Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Reason.com - 38 Studios: Curt Schilling's Crony Capitalism Debacle.
Former Gov. Carcieri hoped 38 Studios would be the cornerstone of a new video game tech hub in Rhode Island. Instead, the fallout from the collapse and squandered taxpayer dollars will make the state unlikely to cut any more of what WPRI's Ted Nesi describes as "special, one-off deals with individual companies...picked by a certain group of people in state government."

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

3. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 11:45 Orphic Resonance

seriously... i doubt you really understand just how shitty the political system is

its not just "damn these guys are hypocrites".. there is a gargantuan mountain of heinously vile bullshit, makes this "debacle" look like a dropped ice cream cone

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 10:54 Verno

What's ironic is that government is bigger than ever, that's something I've never felt the traditional Republican party has really delivered on. The claims about small government are just more campaign promises that never materialize. I'm far from a Libertarian but at least their proposed governmental overhauls are actually far reaching, no matter how comical the rest of their platform is. The Democrats are no help either, they pander just as much to corporate interests and continue to proliferate government oversight on the people instead of the corporations.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

1. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 10:37 Cutter

Schilling has been an outspoken "small government Republican" activist, who campaigned with President George W. Bush in 2004, but with his business in dire straits, he once again turned to the state for a bailout.

All these hypocrites are the same. Telling everyone else to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps but when they need it - after they've ignored moral hazard and pissed away everyone elses money - they're the first guys in line with their hands out.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo