Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA?

The World of Warcraft Website announces the promised version 5.2 patch for World of Warcraft is now live on the Public Test Realm for the MMORPG. They offer a series of notes on the new version, though they warn that these are not final. Here's an overview: "By logging in you can help us test a massive new raid dungeon, a multi-faceted new quest hub, Pet Battle improvements, new world bosses, significant class balance changes, brand new pets and mounts, assorted bug fixes, and more." On a related note, VG247 notes a post on WoW Serbia pointing to a trailer showing "Defense of the Alehouse" to feature some sort of MOBA gameplay, which they suggest will also be part of this version 5.2 patch, though this is just speculation at this point.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 21:03 Omni

Sadly they ruined this game a long time ago and then monthly fee they are asking is way to much for what it is worth.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 18:37 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 14:37:
First, 2921 days is more than a decade.

:-facepalm-: Your Math-Fu is not so strong...

EDIT: I should have read all the comments before replying. Sigh.

I guess people are excited to pay $15 a month to play MOBA when you can do so for free almost everywhere else?

Creston

11. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 16:43 dj LiTh

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 09:57:
I havent been a wow player for close to a decade (2921 days sober), but i think a MOBA style pvp would be pretty cool.

.... just no.

10. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 16:20 MacLeod

Err... 2921 / 365 = ~8 years (even factoring in leap years)

9. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 15:09 TheEmissary

I am not sure MOBA Battlegrounds would be a reason to come back to WoW. There are plenty of Dota/Moba style games out there that don't require the same amount of time sink and sub.

It might however be cool for the people that currently enjoy the game. Blizzard over all has habit of doing things like this before like having a chess game, plants vs zombies, and other little mini-games.

I am not exactly sure how they could handle the Moba progression if they allow max level characters and epic pve/pvp items. They would have to make the gear and characters you use separate from the main game. If not you might as well get rid of the death penalty and feeding.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 14:37 Mr. Tact

I havent been a wow player for close to a decade (2921 days sober), but i think a MOBA style pvp would be pretty cool.
First, 2921 days is more than a decade. Second, WoW wasn't around 11+ years ago. Then again, you probably didn't mean it literally..

Anyway, I'm with nin, I miss Wintergrasp. Wouldn't go so far as to say it's the only thing I miss, but definitely at the top of the list. Sober 14-15 months now.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 14:16 dj LiTh

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 13:13:
nin wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 10:00:
I miss wintergrasp. But that's about all I miss of wow...

I miss their crappy PvP balance. I mean the one right after release.

I miss my godly shaman that ran train on everything else to

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 13:13 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 10:00:

I miss their crappy PvP balance. I mean the one right after release.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 13:11 Stimpack

"Got any original or creative ideas yet?"

"Nope, still nothin'".

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 11:15 Dev

Which is precisely why they are doing it.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 10:56 Minuit

I was excited for a moment about a collaboration between World of Warcraft and the Museum Of Bad Art, but then I watched the trailer.

Maybe next time.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 10:00 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 09:57 dj LiTh

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo