Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced

WBIE, TT Games, The LEGO Group, Marvel Entertainment and a cast of thousands announce LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, the next installment in the series of action video games combining LEGO toys with various other properties. This page offers details on the game, which is planned for release this autumn (Northern Hemisphere) for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and handhelds. Here's a bit:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvelís renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 21:34 xXBatmanXx

Although cool for fans, I am a DC guy....skipping this one. I really do enjoy the LEGO games though. It is like stepping back in time to childhood for a few hours....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 19:50 Kosumo

Hulk vs Darth Vader (it's all Disney now)

and just as Vader is about to finish off the Hulk,

Kermit the Frog arrives and sing about now its hard to be green, leading to it being revealed that Yoda was really Darth Vader all along. (also Miss Piggy making out with Jar Jar)

10. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 19:14 Jivaro

Hyatus wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 18:40:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 17:56:
My understanding is that when the current Spider-Man trilogy is done, so is the "splintering" of the Marvel movie licenses.

I doubt it. Fox still has the rights for at least 3 of the bigger franchises. In any case, I don't believe any outsider knows the contractual details for sure beyond that they include a [blank] movie every so often or they lose the usage of the characters.

According to this article, you are correct. Fox owns quite a few franchises and as long as they keep busting them out occasionally, it seems like they don't necessarily have to give them up.

9. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 18:46 The Half Elf

Fox has the rights to Daredevil and Fantastic Four, but I believe they have until the end of 2013/2014 to do something with them.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 18:40 Hyatus

Jivaro wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 17:56:
My understanding is that when the current Spider-Man trilogy is done, so is the "splintering" of the Marvel movie licenses.

I doubt it. Fox still has the rights for at least 3 of the bigger franchises. In any case, I don't believe any outsider knows the contractual details for sure beyond that they include a [blank] movie every so often or they lose the usage of the characters.

7. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 17:56 Jivaro

jfedor wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 17:21:
That's interesting. The Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man movie franchises are separate and non-overlapping (character-wise) because of licensing issues and here they get merged. And their Lego versions are clearly not based on the original comic book characters (not directly), they are based on the movies. I wonder if this reflects a future merge of some kind in the movies as well. Spider-Man and Wolverine in Avengers 2?

My understanding is that when the current Spider-Man trilogy is done, so is the "splintering" of the Marvel movie licenses. They will all be under Disney's umbrella after that. *insert evil mastermind laugh here* As of right now, Sony handles Spider-Man...but that deal was inked log ago, before Marvel was sold to Disney. Disney's goal is to treat the Marvel universe as one big license and try to find some semblance of continuity, much like the comics attempt. (but horribly fail at) The marketing logic is easy to follow. For example, the X-Men movies did well at the box office. If you can get characters from a successful movie to appear, even if it is briefly, in another movie you can increase the hype meter. Have Wolverine appear in a Punisher movie, or Storm in the Fantastic Four...and maybe let it slip that they will appear much like people were talking about Tony Stark's small appearance at the end of the Hulk movie before it even hit the theaters. Cheap hype, universe continuity, fan appeasement, and box office zen.

Of course, it all relies on having hit movies to pick from. Right now the Avengers and the X-Men have provided that. The Fantastic Four didn't, which goes to prove that you still have to make good movies, regardless of marketing scheme.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2013, 18:07.

6. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 17:21 jfedor

That's interesting. The Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man movie franchises are separate and non-overlapping (character-wise) because of licensing issues and here they get merged. And their Lego versions are clearly not based on the original comic book characters (not directly), they are based on the movies. I wonder if this reflects a future merge of some kind in the movies as well. Spider-Man and Wolverine in Avengers 2?  

5. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:42 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 14:33:
Well the 'complexity' has varied fairly drastically. Original Star Wars 1-6 was pretty easy, Jones was in the same vein, Potter 1-4 got a bit more complex, Clone Wars really surprised me how some parts were difficult, Batman 1 went back to Original Star Wars difficulty, and Batman 2 was a little bit more difficult.

But hearing John Williams and Danny Elfman's music for Superman and Batman is quite awesome. Now if it was just a bit easier to control flying characters...

My seven year old nephew plays all of those games, so while they may vary, I don't think they qualify as being complex. It is strange to me that the Harry Potter games seemed like the pinnacle of the complexity arch. Had I not played any of them I would have guessed that the Indiana Jones games would be the most complex.

I really liked the addition of voice actors in Batman 2. I didn't think I would. I am glad to hear someone else had problems with the flying, I thought it was my ongoing struggle with gamepads. (in this case, my Vita)

4. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:33 The Half Elf

Well the 'complexity' has varied fairly drastically. Original Star Wars 1-6 was pretty easy, Jones was in the same vein, Potter 1-4 got a bit more complex, Clone Wars really surprised me how some parts were difficult, Batman 1 went back to Original Star Wars difficulty, and Batman 2 was a little bit more difficult.

But hearing John Williams and Danny Elfman's music for Superman and Batman is quite awesome. Now if it was just a bit easier to control flying characters...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:23 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 14:17:
Batman 2 was nice with the open world, but overall was REALLY shallow fight wise with the major baddies of the DC Universe.

While I understand the premise of your complaint...I think that if you are expecting deep "anything" from a Lego video game your are expecting too much. I mean...I would love any of the Lego games to have far deeper combat, particularly with the boss fights, but their primary target audience is so young I just don't think it is ever going to happen.

Now if they made some Lego Technic video games....that would be something...

2. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:17 The Half Elf

Batman 2 was nice with the open world, but overall was REALLY shallow fight wise with the major baddies of the DC Universe.  

1. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Announced Jan 8, 2013, 14:07 Wolfox

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes was pretty good, so I'm really looking forward to this.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo