Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Rising 3 Rising?

Jeremie Passerin's LinkedIn Page lists Dead Rising 3 as one of the items in the Blur Studio rigging supervisor's résumé. There are no details about a new installment in Capcom's survival/horror series other than that Jeremie worked on a "game cinematic" as a rigger at some point last year. Thanks nin via Joystiq/All Games Beta.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 8, 2013, 08:31 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 01:50:
Really? I find games like this entirely shallow and repetitive. I get bored of them inside of 5 minutes.

You need to play games longer than 5 minutes to accurately judge their depth and content. Dead Rising is a really unforgiving series that is all about multiple playthroughs and your power progression practically requires you learn more from each one, it has a surprising amount of depth. Some games will last 20 minutes, your final run might last 20 hours.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 8, 2013, 07:21 pacbowl

Maybe it's just me but I got sick of the AI. Too many times I would be leading people back to the safehouse only to have them kill each other by getting in their own LOS.  

11. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 8, 2013, 04:24 Jerykk

Really? I find games like this entirely shallow and repetitive. I get bored of them inside of 5 minutes.

You can judge a game's depth and variety within 5 minutes? I'm impressed.

On a more serious note, I found DR2 enjoyable. There is a lot to explore and trying out different item combos to discover the most effective zombie-killing weapons is a lot of fun. Also, the game doesn't hold your hand and there are survivors and boss encounters that you'll never find on your first playthrough. I actually played through the game two and a half times, something I never do.

As for bosses being cheap, yeah, they are. It's all about finding the right trick to beat them. That and leveling up your character through multiple playthroughs. At the very least, I found the bosses interesting and figuring out how to defeat them was compelling. That's more than I can say for the majority of bosses.

10. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 8, 2013, 02:23 xXBatmanXx

Enlighten me on the games you play sir. I find doing certain things within the game are challenging. I don't just "play through" a game. That in itself is boring.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 8, 2013, 01:50 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 22:41 nin

I always over prepare for the fights, bringing lots of carnage weapons, health restore juice and speed/strength juices.
The scissor gloves seem to do the most carnage quickly with a speed booster.

I think this time I'm just going to grab a trainer.

And yeah, boxing gloves+knives, kickass. Though my favorite is still the wheelchair and battery.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 22:19 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 21:44:
Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 21:43:
PLEASE no GFWL. That was the only thing about DR2 that I hated. The rest was bliss.

Clearly repressing boss fight memories...

THe worst was when you stubled upon a boss. That sucked. Can't run away.

I always over prepare for the fights, bringing lots of carnage weapons, health restore juice and speed/strength juices.
The scissor gloves seem to do the most carnage quickly with a speed booster.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2013, 22:32.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

6. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 22:05 nin

PLEASE no GFWL. That was the only thing about DR2 that I hated. The rest was bliss.

Yep. I need to replay OTR.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 21:44 PHJF

Clearly repressing boss fight memories...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 21:43 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 21:33 Verno

Awesome, will look forward to it. No games for windows live this time though eh fellas? Thanks.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

2. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 20:54 Fantaz

Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin, Jeremie Passerin  

1. Re: Dead Rising 3 Rising? Jan 7, 2013, 20:37 xXBatmanXx

Such great games. I really like the arcade style mechanic in these types of games, makes you perfect your game ala Demon's Souls, Dark Souls style gameplay. The co-op is a blast, a buddy and I cleared the 2nd game 2x in co-op becoming better and better and more powerful each time.

I think I am on my 4th playthrough on the 2nd game and am about 3/4 of the way through and have saved everyone possible.....since I haven't played in months, I will probably screw it up when I go back to it.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo