Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements

LEGO and WBIE announce the launch of a new franchise called Legends of Chima, which is spawning three video games covering different platforms and genres as well as related television content along with the construction sets one would expect from a LEGO property. The premise is a fantasy adventure in a setting "inhabited by different magical animal tribes and tells the classic story of good and evil, friendship and family." This website is homepage for all this, offering teaser trailers, and more. Here's the deal on the three games, including a youth-oriented MMORPG called Legends of Chima Online:

LEGO® Legends of Chima ™: Speedorz ™, a racing mini-game produced by TT Games and 4T2, revs its way on to LEGO.com today and iOS tomorrow, 3rd January. Players will race against famous Chima™ characters, battle through iconic Chima™ locations, and unleash the power of CHI to boost their Speedorz, all while collecting studs and rewards to unlock more Speedorz and customize characters. The player's goal is to become the ultimate champion and win Golden CHI, which transforms the world map and opens a new race level.

LEGO® Legends of Chima ™: Laval’s Journey, developed by TT Games, is scheduled to be available for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and for the PS®Vita system in summer 2013 and for the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system in autumn 2013. Players will embark on an amazing adventure into the world of Chima™ where the brave warrior Laval and his allies are called upon to fight for justice.

In autumn 2013, LEGO® Legends of Chima ™ Online , a free-to-play, online world developed by WB Games Montréal, will provide kids with a safe and incredibly immersive connected game experience. Players will be able to build and customize their kingdom in the world of Chima™, explore massive environments like the Falling Leaves Forest, take on missions to help Laval and his friends, uncover hidden secrets and treasures, earn rewards, and use LEGO bricks to build weapons, gadgets, and more!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 3, 2013, 21:27 Orphic Resonance

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 23:06:
One flaw is no more flawed then a group of flaws, or vice versa....would you not agree?

nope... btw thats really a stupid statement - like adolescent level reasoning

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 23:06:
Perhaps you think that an average score on the Apple app store or Amazon is accurate (or reliable) because it is an average? I don't. Perhaps you have a philosophical duck for that?

its called "spin" .. as in how politicians talk

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 3, 2013, 01:52 Ant

Axis wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 12:06:
Lego Wall of Chima?
Man, I thought that said China! Sheesh.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 23:06 Jivaro

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 21:10:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:40:
That score is one of many scores that, over the years, have led me to believe that Metacritic is about as useful as any other online review source.

that seems weird since metacritic is not a review source, but an aggregation of all available reviews, with an average of all the scores

apples and oranges

maybe you are just so different from the average! you are like a maverick that goes his own way, all reviews be damned!

maybe you can expose how useless metacritic is to the rest of the ignorant, unwashed masses!

... talk to me goose

One flaw is no more flawed then a group of flaws, or vice versa....would you not agree? Perhaps you think that an average score on the Apple app store or Amazon is accurate (or reliable) because it is an average? I don't. Perhaps you have a philosophical duck for that?

12. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 21:37 Rhino

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 18:17:
Rhino wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 13:19:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 13:15:
Lego Wall of Chima?

Yeah, it's a bizarre name for sure. What were they thinking?

Looks like it's a full license in the vein of Ninjago, rather than just an individual theme like 'City', 'Space' or 'Kingdoms', that they are working on. A lot more sets than their usual waves of releases, and it looks like not all of them are construction sets. I guess... sort of a Lego Beyblade if that helps as a comparison.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Legends_of_Chima

The sets, a TV series, the three games. Looks like they are banking a lot of this being a big seller. Not my cup of tea; but, then, I'm pretty sure that father in his mid-30's isn't the target market on this one.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I don't mind new Lego IP (somehow I missed this completely) I just think this name is strange. Can't explain why the name Ninjago works for me, but this one rubs me the wrong way, besides being too close to "China" in spelling, I mean (pronunciation is obviously supposed to be CHEE-muh).

I would imagine that they were hoping for something that was somehow awe inspiring, and at the same time familiar to the target audience. Where Ninjago just sort of said "Ninjas... and they go," I believe, with absolutely nothing to back it up besides gut insitnct, that they probably felt that the IP would be embraced with less effort if they tossed in a nifty word in there to give it a cool fantasy factor that would grab fans of similarly fantasy themed properties (off the top of my head: Avatar: The Legend of Korra)

11. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 21:10 Orphic Resonance

Jivaro wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:40:
That score is one of many scores that, over the years, have led me to believe that Metacritic is about as useful as any other online review source.

that seems weird since metacritic is not a review source, but an aggregation of all available reviews, with an average of all the scores

apples and oranges

maybe you are just so different from the average! you are like a maverick that goes his own way, all reviews be damned!

maybe you can expose how useless metacritic is to the rest of the ignorant, unwashed masses!

... talk to me goose

10. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 18:17 jdreyer

Rhino wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 13:19:
Lego Wall of Chima?

Looks like it's a full license in the vein of Ninjago, rather than just an individual theme like 'City', 'Space' or 'Kingdoms', that they are working on. A lot more sets than their usual waves of releases, and it looks like not all of them are construction sets. I guess... sort of a Lego Beyblade if that helps as a comparison.

The sets, a TV series, the three games. Looks like they are banking a lot of this being a big seller. Not my cup of tea; but, then, I'm pretty sure that father in his mid-30's isn't the target market on this one.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I don't mind new Lego IP (somehow I missed this completely) I just think this name is strange. Can't explain why the name Ninjago works for me, but this one rubs me the wrong way, besides being too close to "China" in spelling, I mean (pronunciation is obviously supposed to be CHEE-muh).

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

9. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 17:40 Jivaro

ViRGE wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:12:
is scheduled to be available for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and for the PS®Vita system in summer 2013
Calling it now; the Vita version is going to be a port of the 3DS version. 3DS games do not port well to the Vita, unfortunately. It's not just a matter of failing to tap the hardware's capabilities, but the controls don't map well either. All of the 3DS game ports released so far (admittedly, there are only a few) have been poorly received for that reason.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes

That score is one of many scores that, over the years, have led me to believe that Metacritic is about as useful as any other online review source. As in...not very. I have Lego Batman 2 for the Vita and it is an awesome title. If the Vita had 10000 titles to choose from and 50% of them were considered average or better instead of the anorexic amount of titles it currently has of which maybe 10 are worth playing.....Lego Batman 2 would still be an awesome title. The controls, which you seem to be pointing out to as a problem, work great. I finished the game and never once did I find myself at odds with the control scheme or interface. A game I would look to as having control issues on the Vita would be the FIFA games. In other words, it is my opinion that it is more about the individual developers getting used to a fairly new platform and gamer personal preference, not the porting process specifically.

In addition, I am all thumbs on touchscreens and with gamepads and bitch constantly about being forced to use controls that have button/key mapping limitations (or no mapping option at all). If I was able to play Lego Batman 2 on a Vita without trouble anybody can. Seriously, Stephen Hawking would probably laugh at me trying to use a gamepad. Now, if people just don't like the game as a game...as 81 is the highest score it has on any platform...that is something else all together. I personally don't understand what is not to like. Perhaps people, specifically anybody who isn't say 14 years old or younger, are burned out on the formula Lego is using. Other then voice overs and a psuedo-attempt at an open-world presentation, Lego Batman 2 doesn't really bring anything new to the table. The open-world thing isn't even technically new, they first tried that in the second Indiana Jones game if I remember correctly.

8. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 17:12 ViRGE

is scheduled to be available for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and for the PS®Vita system in summer 2013
Calling it now; the Vita version is going to be a port of the 3DS version. 3DS games do not port well to the Vita, unfortunately. It's not just a matter of failing to tap the hardware's capabilities, but the controls don't map well either. All of the 3DS game ports released so far (admittedly, there are only a few) have been poorly received for that reason.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes

7. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 15:01 The Half Elf

Just one of those series that benefits from a controller.

I just wish they'd put internet co-op back in the series.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 14:21 Cutter

Whilst the LEGO games are fun would it kill them to do a proper PC port with actual mouse control? The control scheme for the PC games so far is just painful.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 14:10 The Half Elf

I just want the Wii U Lego game to come out on real platforms  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 13:19 Rhino

Lego Wall of Chima?

3. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 13:15 jdreyer

Lego Wall of Chima?

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. removed Jan 2, 2013, 12:10 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 2, 2013, 12:27.

1. Re: LEGO: Legends of Chima Announcements Jan 2, 2013, 12:06 Axis

Lego Wall of Chima?  

Yours truly,

Axis

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo