Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2013, 11:06 Creston

HughesNet is absolutely the most terrible provider you can possibly get. After I moved into my new house, I noticed my neighbor had HughesNet when I was over at his place, and I asked him how it was. He said it'd been down for two weeks, and he was still waiting on a technician to come and fix it.

I troubleshooted it for awhile, then called their customer support number since everything on my neighbor's side seemed to be okay (as far as I could check.)

After waiting for about 30 mins to finally get someone, I spoke to just about the rudest piece of shit imaginable, who curtly informed me that the problem was on my neighbor's side, and that he was just going to "have to wait" until there was a tech available.

Okay then.

I got my neighbor switched over to a new ISP that same day, who'd come by and installed their stuff a day later, and he was back up and running, and raving about how "fast" it was! (note, this is the same 756k/256k provider that I use...)

To this date, Hughesnet's piece of shit dish is still on his house.

Creston

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jan 3, 11:06 Re: Morning Metaverse Creston
  2. Jan 3, 13:49 Re: Morning Metaverse Panickd
  4. Jan 3, 18:42  Re: Morning Metaverse Creston
  5. Jan 3, 20:07  Re: Morning Metaverse killer_roach
  6. Jan 4, 10:12  Re: Morning Metaverse Ant
  3. Jan 3, 16:20 Re: Morning Metaverse Techie714

footer

Blue's News logo