Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2013, 12:41 John

Sure seems that way how so many people talk about Apple products and their owners. I have a lot of friends and family that own iPhones and/or iPads and none of them every say crap about Android products. I haven't seen anyone here do it either.

And I agree Apple computers and laptops are overpriced which is just one reason I wouldn't buy one of those, but their iDevices aren't.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2013, 12:01 RollinThundr

John wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:00:
Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 13:19:
Yet, if you read the article, it's the worst of the top 3 on AT&T and Sprint. That's not really "worst."

Stupid article.
Yeah, and a lot of it is user preference. I don't understand what it is about people and their jealousy over Apple products.

Yeah people are just jealous of over priced PC hardware and over priced cell phones. Definitely!

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 19:14 SectorEffector

Illumin wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 13:09:
Iphone 5 the worst? Thats ok 6 will be out this year then all the sheep can flock to that one. If that one sucks thats ok 7 will be out within a year and all the sheep can flock to that one too.

Let me rephrase this.

"Galaxay III the worst? Thats ok IV will be out this year then all the sheep can flock to that one. If that one sucks thats ok V will be out within a year and all the sheep can flock to that one too."

I should've realized how sheepish I was to disagree with you before I wrote this post but I must have been holding my keyboard wrong... Let me use my Maps application to find some instructions.

I can hate everyone equally, not just the cool thing to hate. You can't honestly hold any of the popular modern smartphones and really say "One is starkly better than the other" Android Windows and iOS phones are all great in their strengths, and they ALL steal from eachother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 18:00 Dades

Their maps app is not as bad as people made it out to be

Yes it was, there was thousands of examples posted publicly. Their CEO came out and admitted it after a massive drubbing by the public and the media. It was exactly as bad as people made it out to be, no ifs ands or buts.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 15:50 John

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:49:
And Apple has only itself to blame for the crappy press. It's maps app was a disaster. And it's new connector type unnecessarily completely invalidated millions of pre-existing connectors and chargers. And simultaneous voice and data are not possible on iphone 5, but Android devices like the Galaxy S III can do it.
Their maps app is not as bad as people made it out to be. Sure it isn't as good as Google's, but I have used it a lot and it always gets me to where I'm going. For only having a fraction of the time that Google has to build up the maps, they did pretty good IMO.

And simultaneous voice and data is possible on the iPhone 5 so I don't know where you get that from. At least it is on AT&T cause I do it a lot.

As for the article, it doesn't really matter what/who they think is the best smartphone.. what matters is sales.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 15:41 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 15:36:
Well... it was a hell of a quantum leap upgrade for me, going from a 3G (second iphone model) to a 5 (After 3GS, 4, and 4S models came out in between), and going from 3G AT&T to Verizon LTE.

A heavy graphical web page on my old phone and connection literally could take up to 5 minutes to render (even with great signal)... the same page on the new phone is rendered in seconds.

So, I can't bitch.

If I end up travelling and the MAPS APP is still fucked (Not that I've seen it mess up yet), I'll jut get Google's App.

/shrug

You...you have an iphone?? Blue's membership revoked!

Winkrazz

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 15:36 wtf_man

Well... it was a hell of a quantum leap upgrade for me, going from a 3G (second iphone model) to a 5 (After 3GS, 4, and 4S models came out in between), and going from 3G AT&T to Verizon LTE.

A heavy graphical web page on my old phone and connection literally could take up to 5 minutes to render (even with great signal)... the same page on the new phone is rendered in seconds.

So, I can't bitch.

If I end up travelling and the MAPS APP is still fucked (Not that I've seen it mess up yet), I'll jut get Google's App.

/shrug

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:49 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:20:
Overon wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:14:
Stupid headline. When you rate 3 phones for every carrier and what separates the phones is 2-3 points out of a 100, then you got a misleading headline.

Yup.

And I'm probably an Apple detractor.

Well, it's at the bottom of both lists it appears on, and it has the lowest numerical score. Based on the info provided, it sounds logical to me.

And Apple has only itself to blame for the crappy press. It's maps app was a disaster. And it's new connector type unnecessarily completely invalidated millions of pre-existing connectors and chargers. And simultaneous voice and data are not possible on iphone 5, but Android devices like the Galaxy S III can do it.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:42 Fion

'Iphone5 is the worst of the top smartphones'

That's misleading how?

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:20 Beamer

Overon wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:14:
Stupid headline. When you rate 3 phones for every carrier and what separates the phones is 2-3 points out of a 100, then you got a misleading headline.

Yup.

And I'm probably an Apple detractor.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:14 Overon

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:10 Verno

John wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 14:00:
Yet, if you read the article, it's the worst of the top 3 on AT&T and Sprint. That's not really "worst."

Stupid article.
Yeah, and a lot of it is user preference. I don't understand what it is about people and their jealousy over Apple products.

Apple products are usually affordable enough for pretty much anyone to get at least one so I don't think it's a situation where jealousy applies. Like any product they will have their fans and detractors.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 14:00 John

Stupid article.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 13:19 Beamer

Illumin wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 13:09:
Iphone 5 the worst? Thats ok 6 will be out this year then all the sheep can flock to that one. If that one sucks thats ok 7 will be out within a year and all the sheep can flock to that one too.

Stupid article.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 13:09 Illumin

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo