Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 4, 2013, 13:50 ASeven

And it seems the rumor of the next consoles not allowing second hand games to be run is starting to take form. I love how the industry tries to destroy itself at every turn.

The next consoles will have a reception as hot as Win8 did, mark my words. People will find that the next gen doesn't offer nearly enough over the current gen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 17:07 Ozmodan

Exactly why I don't buy console games nor PC games with always on DRM.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 16:11 jdreyer

I don't see most of those xbox problems going away now or after the new one ships. Most are money makers for MS.

1. They won't offer AAA downloads cheaply or on day 1 since that pisses off the brick and mortar outlets.

2. They might fix this one with the next gen xbox (b/c it's cool and can be used as a sales point, but also non-financial beyond the dev cost)

3. They always will mismatch the points you can buy with the cost of the games so they can get more money from you. Beauty of a closed system.

4. Ads make money, and advertisers make loud ads. This is hated by the general population, and the US is in the process of considering laws to curb ad volume, although I think it only applies to TV.

5. $40K to deploy a patch? Not gonna change that money maker.

6. This might change. Sounds like it might be hurting sales. I'd expect a change like that to roll out with the new hardware.

7. A good idea, although personally I prefer to shut my devices completely off so they don't vampire my electricity.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 13:27 Panickd

Like they're going to fix the 360 with the new one just around the bend, c'mon! That's marketing 101: make the new product so much better than the old that people just have to upgrade. The patch cost is definitely one thing they have to address going forward though. If you want to make Activision or EA pay $40,000 to patch a title great, they can afford it (but I'm betting good money they don't pay a dime). But why would you charge an indie studio that's probably not even going to make that much on their game post-patch a sum like that? Do you really not want indie games on your console that badly?  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 09:39 Axis

Care less about 'hardcore' consoles. The Wii U for casual and PC for hardcore is the perfect combo.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 09:33 Verno

Not even sure I'll bother with a console next gen and if I do it would likely be a Sony one for exclusives that I actually want.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2013, 09:24 nin

Seven problems we don't need a next gen Xbox to fix.

Only briefly touched on in 4, but they missed the obvious - "Fix The Fucking UI"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo