Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Biden gun task force Jan 9, 2013, 08:38 nin

Human beings are often emotional and irrational.

Not unlike the person you replied to.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Biden gun task force Jan 9, 2013, 00:01 jdreyer

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 23:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 22:00:
Biden's task force is examining legislation that would ban assault rifles, but is also looking at the role of violent movies and videogames in mass shootings and whether there is adequate access to mental health services.

They can look all they want, they won't find anything. Japan has access to the same violent media that we do with 1000x fewer gun murders. One thousand times fewer (and 100x fewer murders overall). In fact, there were fewer controls on media in Japan vs. the USA when I lived there. TV shows showed pretty much what they want when they want to. Kid's show's like Power Rangers are actually edited to be less violent in the US versions.

I just wish they would stop blaming everything from video games, to the guns themselves rather than the person pulling the trigger.

Quick! Lets strip everyone of their 2nd amendment rights because some mentally unstable jackass decided to flip his shit. Typical knee jerk bullshit.

I agree it's certainly the people. Human beings are often emotional and irrational. The question is how much access do we as a society want to allow to a force multiplier like a gun? Certainly we can have some restrictions to help prevent violence without banning things completely? I'd be interested in studies that showed which are most effective.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Biden gun task force Jan 8, 2013, 23:37 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 22:00:
Biden's task force is examining legislation that would ban assault rifles, but is also looking at the role of violent movies and videogames in mass shootings and whether there is adequate access to mental health services.

They can look all they want, they won't find anything. Japan has access to the same violent media that we do with 1000x fewer gun murders. One thousand times fewer (and 100x fewer murders overall). In fact, there were fewer controls on media in Japan vs. the USA when I lived there. TV shows showed pretty much what they want when they want to. Kid's show's like Power Rangers are actually edited to be less violent in the US versions.

I just wish they would stop blaming everything from video games, to the guns themselves rather than the person pulling the trigger.

Quick! Lets strip everyone of their 2nd amendment rights because some mentally unstable jackass decided to flip his shit. Typical knee jerk bullshit.

1. Biden gun task force Jan 8, 2013, 22:00 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo