Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The War Z at War

The War Z Forums reveal that the embattled survival/horror shooter has been the subject of a denial of service attacks, though there's no word if these are being ironically facilitated through zombie computers. There are several updates showing the measures taken to address this, but the ultimate conclusion is that none of these worked, and they are now seeking help from Valve with this. Thanks MCV.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: The War Z at War Jan 7, 2013, 08:52 Verno

He's turning into a regular Krovven.

I've never understood the whole "bluesnews balrggghasf!" thing either, you're a part of this community too. Go visit some other forums for a change, Blues is no different from most other forums.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: The War Z at War Jan 6, 2013, 01:32 Creston

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:10:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:42:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:28:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:27:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:50:
They deserve everything they get negative wise.

like murder! they should fucking die!

GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

Yes because thats what i ment exactly.

its a fucking free-to-play game

get over yourselves

this is some preschool type shit.. "waaaaaaaaah!! he stole my cookie!! waaaaaaah!"

It's blues did you expect much different?

Good job at joining the facepalm brigade there. Btw, if you hate it so much here, why don't you just get lost?

Creston

39. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 22:15 Kitkoan

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 03:43:
MINDLESS.
AUTOMATON.

Couldn't have summed you up better.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

38. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 21:38 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:10:

Did you somehow miss the fact that he was wrong? Read then post. Here's a hint:

You're confusing Day Z with War Z. Day Z is the Free to Play mod of Arma 2. War Z is a paid-for stand-alone game.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 21:55.

37. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 13:10 RollinThundr

get over yourselves

this is some preschool type shit.. "waaaaaaaaah!! he stole my cookie!! waaaaaaah!"

36. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 03:43 Orphic Resonance

Flatline wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:19:
EPIC.
FAIL.

MINDLESS.
AUTOMATON.

35. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 22:20 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:51:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:06:
Why should I care what some kids feel about a game that was obviously a scam from day one, and who only spend their parents money anyway?

It was only obviously a scam from day one if you happened to know about Day Z. And even then, this seemed to be a fully functional stand-alone game, with tons of features. It wasn't until about a week later when everyone who was playing said "hey, wait a second... None of this shit they promised is actually IN here."

Harsh to tell people who bought the game for Christmas "Well, you got suckered, and now you can't play it anymore."

Creston
Well, if you care for your money, you always check first. If you dont, then you dont care about the money.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

34. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 22:19 Flatline

get over yourselves

EPIC.
FAIL.

33. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 22:14 Flatline

ViRGE wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:37:
nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:31:
ASeven wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:27:
You reap what you sow and these guys sure are reaping a plentiful harvest of nastiness.

Pretty much. I can't say I feel pity for them, after everything that happened.

You should. As crappy as the situation is, a DoS attack is never the answer. Especially since DoS attacks have high amounts of collateral damage.

Are we sure it's a real DoS? If they were really the scam artists that they're being accused of, a "DoS" sounds like a great way to throw up your hands and walk away.

There were accusations that the game would get it's plug pulled if it wasn't profitable enough fast enough, and now that the cat's out of the bag oh hey look nobody can play any more due to the nasty evil hackers. We'll "try" a few things and then shrug and walk away from it and say "you're on your own kiddies!"

32. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 20:03 Closed Betas

Ahh I knew I knew the name Sergey from somewhere, this is the guy that charged his beta testers real money in War, Inc, like, more than retail copies of a game would cost, and then he would change the items in the shop so they were'nt the best ones anymore.... So everyone would pony up more.. IN BETA... lol... No surprise here and you know what they say about Karma, and I don't think this is the end of this guys problems, he's a serious low life from what I can see, and that's not from hearsay.  

31. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 18:28 Kitkoan

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:48:
Had the War Z guys asked Blizzard for help, the response would have "Fuck those losers."

Creston

Naw, they'd need an active internet connection to deal with Blizzard these days...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

30. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 17:39 Nadool

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 17:16:
It's hard to feel sorry for the WarZ team because in my view this was largely of their own making.

I do feel bad for the team because they're stuck working for this dick. They've spoken out against the project for a while now. Every time he opens his mouth he just makes his team look even worse. I couldn't imagine being in their spot. Trying to turn this game from its current state of shit into that list of features that don't currently exist. Shitty spot to be in.

It sucks that one douche makes the bed but a bunch of people are also forced to lay in it.

29. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 17:16 Prez

My take is that this is a perfect example of one of the many reasons NOT to be a complete dick when you are an indie developer. Hackers clearly love to target obnoxious assholes like Titov and indies don't have the resources to secure their servers like Blizzard does. It's hard to feel sorry for the WarZ team because in my view this was largely of their own making.

It was only obviously a scam from day one if you happened to know about Day Z. And even then, this seemed to be a fully functional stand-alone game, with tons of features. It wasn't until about a week later when everyone who was playing said "hey, wait a second... None of this shit they promised is actually IN here."

Indeed. I almost bought it myself but luckily I checked the threads here first, which made the situation clear to me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 15:51 Creston

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:06:
Why should I care what some kids feel about a game that was obviously a scam from day one, and who only spend their parents money anyway?

Harsh to tell people who bought the game for Christmas "Well, you got suckered, and now you can't play it anymore."

Creston

27. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 15:48 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:51:
I would love to hear the off-the-record office chatter over at Valve when they were asked to help.

I imagine it went something like "BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA"

Edit : Nadool :-ninja-: 'd me!

Had the War Z guys asked Blizzard for help, the response would have "Fuck those losers."

Creston

26. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 15:12 Overon

One wrong to counter another wrong doesn't make anything right. The people who are doing a DOSed don't care about the collateral damage.

I don't care if this if this is the most hated company in America, they shouldn't be DOSed. There are other ways to make your opinions know about how much they suck without resorting to this kind of behavior.

25. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 15:06 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:49:
You reap what you sow and these guys sure are reaping a plentiful harvest of nastiness.

Just because Sergey is a dick, doesn't mean that players who paid for software and have a right to play it should be prevented from doing so. This attack is just wrong on so many levels. If a man wrongs you, you don't kick his children.

If these children dont listen and have to touch the hotplate to learn, then so be it.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

24. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 14:06 jacobvandy

Anybody who didn't get a refund from Steam after it was pulled has wasted their money anyway... All stuff like this does is make them move on with their lives sooner rather than later.  

23. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 13:50 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:49:

Just because Sergey is a dick, doesn't mean that players who paid for software and have a right to play it should be prevented from doing so. This attack is just wrong on so many levels. If a man wrongs you, you don't kick his children.

But by depriving them of this game, we force his children to go play other, hopefully better games instead.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

22. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 13:30 Nadool

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:51:
I would love to hear the off-the-record office chatter over at Valve when they were asked to help.

I think it went something like this:

"Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...baaaahahahahahahahaha"

I'm paraphrasing, of course.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo