Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale Encore This Weekend

Steam News announces that this weekend will be an encore for their 2012 Holiday Sale, where they will reprise some of the best deals offered during the annual extravaganza. The encore weekend kicks off at 1:00 pm EST tomorrow and will run through 1:00 pm EST on Monday. They also announce the daily deals for day sixteen of the sale:

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 21:11 Acleacius

Defiantly looking for New Vegas Complete to hit 75%, but can wait. As much as I despise id nowdays, I must admit Rage looks tempting at $5.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 21:05 Dev

Remember, tomorrow (5th) is the day to check through all the stuff thats on sale on steam but not front page. I noticed a ton of stuff on my wishlist is on sale, lots for 50% or 75%, stuff that never got front page exposure for steam sales.  

19. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 20:41 Beelzebud

fawker wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:38:
Encore? Hmm, sales a little flat from all the lackluster repeating offers?

You're actually bitching about a sale?

18. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 20:31 Saboth

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 19:13:
Wow, that's really heartbreaking to hear it went that low and I missed it! I'm still fairly new to GMG so I'll be sure to double down and compare on my visits to check out the sales. Actually, just checking it out now and there's a 20% off discount code so maybe if XCOM goes back on sale while that's offered, I can snag a decent deal. I don't expect it to go back on sale, but here's to hoping.

Is there any structure to their sales or do they shuffle them at random?

I picked X-Com up for 19.99 on Amazon as well. Haven't bought anything from GMG, as some people reportedly have their cards rejected or paypal declined when buying things.

17. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 20:28 Quinn

Ffs, bought Sleeping Dogs yesterday for 50% off.

Hateful.

Oh well, I don't ofter have the time to play an entire day like yesterday so I guess it's worth the €7,- extra I paid. The game is really good! Can't believe how bad the PR failed on this game. Had no idea it was this good, and I personally could've made all the trailers better in that they more accurately portrayed the true character of the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 19:13 Wallshadows

Wow, that's really heartbreaking to hear it went that low and I missed it! I'm still fairly new to GMG so I'll be sure to double down and compare on my visits to check out the sales. Actually, just checking it out now and there's a 20% off discount code so maybe if XCOM goes back on sale while that's offered, I can snag a decent deal. I don't expect it to go back on sale, but here's to hoping.

Is there any structure to their sales or do they shuffle them at random?

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2013, 19:44.

15. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 18:33 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 17:11:
I feel as though there is some kind of void in my current lineup of titles, especially after picking up several within the sale but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe I just need a damn fine strategy game to lay in to so here's to hoping XCOM can come down a little to help pass the time until the launch of Colonial Marines.

You're a bit late to grab XCOM at a discount. GMG had the best deal on XCOM, 50% off which stacked with the 30% coupon bringing it down to $17.50.

So far all of the best deals have been outside Steam, even for Steam games. I looked at my total so far, and I've only bought two games for myself on Steam during this sale. I've spent more at GMG and Amazon for Steam games, plus picked up some games from GOG.

MeanJim on Steam

14. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 18:11 Orphic Resonance

you ever had a deja vu, joel?

Clancy wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 17:33:
You can say that again.

13. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 17:33 Clancy

fawker wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:38:
You can say that again. Amazon and other places had games cheaper than steam almost all the time.
Way too many repeats with higher prices on steam.

12. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 17:28 Cutter

MajorD wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:52:
nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:39:
Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:27:
Well, even though Sleepy Dogs isn't a visual stunner I did like the demo so for $17 I bit.

Did you get the texture pack?

NICE! Thanks for heads-up on that nin.

Comparison

DownLoad

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on that gangstas!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 17:11 Wallshadows

I feel as though there is some kind of void in my current lineup of titles, especially after picking up several within the sale but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe I just need a damn fine strategy game to lay in to so here's to hoping XCOM can come down a little to help pass the time until the launch of Colonial Marines.

10. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 17:03 Alamar

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 16:18:
IMHO these 3 games are MUST buys & play

Farcry 3
Sleeping Dogs (With the texture pack..O...M...G!)
Dishonored

I disagree with all three... Mainly because I've not played any...

I did just run through Rage this holiday season, after picking it up at the previous sale for $5, and was highly and pleasantly surprised... Enjoyed it quite a bit : )

-Alamar

9. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 16:57 nin

Wasn't someone looking for New Vegas on Sale?

Teh Shack says it's $4.99 on gamersgate, I'm assuming w/o DLC...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 16:18 Techie714 ©

IMHO these 3 games are MUST buys & play

Farcry 3
Sleeping Dogs (With the texture pack..O...M...G!)
Dishonored

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:52 MajorD

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:39:
Well, even though Sleepy Dogs isn't a visual stunner I did like the demo so for $17 I bit.

NICE! Thanks for heads-up on that nin.

Comparison

DownLoad

6. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:50 The Half Elf

Did ya get the HD Texture pack? Visually it's pretty impressive.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:39 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:38 fawker

3. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:27 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 15:08 Shok

Hmmm maybe I'll pick up more games then this weekend. So far I've only bought Kotor2 and Mark of the ninja in the sales. Oh, and I also bought the Artrage app.  

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo