Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Showdown Effect Trailer

This trailer provides the opportunity to "meet the cast" of The Showdown Effect, the upcoming action game from Magicka developer Arrowhead Game Studios. Here's a rundown on the showdown: "In a combination dev-diary/preview/feature/explosion video, fans can meet Dutch McClone, a time-traveling Austrian searching for his identity; Lance Koboldski, a grizzled cop with only one day until retirement; Hailey Skye, a plucky girl genius who'll stop at nothing to uncover her father's killer; and Shur Foo, a gentleman who seems to believe there's no problem you can't solve by punching it."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 6, 2013, 03:20 Jerykk

"Side-scroller" is the most generic description you could possibly use. It's like saying "I'm not interested in 3D games." Showdown Effect, Mark of the Ninja and Starbound all have 2D gameplay and feature a scrolling camera but they belong to completely different genres. Blindly passing off games simply because they are 2D and feature a scrolling camera is incredibly stupid.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 09:49 Orphic Resonance

Starbound is the only side-scroller im interested in.. i hope they can deliver on the terraria x 100 concept  

5. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 09:15 LanikTnt

Impossible Mission was awesome! Didn't know it was on the C64, I played it on x86.  

4. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 02:25 bigspender

awww i was hoping they would make a first person magicka  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

3. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 02:08 jdreyer

I agree with Cutter, that looks really cool, but side scrollers haven't been my thing since Impossible Mission and Jumpman on the C64 (two of the greatest games of their time, but like 25 years ago Coffee ).

That being said, I'm very intrigued by all the buzz surrounding Mark of the Ninja and will probably pick it up soon. So, if I like that, I will put this one on my wishlist.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 4, 2013, 23:33 siapnar

This looks fucking awesome.

More sidescrollers!

btw Trine series on sale for 3 peanuts and 2 pieces of lint on Steam!

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 4, 2013, 20:12 Cutter

Actually looks kinda cool but I've never cared for side scrollers in the least so pass.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo