Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Video games fail to stoke kids' appetite for fruit. Jan 5, 2013, 06:20 Fantaz

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:42:
Since violent games don't turn kids into mass murderers, I wouldn't expect that fruit eating games would turn kids into fruit eaters.

As for making games more healthy, I think having some physical aspect to them is a good idea, like Wii fit or some of the kinect motion games. Also, if I could hook up some kind of electric meter to the PC or xbox, and charge it via a stationary bike or something, that would be cool: 5m on the bike charges the PC for 10m or something.

Fruit ninja totally gets me hungry!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Video games fail to stoke kids' appetite for fruit. Jan 4, 2013, 09:17 Verno

Julio wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 06:03:
The one positive to blocking used games (if done well) is that Lamestop will have to stop selling you new games that are actually used.

That actually happened to me a few years ago and since then I just stopped going to Gamestop entirely. They rarely have stock on newer games anyway whereas Bestbuy and Walmart are usually afloat in extra copies.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

2. Re: Video games fail to stoke kids' appetite for fruit. Jan 4, 2013, 06:03 Julio

The one positive to blocking used games (if done well) is that Lamestop will have to stop selling you new games that are actually used.  

1. Video games fail to stoke kids' appetite for fruit. Jan 3, 2013, 21:42 jdreyer

Since violent games don't turn kids into mass murderers, I wouldn't expect that fruit eating games would turn kids into fruit eaters.

As for making games more healthy, I think having some physical aspect to them is a good idea, like Wii fit or some of the kinect motion games. Also, if I could hook up some kind of electric meter to the PC or xbox, and charge it via a stationary bike or something, that would be cool: 5m on the bike charges the PC for 10m or something.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo