Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details

Activision announces details about the Revolution DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, saying this will initially be an Xbox 360 exclusive when it is released on January 29th, coyly saying other platforms will follow, but not specifying when. "With Black Ops II, the team set out to challenge assumptions about what fans should expect from Call of Duty, and there's no exception with Revolution," said Mark Lamia, Treyarch's Studio Head. "It starts with the massive amount of content that Revolution offers: four distinct multiplayer maps, an entirely new Zombies map and new Zombies mode, and a new bonus weapon. But quantity is just the start - it's the variety of new gameplay options in Revolution that sets it apart, making it our most compelling DLC offering to date, and a must-play experience for Call of Duty fans." Here's more of what to expect:

Revolution takes players to unexpected new locales the world over. "Downhill" is set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain's gondola system. Opponents must dodge the floodwaters in "Hydro" as they contend for dominance of this hydroelectric dam facility in Pakistan, filled with treacherous spillways. "Mirage" pits players in competition amidst the sand dunes of a dilapidated luxury resort in the sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert, where a range of long-distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles. Finally, "Grind" transports players to the historic birthplace of skateboarding, California's Venice Beach, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover. Each map in Revolution delivers a uniquely exhilarating new landscape for tactics and battle.

Revolution also delivers a lethal bonus multiplayer weapon, the "Peacekeeper." This powerful SMG, accompanied by its own set of weapon challenges for additional XP, is unlocked to all Call of Duty: Black Ops II fans that pick-up Revolution.

Additionally, Revolution transports players to the Far East, where they will attempt to overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city. In this new and original Zombies map, "Die Rise," players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices to fight a relentless army of the undead throughout Escher-esque sceneries over a deep and perilous chasm. And in a twist, Treyarch has added a new game mode, "Turned," where players can finally complete against each other as a zombie!

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details Jan 9, 2013, 16:51 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 21:39:
You know....I am really enjoying this iteration. I hvae a core group of about 10 people that I play with in groups and we have a good time. We will often split into 4v4 and add in a couple pubs for a game of CTF. You have the random a-holes online, but it is pretty fun. The look of the game is miles above MW3 that just looks washed out.

That being said, not sure I will buy the DLC. I didn't get the Season Pass, as I usually never buy all of the packs, so I wouldn't be gaining anything as some of the packs are zombie only, and I don't play that mode.

And honestly, I really need to move onto something else in my library....started up Serious Sam BFE and although fun, just not doing it for me for some reason. Why does it feel "off"?

Serious Sam starts off trying to be a regular shooter, running through war torn buildings but some of the levels later in the game recaptures the nostalgic feeling from the first games.

as for this DLC pack, the maps don't look that great to me. A skate park? really? I don't like the zombie game mode at all, I wish I could reclaim that hard drive space it's talking up. I also thought that xbox exclusive stuff expired, guess they renewed the contract.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details Jan 9, 2013, 00:38 SimplyMonk

"Blah Blah Blah Zombies Blah."

Thank you. Here's my money.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details Jan 8, 2013, 23:49 SirKnight

I'm not really digging the futuristic part. At least in the campaign. I've had some good times in the MP and zombies.  

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details Jan 8, 2013, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

You know....I am really enjoying this iteration. I hvae a core group of about 10 people that I play with in groups and we have a good time. We will often split into 4v4 and add in a couple pubs for a game of CTF. You have the random a-holes online, but it is pretty fun. The look of the game is miles above MW3 that just looks washed out.

That being said, not sure I will buy the DLC. I didn't get the Season Pass, as I usually never buy all of the packs, so I wouldn't be gaining anything as some of the packs are zombie only, and I don't play that mode.

And honestly, I really need to move onto something else in my library....started up Serious Sam BFE and although fun, just not doing it for me for some reason. Why does it feel "off"?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo