Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc., etc. Jan 5, 2013, 11:37 panbient

I went with Wilson as well. His comment might not have been the actual worse PR thing of the year but being the figurehead for one of the biggest launches of the year for one of the biggest companies in the industry, I would have expected Blizzard and its executives to be wiser in their communication. I didn't hate D3, but I also only know one person who kept playing after July (and I work at a small game studio).

Titov's attitude on the other hand, that's exactly the kind of arrogance I expect out of a small studio that managed to make itself look like it was on the verge of something huge. At least it seems like someone in the company got him to understand that he needed to disconnect his ego from the situation if he wanted his communication to start appearing remotely professional

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:23 Wallshadows

I picked Jay Wilson because it had a much greater impact on me whereas I don't give two fucks about War Z.

While Titov and company have been lying dicks in regards to The War Z and intend to exploit the success of DayZ to cash in, it's still in the hands of the players to simply not buy in to it. Jay Wilson, on the other hand, ran one of the most sought-after franchises in gaming in to the ground and then had the audacity to tear in to Brevik for his criticism which was pretty much spot on.

7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:13 nin

Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:10:
nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:03:
I'd nominate Paul Christoforo. True, it started at the end of last year, but it ran into this year.

Wow how did I forget about that guy? He's nearly Jack Thompson or Derek Smart level. What the hell is it about this industry that attracts these people?

I'm a little surprised he wasn't mentioned there. I went ahead and submitted his name under "vote for another", but sadly they're all lumped together, instead of breaking apart the submissions.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:12 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:05:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:02:
Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:57:
I voted for Jay Wilson's

Yeah? Well you're a fucking loser.

Jay?

Krovven hacked my account for a moment.

5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:10 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:03:
I'd nominate Paul Christoforo. True, it started at the end of last year, but it ran into this year.

Wow how did I forget about that guy? He's nearly Jack Thompson or Derek Smart level. What the hell is it about this industry that attracts these people?

4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:05 Prez

Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:02:
I voted for Jay Wilson's

Jay?

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:03 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:02 Sepharo

I voted for Jay Wilson's

1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 22:57 Prez

At the end of the PR Gaffe article is a worst gaffe poll. I voted for Jay Wilson's but WarZ is winning hands down.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo