Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I see a lot of criticism of the Redskins for sending RG3 out to play in the playoffs yesterday after reinjuring his knee. It's easy to Monday morning quarterback, but Mike Shanahan deserves a break from the hammering he's taking over this. I mean it's not like he send a blind guy out on the football field where he'd be unable to defend himself. You save something that drastic for the Super Bowl.

Drastic Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Enola: Prelude.
Links: 5 Video Games That Would Make Fantastic Ballets.
Stories: Cat used in Brazil prison smuggling try. Thanks brother19.
Media: Lego Portal. Thanks Reddit.
How much pain a man can endure just to see some boobs?
12 Kids That Have Way More Guts Than You Do.
The Funnies: Dilbert.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2013, 05:11 dj LiTh

XCom patch notes:

Patch 3 notes
• Second Wave addition (gameplay details in the press release)
o If a player has beaten the game, they can access a variety of gameplay toggles upon starting a new game. The Second Wave option will be available on the New Game menu.
• AI teleport bug fix
o Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad
• Defeat screen when beating the game
o Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game
• Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock

Glad to see they finished Second Wave feature.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2013, 01:35 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 23:22:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 22:50:
It will never happend, but Blair Walsh should be rookie of the year. They will never give it to a kicker, just like kickers and punters don't get into the Hall of Fame.

I'd never put a punter in the Hall of Fame, but Adam Vinatieri deserves a spot. I think Walsh has a shot at being rookie of the year, but it's kinda hard when you go up against three kick-ass rookie QBs...

Hah, that actually seems like all the more reason to do it now.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 23:22 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 22:50:
It will never happend, but Blair Walsh should be rookie of the year. They will never give it to a kicker, just like kickers and punters don't get into the Hall of Fame.

I'd never put a punter in the Hall of Fame, but Adam Vinatieri deserves a spot. I think Walsh has a shot at being rookie of the year, but it's kinda hard when you go up against three kick-ass rookie QBs...

Reminds me of Vick. Runner, explosive, but no real field presence. He doesn't look off receivers and go to 3rd and 4th

It's the Redskins, bats. What is this "3rd and 4th" you're talking about?

Creston

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 23:20 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 13:27:
Man the next round of picks are going to be tough, I am digging through stats and watching old games trying to figure them out

Damn, that's kinda hardcore there, buddy. Do what I do. Base your decisions on how good the teams were two years ago.

Creston

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 22:56 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 19:17:
Anyone else get a 38 meg X-Com patch? I haven't touched it in a few days but was surprised to see Steam downloading something.

Probably nor related, but the Fallout Vegas update that I got last week has now been linked to merging the game's content to the new data servers that allow you to install wherever you want. XCOM is new, so I doubt they would have put it on the old system.

Just an FYI that they are starting to merge older games to the new format.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 22:50 xXBatmanXx

And I am sure AP won't get MVP, but he deserves it.

RG3 doesn't do it for me. Reminds me of Vick. Runner, explosive, but no real field presence. He doesn't look off receivers and go to 3rd and 4th. He just runs and dumps. That works great until next year when they figure you out.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 20:21 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 19:24:
Kosumo wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 16:26:
one guy once had a testical ripped and still played on

Sometimes its not worth playing through the pain, that's one of those times.

Why do you think they have extra balls in sports?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 19:29 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:59:
I would have put Cousins in after the first quarter if I were Shanahan. Playing through pain is all well and good but RG was not performing because of his injury and leaving him in cost Washington any chance they may have had to win the game.
If he had, and the score ended as it did? The screams for Shananhan's head would be even louder. While I agree in hindsight your suggestion is excellent. I think the earliest he could have put him in is the 4th. And even then, he would have been seconded guessed about pulling RG3.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 19:24 Julio

one guy once had a testical ripped and still played on

Sometimes its not worth playing through the pain, that's one of those times.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 19:17 The Half Elf

Anyone else get a 38 meg X-Com patch? I haven't touched it in a few days but was surprised to see Steam downloading something.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 18:59 Prez

I would have put Cousins in after the first quarter if I were Shanahan. Playing through pain is all well and good but RG was not performing because of his injury and leaving him in cost Washington any chance they may have had to win the game.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 18:21 sauron

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 16:15:
sauron wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 16:03:
Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 09:57:
Using a cat to smuggle shit into a prison, everyone knows dogs are better diggers

Shoulda used a black cat and sent it in the middle of the night. My black tomcat is completely invisible in the dark. He has to wear a bell, or we'd never find him when he decides to nap in a closet.

It just goes to show you can't get pussy in prison.

Well played good sir! *applauds*

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 17:39 PHJF

How many of you folks played the original True Crime games? Were they this good?How many of you folks played the original True Crime games? Were they this good?

True Crime sucked ass.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:34 Beamer

Plenty of players play with broken limbs, torn muscles, etc.

And they often do so at the detriment of the team.

It's not about wither you can 'play thought the pain', it's about wither you can play as a fully function player - if you injury affects your moblity, your letting the whole team down.

Over the years New Zealand had many All Blacks play with injuries, broke arms, one guy once had a testical ripped and still played on.

Some think they are legends for doing so - really they are all now broken down old men who are out of touch with the modern game. (since rugby turned pro - the players are much better managed around injuries.)

Yeah, the Redskins would undoubtedly have been better off with a fully capable quarterback and having RG3 available in later games.

It's a calculated risk, but seems worthless for the wildcard.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20, blahblahblah.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:26 Kosumo

Plenty of players play with broken limbs, torn muscles, etc.

And they often do so at the detriment of the team.

It's not about wither you can 'play thought the pain', it's about wither you can play as a fully function player - if you injury affects your moblity, your letting the whole team down.

Over the years New Zealand had many All Blacks play with injuries, broke arms, one guy once had a testical ripped and still played on.

Some think they are legends for doing so - really they are all now broken down old men who are out of touch with the modern game. (since rugby turned pro - the players are much better managed around injuries.)

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:26 nin

I'm enjoying the hell out of Sleepy Dogs.

Well it's about time!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:23 Cutter

I'm enjoying the hell out of Sleepy Dogs. How many of you folks played the original True Crime games? Were they this good? Are they doing a follow-up to this?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:15 Cutter

sauron wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 16:03:
Using a cat to smuggle shit into a prison, everyone knows dogs are better diggers

Shoulda used a black cat and sent it in the middle of the night. My black tomcat is completely invisible in the dark. He has to wear a bell, or we'd never find him when he decides to nap in a closet.

It just goes to show you can't get pussy in prison.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 16:03 sauron

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2013, 15:18 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 13:27:
Man the next round of picks are going to be tough, I am digging through stats and watching old games trying to figure them out

I certainly don't think the broncos or patriots games are hard to call. And I'm a Texans fan

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo