Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues

GOG.com announces "one promo to rule them all" to conclude their holiday sale, saying the "number of games you can get today up to 75% off is simply mind-boggling." The sale items are on the GOG.com front page, and they note that in addition to all these 75% discounts, most of the rest of their catalog is still on sale for half-off for the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, it's day fourteen of the Steam holiday sale. Here are today's specials:

• Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Magicka on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Painkiller Franchise on Steam. Save 50-75%.
  • Sniper Elite V2 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Tomb Raider Collection on Steam. Save 75%.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

I want to try Dark Souls, it sounds interesting. $18 on amazon or $19.99 on Steam right now, the problem is I don't have a controller for my PC.

Looking around online, the xbox360 controller for PC is $50-60... is it worth it to even buy this game if the controller required to play it is basically the cost of a brand new game? Opinions please. Obviously once I HAD the controller I could consider other consolish games, but still.

At the very least am I missing some cheap controller source?

*EDIT* Ok found one as low as $36, will continue the search. How bad is Dark Souls with Keyboard/Mouse? *EDIT*

ps. Bought entirely too much off gog.com the past few weeks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:39 StingingVelvet

I was gone for most of 2012 but I have bought pretty much every 2012 game I wanted in these sales. Only exception being Borderlands 2, but as a solo player it's much lower on my priority list than it would be for an online gamer.

Now I have to make the agonizing decision of which to play first. I'm thinking Dishonored or Far Cry 3.

6. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:32 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:20:
Amazon Dark Souls = $18 plus you can use your $5 credit on it. I'll probably pass on it give how poor I've heard the port is. Anyone know if it's improved? Do you still have to use a gamepad?

Some games are just better with a gamepad. I'm a KB/M guy, but even if Dark Souls *were* an awesome port and supported KB/M well, it would be a bad experience with it. That's not what kind of control scheme the game was designed for, at its core.

5. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:24 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:20:
Amazon Dark Souls = $18 plus you can use your $5 credit on it. I'll probably pass on it give how poor I've heard the port is. Anyone know if it's improved? Do you still have to use a gamepad?

You don't have to but it's a much easier experience with one given how often precision movement is required. I suggest picking it up, difficulty is punishing but rewarding all the same and there is very little like it on the market. It's worth it for the environmental design alone. Apply DSFix and you're pretty much good to go.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:20 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:05 CJ_Parker

Steam sale has fallen victim to its own popularity. With so many people willing to score daily deals, publishers are getting more greedy and discount less.

2. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 13:57 The Half Elf

It started off strong pre-Xmas, but now it's fading fast. Then again Steam is known for huge deals on the last day of their sales.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 13:47 SpectralMeat

Steam sale isn't very strong lately. There were a few good deals but for the most part Amazon and greenmangaming is kicking Steam's ass.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo