Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed

There are threads in the Diablo III Forums about players exploiting the way vote kick mechanics work in Blizzard's action/RPG sequel to get other players killed, which is a particular problem in Hardcore, where character death is permanent. A post by Blizzard responds to this situation saying this unintended form of PvP griefiing will be addressed ASAP:

Ehhh. While the advice "don't play in Hardcore public games" may be valid in a number of situations, we recognize that this is a legitimate issue for Hardcore players and want to address it ASAP -- ideally in a way that doesn't impact co-op play (or impacts it as minimally as possible).

Right now, we're looking to remove the 10-second movement lockout whenever a Vote Kick is passed from both Hardcore and Normal modes. While we realize this solution may allow players to exploit the Vote Kick function to avoid death, it's not a very reliable survival technique and we feel that it's a better alternative than players losing a character they've invested a lot of time into due to griefing. We'll definitely be keeping on an eye on this, though, and will consider other solutions if necessary.

I don't know yet if this is something that can be addressed via hotfix; it may be a fix that we need to implement with a client-side patch. We're still working out the details, and I'll provide an update once there's any more info to share.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 14:52 descender

PVP was awesome in d2.

No, no it wasn't. It was completely unbalanced, buggy and broken. It still is. The difference was people didn't know these things mattered back then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 12:13 Axis

Garbage game is garbage.

Thankfully PoE open right around the corner. Super polished, in-depth, creative, pvp, leagues, f2p, fun as hell, on and on. Go hardcore or go home though, that's where the good players and creative builders are, and almost all the "good" leagues with top prizes are hardcore least for now.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 11:54 dj LiTh

Darks wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 11:48:
PVP will never work in this game properly. As much as blizz wants it to work, this is mainly why itís taken them so long to get it working. The Mage and the Demon Hunter with their standoff attacks and Vaulting/Teleporting will make it nearly impossible for the other classes to catch them and beat them down. And anything that gets implemented will most likely be dumbed down classes to make it fair for all players.

PVP has no place in this game, the focus should have been on game play and story, but Blizz and their never ending quest for Greed canít leave well enough alone. In all seriousness, if you want PVP go play WOW. Itís basically the same two games now.

Well first off i guess you've never played a monk char. 2nd it already was working to great fan fare way back before the game was released at BlizCon, and 3rd PVP was awesome in d2.

7. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 11:48 Darks

PVP will never work in this game properly. As much as blizz wants it to work, this is mainly why itís taken them so long to get it working. The Mage and the Demon Hunter with their standoff attacks and Vaulting/Teleporting will make it nearly impossible for the other classes to catch them and beat them down. And anything that gets implemented will most likely be dumbed down classes to make it fair for all players.

PVP has no place in this game, the focus should have been on game play and story, but Blizz and their never ending quest for Greed canít leave well enough alone. In all seriousness, if you want PVP go play WOW. Itís basically the same two games now.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 11:33 Krizzen

The headline made me think they're skipping the idea of dueling and instead just implementing team deathmatch, like we were led to believe.

Oh well...

5. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 11:30 RollinThundr

Paketep wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 10:51:
Wow. This trainwreck still has more juice in it.

Hard to believe the Blizz we knew could fall so low.

The Blizz we knew died when Blizz North got shitcanned.

4. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 11:12 Yakubs

I'm still waiting for their inadvertent promotion of Jay Wilson to be fixed.  

3. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 10:51 Paketep

Wow. This trainwreck still has more juice in it.

Hard to believe the Blizz we knew could fall so low.

2. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 10:40 Darks

Diabol what? didnt this game die already?  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 09:33 Verno

Oh Diablo

I wonder when legit PVP is coming, it's been so long I bet many have just forgotten it was ever promised.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo