Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers the following list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. Far Cry 3
  2. Torchlight II
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. THQ Collection
  5. Borderlands 2
  6. Max Payne 3
  7. Age of Empires III Complete
  8. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  9. Arma II Combined Operations
  10. Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 18:27 Frags4Fun

Kosumo wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 16:45:

Yes, I get scared in the water in real life.

You're not alone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 18:17 MajorD

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 14:39:
As I stated in the Nvidia driver thread, the new drivers make the game alot more smooth, and the story just got alot more interesting after saving Oliver.

Good to know, thanks. Gonna jump back into FC3 now and see how it plays...

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 17:26 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 16:45:
I enjoy the way how I'm always on edge when I'm in the water in farcry. It feel like I could be attack but shark,crocadile anytime (well most of the time) - I've often thought the games have not made very good use of the 'what lies below' of water over the last 8 years of FPS.

I stand up on a rock with my bow and long range snipe as many sharks as I can before entering the water

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 16:45 Kosumo

I enjoy the way how I'm always on edge when I'm in the water in farcry. It feel like I could be attack but shark,crocadile anytime (well most of the time) - I've often thought the games have not made very good use of the 'what lies below' of water over the last 8 years of FPS.

Yes, I get scared in the water in real life.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:54 Dades

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 14:39:
As I stated in the Nvidia driver thread, the new drivers make the game alot more smooth, and the story just got alot more interesting after saving Oliver.

Don't worry, it gets stupid again really soon but the gameplay was always a better showcase than the story. Loved Far Cry 3, just wish the writing wasn't so disjointed.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:39 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:28 JayDeath

Techie714 wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 13:41:
Glad to see Farcry 3 up at the top spot. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Yes it has its short falls & it could have been a little better in some areas but overall it's fantastic. A few things I love about it.

1. The open world, seriously this game has so much open beauty it's amazing. It really reminds me of Fallout in ways where you could literally spend just hours exploring & finding stuff. What it's lacking though is deep & engaging story lines in the side quests. they are all very simple side quests.

2. The graphics are so nice in this game at times my jaw actually dropped in some areas of how beautiful it could be. I'm not sure what engine it's using but I'm uber impressed

3. The AI is pretty decent. The bad guys take cover, flank you, & actually hunt you down for awhile at least. They also call in for back-up when their buddies start dieing off.

4. Main story line is actually really interesting and the characters you meet in the game are well acted & engaging in their narrative. It's actually a story line that is believable & makes you want to find out what happens next.

Just my thoughts on this game

* I think its biggest short fall is the lack of Mod support, yes their are mods but they are not properly supported. Mod support would have been a HUGE win for the openness of this game & a long bright future for it.

Mods: http://farcry.nexusmods.com/

I got it for x-mas and I haven't installed it yet. Maybe I'll fire it up tonite. Borderlands 2 has been consuming me lately!

Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:24 Panickd

Not surprised Far Cry 3 is at top of that list considering it went on sale only a few weeks after it was launched. Gotta love it when Steam does that!  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 14:11 Dev

Impressive to see torchlight outselling everything but farcry, and in a sales week too.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 13:41 Techie714

Glad to see Farcry 3 up at the top spot. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Yes it has its short falls & it could have been a little better in some areas but overall it's fantastic. A few things I love about it.

1. The open world, seriously this game has so much open beauty it's amazing. It really reminds me of Fallout in ways where you could literally spend just hours exploring & finding stuff. What it's lacking though is deep & engaging story lines in the side quests. they are all very simple side quests.

2. The graphics are so nice in this game at times my jaw actually dropped in some areas of how beautiful it could be. I'm not sure what engine it's using but I'm uber impressed

3. The AI is pretty decent. The bad guys take cover, flank you, & actually hunt you down for awhile at least. They also call in for back-up when their buddies start dieing off.

4. Main story line is actually really interesting and the characters you meet in the game are well acted & engaging in their narrative. It's actually a story line that is believable & makes you want to find out what happens next.

Just my thoughts on this game

* I think its biggest short fall is the lack of Mod support, yes their are mods but they are not properly supported. Mod support would have been a HUGE win for the openness of this game & a long bright future for it.

Mods: http://farcry.nexusmods.com/

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo