Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

1Reason - In The Base Case by Kim Swift (thanks GamesIndustry International)
So, I have a secret wish. Whenever Iím in the public eye, whether itís doing PR or giving a talk Ė and this is going to sound amazingly corny ó I hope that thereís a little girl out there that sees me and thinks to herself, ďOh look! Girls make games too.Ē I say this because this problem isnít going to change on a dime. A grown adult isnít going to change their mind about their inherent beliefs or their personality because someone gave them the stink eye (or an Internet reaming).

View
18. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 09:20 Rigs

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 09:10:
After reading parts of this thread, I can't possibly imagine why so many people think there's sexism in the game industry and community.

No, it's not that. I'm tired of constantly turning around and being told I'm scum because I'm a man. Everywhere nowadays, it's the 'mighty white man taketh over, how dare he?!' and as a divorced, single father, I take offense to being portrayed as a stupid, bumbling, sexist, racist drunk who only cares about himself! That's all I see in advertising and in media anymore. But can I say anything about it without being labeled sexist? Obviously not. So why fight it anymore? I tried being the nice apologetic ladies man and all I got for it was more hate-filled diatribes on blogs and news articles by 'oppressed' woman folk. Fuck them. I'm done being sorry for WHO I am even though everyone else apparently can do or say whatever the fuck they want and if I (meaning 'men in general') call them on it, I'm the sexist asshole! So, fine, I'm a sexist asshole. Now they can all shut up about it because we admitted they're right, we're wrong. Whatever. Just shut the fuck up already. (whiny women 'in general', not you in particular PA)...

Hopefully that made some sense...if not, sorry, I'm extremely tired from working 20-30 hours at a time the last couple weeks...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 3, 21:06 Re: Op Ed Cutter
  2. Jan 3, 21:14 Re: Op Ed Orphic Resonance
  3. Jan 3, 21:15 Re: Op Ed jdreyer
  4. Jan 3, 21:27  Re: Op Ed eRe4s3r
  5. Jan 3, 21:32   ooooOOOOoooOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOooo Orphic Resonance
  6. Jan 3, 21:47    Re: ooooOOOOoooOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOooo eRe4s3r
  9. Jan 3, 22:21     .... i know kung fu .... Orphic Resonance
  7. Jan 3, 21:50 Re: Op Ed Ratty
  8. Jan 3, 22:04 Re: Op Ed jdreyer
  10. Jan 3, 22:23  Re: Op Ed Prez