Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Curved glossy screens Jan 10, 2013, 00:12 eRe4s3r

Full immersion with distortions Unless you build a half spherical screen where your eyes are in all directions the same distance to the screen distortion will occur. For half spherical displays you also have the problem that nearly no game supports the FOV settings you need for that.

Still if we talk about immersion. I would love to have a domed huge screen. but not a curved one...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Curved glossy screens Jan 9, 2013, 11:55 TurdFergasun

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 02:53:
Yeah, that'll work out just fine

Remember how the past 30 years the industry did everything it could to get straight lines on a display? Only thing good is OLEDS getting on market.. but not with a POS product like this... sigh

curved screens do no give you a distorted aspect when viewed at the optimal position. similar to dome projection, which is what i'm aiming to build this year hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xT4g7zZOl5I#t=67s

all the videos show a distorted image until they mash the camera into the intended viewer position then you see full immersion. It's crap if you're constantly moving around, but with a panel that is only curved on one axis that won't be as much of an issue.

4. Re: Curved glossy screens Jan 9, 2013, 05:15 Cutter

When watching captivating content such as vast landscapes and scenes from nature on the Curved OLED TV, they will feel like they are surrounded by the beautiful scenery.

Yeah, because why would you actually want to go and see nature live?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Curved glossy screens Jan 9, 2013, 02:53 eRe4s3r

Yeah, that'll work out just fine

Remember how the past 30 years the industry did everything it could to get straight lines on a display? Only thing good is OLEDS getting on market.. but not with a POS product like this... sigh

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 03:03.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2013, 22:01 nin

Now I can lose even more data!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2013, 21:51 jdreyer

I'll get a terabyte flash drive when the price falls to $200 or so.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo