Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale Encore This Weekend

Steam News announces that this weekend will be an encore for their 2012 Holiday Sale, where they will reprise some of the best deals offered during the annual extravaganza. The encore weekend kicks off at 1:00 pm EST tomorrow and will run through 1:00 pm EST on Monday. They also announce the daily deals for day sixteen of the sale:

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 6, 2013, 09:07 Paul Burkhardt

If you can get Rage for $5 get it, it's worth it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 16:18 Dev

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:05:
Remember, tomorrow (5th) is the day to check through all the stuff thats on sale on steam but not front page. I noticed a ton of stuff on my wishlist is on sale, lots for 50% or 75%, stuff that never got front page exposure for steam sales.
I suddenly got an urge to check end times for some of the non front page sales. Turn out they END on the morning of the 5th. Good thing I checked. I got a few more items that were under $5.

I dunno why steam would do that, rerun the front page stuff but not all the THOUSAND PLUS items that were on sale that weren't front page. They seriously had almost everything on sale.

And typical steam, they made it basically impossible to see all the sale items in a single list. I ended up sorting it to price and looking at everything under $5. That was already 30+ pages of stuff.
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 14:45:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:19:
So the Encore sale just started... Some of the prices are messed up, like discounts not being applied when they should (0% off a lot of things). But also, one of yesterday's deals seems to have been erroneously enhanced: Sleeping Dogs for $4.50 (91% off). I've snatched up a couple copies for my inventory before they fix it!

Lol you're kidding me!
Not unusual with big valve sales to have issues and mistakes like that.

BTW, if anyone has an extra copy they'd like to sell, I'd pay $10 for one.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 17:55.

39. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 15:41 siapnar

Trine 2 and expansion are fantastic.

I've been posting about it everywhere, so the devs can get exposure. They deserve it.

I have projectile dysfunction.

38. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 14:45 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:19:
So the Encore sale just started... Some of the prices are messed up, like discounts not being applied when they should (0% off a lot of things). But also, one of yesterday's deals seems to have been erroneously enhanced: Sleeping Dogs for $4.50 (91% off). I've snatched up a couple copies for my inventory before they fix it!

Lol you're kidding me!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

37. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 13:42 nin

Looks like they fixed it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

36. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 13:19 jacobvandy

35. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 13:09 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 01:43:
A little something I found is that if I use my phone or tablet for Steam it's ALOT easier to see the sales with how the app is setup instead of Steam itself.

Maybe it's my carrier (sprint), but it always seems slow to me, and I sometimes have to reload the page several times to see all the graphics (not unlike steam, when it's gutting slammed with traffic).

edit: past noon - Aaaaand it's now repeats of the repeats (of the repeats)! Oh well, anything that gets Saint's Row 3 more love is a good thing. If any of you somehow missed it, NOW is the time. You'll thank me later!

34. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 10:53 El Pit

jimnms wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 08:39:
You can download files from the Nexus without registering.

Error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

You need to be a member and logged in to download files larger than 2Mb in size.

Register a free account or login

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

33. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 08:39 jimnms

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 01:40:
If you get New Vegas go here and at least get the bugfix mods.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/top/

It's a good game. I actually still play it. I liked all the DLC but if you can only get one get Old World Blues.

You might as well get all of the DLC, since most bug fixing mods require all of them anyway, like Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.

Also while your at it, grab Delay DLC, which does what it sounds like, it delays the activation of the DLC quests until you're within range of the radio station that starts them. Without it, as soon as you start a new game you pick up these radio signals and get quests and locations added to your PipBoy.

Another one to get is DLC Weapon Integration which does what the devs should have done, it integrates the new weapons added by the DLC into the world. You'll find the new weapons being used by NPC's and sold by vendors and merchants.

El Pit wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 05:58:
It reminds me of "X-Wing": You MUST register!

Any DDLs or register-free links to the mods would be welcome. I HATE to register for everything.

You can download files from the Nexus without registering.

MeanJim on Steam

32. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 05:58 El Pit

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 01:40:

It's a good game. I actually still play it. I liked all the DLC but if you can only get one get Old World Blues.

It reminds me of "X-Wing": You MUST register!

Any DDLs or register-free links to the mods would be welcome. I HATE to register for everything.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

31. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 01:43 The Half Elf

A little something I found is that if I use my phone or tablet for Steam it's ALOT easier to see the sales with how the app is setup instead of Steam itself.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 01:40 Silicon Avatar

29. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 00:41 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 19:13:
Wow, that's really heartbreaking to hear it went that low and I missed it! I'm still fairly new to GMG so I'll be sure to double down and compare on my visits to check out the sales. Actually, just checking it out now and there's a 20% off discount code so maybe if XCOM goes back on sale while that's offered, I can snag a decent deal. I don't expect it to go back on sale, but here's to hoping.

Is there any structure to their sales or do they shuffle them at random?

It was a one day deal, and GMG's sale is over. I posted about it in comments of that day's sale topic. I don't remember what Steam's best sale on XCOM was, but right now it's 50% off at Amazon as part of their 2012 Editor's Choice sale, and if you bought anything during their December sale you get a $5 discount on those games. Since I bought two things from Amazon, I have two $5 discounts, but there's only one game I want from the list of games. I would give you the other $5 credit if I could, but it's not tradeable.

MeanJim on Steam

28. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 00:17 jimnms

Saboth wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 20:31:
I picked X-Com up for 19.99 on Amazon as well. Haven't bought anything from GMG, as some people reportedly have their cards rejected or paypal declined when buying things.

I've never heard of anyone having PayPal declined, but it's not GMG's fault for the credit card problems. GMG is based in the UK, and some overly paranoid credit card companies automatically deny oversees payments.

I've bought a lot of stuff from GMG, and never had a problem. Everything I've bought from them are Steam games, so I don't know anything about their Capsule program, but I've heard it works fine. You can trade games (except Steam keys) back in for credit. I have picked up a few free games during promotions that I was later able to trade in.

MeanJim on Steam

27. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 00:03 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:11:
Defiantly looking for New Vegas Complete to hit 75%, but can wait. As much as I despise id nowdays, I must admit Rage looks tempting at $5.

As of this writing, GamersGate has FNV for $5: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FNV/fallout-new-vegas

Doesn't include the DLC but you can buy those separately when they go on sale. Steam has them all for $13 right now.

26. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 23:38 MisterBenn

I got Dark Souls yesterday and am loving it! For a change from Skyrim I am liking the "preset levels with choice of character" approach. Also both the character sheet and the combat are much better than Skyrim! The combat has a great deliberate feel to it and seems beautifully skill based. I heard all about the difficulty beforehand and I suppose it's true but it's fair - surviving from one campfire to the next with your chosen classes skills and abilities almost feels like a puzzle sometimes. There are a few load screens and small areas which reveal the console origin but amazingly the consolitis is really kept to a sensible level! Probably just the HUD could be improved a little.  

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

25. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 22:29 nin

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:24:
Liking Sleepy Dogs a lot so far. GTA goes far east as it were. Controls are pretty splashy so I can see where playing with a controller would be an advantage. That hi-rez package makes a world of difference as I recall the demo looking butt ugly. Looks like it's a solid win at $17 so far.

I think I started with k/m and eventually moved to a gamepad.

One of the better games of this past year. Maybe not GOTY, but still very enjoyable, and it's great Square/Enix rescued it, after Activision canceled it.

24. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 22:24 Cutter

Liking Sleepy Dogs a lot so far. GTA goes far east as it were. Controls are pretty splashy so I can see where playing with a controller would be an advantage. That hi-rez package makes a world of difference as I recall the demo looking butt ugly. Looks like it's a solid win at $17 so far.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

23. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 21:32 Silicon Avatar

I think I'm still playing games from the last sale. I finished Limbo and Legend of Grimrock. Now I'm working on Amnesia.

22. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 4, 2013, 21:16 nin

Acleacius wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:11:
Defiantly looking for New Vegas Complete to hit 75%, but can wait. As much as I despise id nowdays, I must admit Rage looks tempting at $5.

For $5, it's hard to go wrong with anything. Even if you only play it an hour...

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo