Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon?

A post on All Games Beta shows tweets from Evolve PR dude Tom Ohle revealing his excitement over a Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, saying this look at CD Projekt RED's upcoming cyberpunk RPG will be released for all to see 'next weekish.' As far as we can see, there are no longer the tweets in the feed corresponding to what they posted, but there is a conversation that refers to a trailer using nearly the same "Next week. Ish" phrase, which suggests the AGB story may be based tweets that were deleted after this became news. Ish. Thanks VG247.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 4, 2013, 11:38 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 23:39:
sorta.. you cant just say its like shadowrun without the magic/fantasy stuff, because thats a main focus.. elves, orcs, shamans, all that kind of shit is what makes it shadowrun to begin with

cyberpunk was always about the nasty, dirty side of the future - it was like the writers wanted to make "neuromancer - the rpg".. tons and tons of implants and enhancements and all that - but the book art and descriptions gave it a very "gritty" feel, and playing the game with all those components inevitably gave it a certain harsh atmosphere that i found unique at the time - and even though shadowrun came out soon after, its just really not the same at all

its a great fit for CD Projekt Red.. the source material is right up their alley.. its a very adult style RPG

Yeah, that does sound really cool. I think they are a great fit for a really gritty/dark RPG.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 4, 2013, 02:15 Jerykk

Looking forward to Cyberpunk but I'm pretty sure this "trailer" is just going to be an extremely brief CGI teaser, if even that. It will probably just be flashes of concept art and renders with a few soundbites and then the game's logo, kind of like the DX:HR teaser a while back.

And yeah, Tanto's comment about the "glut" of futuristic games is pretty silly, especially when it comes to RPGs. There's certainly a glut of fantasy RPGs but sci-fi RPGs are a far rarer beast, especially cyberpunk sci-fi.

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 23:39 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 22:32:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 20:06:
i wonder how many people even know about the pen and paper game this is based on, let alone played it..

if you did, youd probably be pretty excited about this.. especially in light of witcher series

I never played the actual Cyberpunk RPG, but Shadowrun is fairly similar to it, right? (if you don't count the magical stuff from Shadowrun.)

sorta.. you cant just say its like shadowrun without the magic/fantasy stuff, because thats a main focus.. elves, orcs, shamans, all that kind of shit is what makes it shadowrun to begin with

cyberpunk was always about the nasty, dirty side of the future - it was like the writers wanted to make "neuromancer - the rpg".. tons and tons of implants and enhancements and all that - but the book art and descriptions gave it a very "gritty" feel, and playing the game with all those components inevitably gave it a certain harsh atmosphere that i found unique at the time - and even though shadowrun came out soon after, its just really not the same at all

its a great fit for CD Projekt Red.. the source material is right up their alley.. its a very adult style RPG

17. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 22:32 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 20:06:
i wonder how many people even know about the pen and paper game this is based on, let alone played it..

if you did, youd probably be pretty excited about this.. especially in light of witcher series

I never played the actual Cyberpunk RPG, but Shadowrun is fairly similar to it, right? (if you don't count the magical stuff from Shadowrun.)

An RPG set in a futuristic setting by these guys sounds fucking awesome.

Creston

16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 20:19 Iurand

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 17:27:
And how the fuck does anyone figure we have a glut of futuristic games? DXHR 2 years ago. And then what? SRR this year as well as that other title whose name escapes me. And is there anything else? So what? Maybe 3 games in total over 3 years? Wow, some glut. I'd hate to see what he considers the 50 million FPS clones out there.

Could you define, what you understand by "futuristic game"?

15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 20:06 Orphic Resonance

14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 18:36 Fantaz

All Games Beta is some kind of Neogaf site, isn't it?

I hate that forum with a passion...

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 18:34 Creston

I so hope this will be awesome. An adult cyberpunk RPG? Drool

Creston

12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 18:30 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 17:27:
And how the fuck does anyone figure we have a glut of futuristic games?
Indeed. Modern Shooters and post-apocalyptic are the only genres that are being over done. At the end of the day who cares if a genre is popular, people are buying and are happy. Bring on a second wave of WW2 shooters please

We need more futuristic shooters like Hard Reset.

11. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 18:04 ChandlerL

Techie714 wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 16:16:
For me anything with CD Projekt RED attached to it is an instant buy. These guys are what Bioware was like 10 years ago....

*Dragon Age was good

Exactly what I was thinking, mate.

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 17:27 Cutter

The control scheme in the Weecher 2 sucks. Why the fuck can I not zoom in and out? Like cereal you guys! That and some other shit pisses me off. It's much better than the first but there's still a lot of needlessly verbose shit in-game.

And how the fuck does anyone figure we have a glut of futuristic games? DXHR 2 years ago. And then what? SRR this year as well as that other title whose name escapes me. And is there anything else? So what? Maybe 3 games in total over 3 years? Wow, some glut. I'd hate to see what he considers the 50 million FPS clones out there.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 17:22 netnerd85

Stop posting "Soon" news. It's not news until it happens!  

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 16:16 Techie714

For me anything with CD Projekt RED attached to it is an instant buy. These guys are what Bioware was like 10 years ago....

*Dragon Age was good

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 15:23 nin

Flatline wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 15:15:
Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 14:01:
Oh terrific. For years we couldn't get a decent Shadowrun game going.
Now we have a glut of 'futuristic games'.

Jesus Christ there's no pleasing some people.

TONTO HARD TO PLEASE.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 15:15 Flatline

Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 14:01:

Jesus Christ there's no pleasing some people.

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 15:06 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 14:20:
I'll never complain about too many futuristic games. Cant wait

Agreed. High hopes for this one, hope it turns out well.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 15:04 ItBurn

I'm also somewhat excited about this.

I wouldn't say that the witcher games are perfect, but I would say that they're good real rpgs.

I just completed the Witcher 2. The dialogue is still very awkward, just like in the first game. They need to get someone who masters english to rewrite the dialogue. The game itself is better than the first one when it comes to action and momentum, but I found the story too political and less personal, which isn't really what you'd expect from a Witcher story. It still features a bit too much backtracking and it takes a while to engage. The graphics are amazing and the choices are fiendish, which is good.

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 14:20 dj LiTh

I'll never complain about too many futuristic games. Cant wait  

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 14:01 Tanto Edge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Soon? Jan 3, 2013, 13:55 Cutter

Cool. Please don't suck.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo