247.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: The Sims 3 Add-ons Jan 10, 2013, 02:59 Zadig

University was probably my favorite expansion for Sims 2, so I hope it's not ruined for Sims 3.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: The Sims 3 Add-ons Jan 9, 2013, 16:28 Beamer

deqer wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 12:47:
People could've done this themselves had you released mod tools.

Sorry, I don't like being nickled and dimed with extras for every time I buy a game. I'm buying the game just for the game, and that's it.

Uh... there's a large mod community for The Sims 3. Not sure why you think there isn't. Probably because you are too lazy to use Google and just assume that expansions means no modding ability.

But only a fraction of people use mods. A greater amount will buy add-ons. There's room in the market for both.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: The Sims 3 Add-ons Jan 9, 2013, 16:08 Rhino

Full Press Release

Additional info in the link above regarding more than just University Life and the 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff pack. In June there will also be another EP called Island Paradise, and another Stuff Pack themed after iconic movie moments.

There was a webcast yesterday that suggested a third expansion during 2013. This may have been a slip of the tongue so I'm not going to put too much stock into that until they announce something. That said, there were three expansions last year with two having been released within a month and a half of one another, so this being EA it wouldn't surprise me if they continue along those lines as a means to drum up some relatively certain revenue.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 17:37.

1. Re: The Sims 3 Add-ons Jan 9, 2013, 12:47 deqer

People could've done this themselves had you released mod tools.

Sorry, I don't like being nickled and dimed with extras for every time I buy a game. I'm buying the game just for the game, and that's it.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo