Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Elite: Dangerous Funded

The Kickstarter for Elite: Dangerous shows that this Frontier Developments has surpassed its 1,250,000 funding goal with over two days remaining in the crowd-sourcing campaign for this space simulation revival. The project now has a 1,500,000 stretch goal which will add another 10 playable ships to the game. Thanks VG247.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 3, 2013, 21:55 DangerDog

mac version milestone reached, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

perhaps they'll have to work exclusively with opengl instead of directx.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 3, 2013, 14:34 Parias

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 19:06:
In the age of the internet, sometimes you want to be social with people in the same room without giving up geeky pleasures.

I do this - it's called "haul my computer over to the other guy's place and play co-op games all day while yelling at each other each time someone screws up".

(In all seriousness though, I concur - boardgames still have a good place. We've had craploads of fun with the Battlestar Galactica boardgame)

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 3, 2013, 11:32 Creston

Rigs wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 03:05:
Holy shit, Cutter already checked in, Creston hasn't had a cow yet?! Is he dead? Someone wake his ass up! His favorite game just got funded!

=-Rigs-=

I'd already had my say in the OOTB section.

Creston

10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 3, 2013, 07:05 J

I'm going to need a damn deep box of popcorn for the run-up to and subsequent release of this one. Should be good! Popcorn  

9. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 3, 2013, 03:05 Rigs

Holy shit, Cutter already checked in, Creston hasn't had a cow yet?! Is he dead? Someone wake his ass up! His favorite game just got funded!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 2, 2013, 21:26 Orphic Resonance

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:53:
I can't get over how well tabletop games do with kickstarter and who has all the time to learn all the different one's?

tabletop games are doing quite well atm

the euro style games have a lot of similar qualities, especially the "worker placement" ones

its not that tough to get your head around because they tend to borrow mechanics or use slightly modified versions

some favorites: ninjato, agricola, puerto rico, starfarers of catan, merchants and marauders, alien frontiers, mansions of madness (occasionally.. setup is a chore)

also i like mage knight, but most people dont have the patience for it.. its a game that has entire player turn reversals built into the rules, because its so complex that its easier to just do everything and then rewind time later if you have to, rather than planning everything beforehand

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 2, 2013, 19:06 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:53:
I can't get over how well tabletop games do with kickstarter and who has all the time to learn all the different one's?

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

My kids love table top games, so we have a lot of geekier ones: Elder Signs, Cyclades, Pandemic, Castle Panic, Setters of Catan. In the age of the internet, sometimes you want to be social with people in the same room without giving up geeky pleasures.

Speaking of table top, just last week I discovered Wil Wheaton's Table Top youtube show. Funny and entertaining, and about an interesting topic as well: each episode they review a different table top game.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 2, 2013, 17:53 HorrorScope

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 17:01 dj LiTh

Well they did it, glad without my money. If they ever make anything i'll be interested then.  

4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 16:40 Cutter

Elite: Vaporware

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 16:36 The Half Elf

Well I'm skeptical of all kickstarters, but I do hope this and Robert's games ship.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 16:35 nin

Still extremely skeptical....

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Funded Jan 2, 2013, 16:27 DangerDog

Despite there being so many attempts at making sci-fi space sims none have managed to capture the essence of the original Elite. Hopefully this actually gets produced, I'm looking forward to playing it.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo