Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2013, 11:45 TheEmissary

Just think for a moment everywhere Google is at the moment. They are have a 70% lead in search, they have 51% of the smartphone market, a near domination of the contextual web advertising and user-submitted video content. Alternatives exist but more often than not there aren't enough competitors or the standard set.

Google really has nothing to rein them in. This is partially because of the hands off approach by some in government towards corporations. It also the consumers fault for not giving the alternatives a chance.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2013, 11:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 22:18 Orphic Resonance

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:26:
Wow, Google gets a reprimand. Remind me again, does the US have anti-trust laws anymore?

do you actually expect justice and fairness on planet earth?

theres your problem

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 22:01 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:26:
Wow, Google gets a reprimand. Remind me again, does the US have anti-trust laws anymore?

That headline is really misleading...

Google pledged to stop scraping sites to display their info alongside search results, will make advertising data exportable, and will not attempt to block sales of devices using essential patents.

Despite the article downplaying those things, they're pretty huge concessions. The only thing that was dropped was whether Google games its search results to hurt its competitors... Apparently an investigation says they don't. I've never got that impression from the results. Microsoft even had that Bing vs Google thing and the results looked pretty much the same.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 21:26 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo