Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter

This Kickstarter Campaign seeks funding for Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, a stylized action/RPG from American McGee's Spicy horse Studios. A crowdsourcing effort from an established developer is no longer unusual, but there's another twist here, in that this game is actually already complete, and set to enter open beta testing this month, and the kickstart is to fund improvements. The major features they list that would be added if they raise $200,000 include tablet versions, co-op support, equipment crafting, and improved community support. You can find a gameplay trailer on the Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Website, which is also where to sign up for the beta.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 5, 2013, 14:43 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 20:21:
Holy arrogance, Batman! This sort of nonsense has to stop on KS. It's really pissing me off.

See this? Speedy Seeder is from a farmer who came up with a friggin brilliant idea and needs seed money - no pun intended - for it! This is the sort of thing KS is about!

Or this - Mine Detonator. Fucking noble!

Or this - which is most awesome of all! Vertical Harvest. I've been dreaming of doing something like this myself for decades now! It could revolutionize urban farming.

All these are the sorts of things for which KS was intended. It's the SPIRIT of the thing that matters.

Those are some pretty awesome projects. If I had an acre of land, I'd get that seed planter, no question!

I'd like to point out that there's probably 0% overlap between someone who would fund the projects you mentioned and someone who would fund Akaniero, so there's probably no funding lost. And most people on KS aren't fools, as evidenced by completely unfunded projects like this free game maker and the Black Isle silliness. If Akaniero gets funded, it will be b/c people felt the project has potential. Personally, I don't like what A McGee makes, so I won't be funding this, but I'd hate for KS to be limited in any way.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 5, 2013, 11:21 Slartibartfast

I wish Kickstarter had a "Nope" button.  

8. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 5, 2013, 01:38 JohnBirshire

I'm going to kickstart these clowns in the face.  

7. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 21:50 Orphic Resonance

PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:46:
At least the game looks cool. Seems like a Diablo-ized take on Muramasa/Odin Sphere.

at least mcdonalds food is cheap

right?

actually, raging fat asses are probably not the best people to contemplate that

6. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 21:46 PHJF

At least the game looks cool. Seems like a Diablo-ized take on Muramasa/Odin Sphere.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 21:24 SS

I take it this means the awful Alice sequel didn't sell too well.  

4. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 20:56 saluk

Ugh.  

3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 20:47 Orphic Resonance

all the parasites are just pouring out of the woodwork  

2. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 20:26 nin

American McGee's American McGee's Akaneiro: Demon Hunters (an American McGee game)

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 20:21 Cutter

Holy arrogance, Batman! This sort of nonsense has to stop on KS. It's really pissing me off.

See this? Speedy Seeder is from a farmer who came up with a friggin brilliant idea and needs seed money - no pun intended - for it! This is the sort of thing KS is about!

Or this - Mine Detonator. Fucking noble!

Or this - which is most awesome of all! Vertical Harvest. I've been dreaming of doing something like this myself for decades now! It could revolutionize urban farming.

All these are the sorts of things for which KS was intended. It's the SPIRIT of the thing that matters.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo