Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul

This GameStop Far Cry 3 Contest is timely, offering a trip to Belize to allow you to get in touch with your inner antivirus developer, though there's no word if the vacation includes a Far Cry 3-style kidnapping. Thanks HARDOCP.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 3, 2013, 01:46 Ant

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 10:07:
I'm really enjoying FC 3, I find it much better than FC 2 which I couldn't stand. Also the graphics & story line are really good. The actors are top notch too.
Is it good as FC1? I never bothered with FC2.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 17:19 Marvin T. Martian

U.S. only contest--so sad  

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 16:22 J

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 15:52:
I NEVER TK'd you in Chivalry. Not by accident, anyways.

And the incident with the car was completely unavoidable.
I, for one, am completely reassured by PHJF's press release. Reassured that having him on my team would redefine the term 'assisted suicide', that is.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 15:52 PHJF

I NEVER TK'd you in Chivalry. Not by accident, anyways.

And the incident with the car was completely unavoidable.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 15:45 Kosumo

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:11:
(don't let PHJF drive in Dead Island, or stand behind you with a pointy weapon in Chivalry)

I have a motion to rename PHJF to "Friendly-Fire PHJF". Do I have a second?

Creston

I would put up my hand to second it but as we all know I losted both of them that time when 'Friendly-Fire' PHJF was brushing his teeth.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 15:13 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:48:
(don't let PHJF drive in Dead Island, or stand behind you with a pointy weapon in Chivalry)

Creston

HE HIT ME IN THE HEAD WITH A FREAKING TRUCK TRYING TO 'SAVE ME' FER CHRIST SAKE! Lady asks for help pulling her husband out of an overturned car, while PHJF went to go get apple juice and fuel. I start opening the door and it triggers some zombies. 'I'll come save you!' says PHJF. Next thing I know my body goes through the car of the guy I'm trying to pull out and I'm dead. I sorta laugh and asked what happened? He's laughing his ass off, saying that the truck jumped over the rock, OVER the car and hit me in the head, I bounced off a rock and through the overturned car's passenger AND driver windows.
At least it finally explains why my character's shadow looks like I'm running like a retard.

Then again he blamed me for bringing down the Runic Torchlight 2 servers last night too

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. oh yeah.... Jan 2, 2013, 14:51 Shataan

"I'm really enjoying FC 3, I find it much better than FC 2 which I couldn't stand. Also the graphics & story line are really good. The actors are top notch too."

I got 50 hours into FC 3, and just started into it for a fresh go. Sweet DX 11 visuals. Awesome weaps modelling. Interesting lanscapes enhanced by the nicely done Wildlife. Amazing motion capture character movements. Wingsuit and hangglider usage a nice touch.

The list of goodies goes on and..... If PC game devs want my dough, they had better start to deliver more along the lines of what FC 3 has.

I am tired of paying 59 bucks for sub 6 hour scripted event stories, with kiddie button mash mechanics. And don`t get me going about how they regurg their old vis engines instead of pushing our hardware better.

As for FC 2, I agree. It just doesn`t hold a candle to FarCry 3. Let alone FC 1.

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 14:48 Creston

Creston

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 14:35 Techie714 ©

Yes they are offering a trip to Belize, but also like the E3 demonstration, when you arrive at the airport you find out your not going to Belize but to a stage set in Tijuana that LOOKS like Belize.

Also was playing Dead Island with PHJF last night and the game looks better (with exception of main character models) then Far Cry 3.

LOL!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 14:25 Cutter

Do they mean 'like a boss?' 'Cause they should just say so...like a boss.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 14:11 The Half Elf

Yes they are offering a trip to Belize, but also like the E3 demonstration, when you arrive at the airport you find out your not going to Belize but to a stage set in Tijuana that LOOKS like Belize.

Also was playing Dead Island with PHJF last night and the game looks better (with exception of main character models) then Far Cry 3.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 13:09 Scud

Quboid wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 12:46:
Being on the run through a jungle and having my pursuers get pounced by a tiger is very satisfying.

I swear, I've been killed by wildlife far more often than by the pirates, so either I'm dealing with ninja tigers or the most inept pirates in the history of piracy.

2. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 12:46 Quboid

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 10:07:
I'm really enjoying FC 3, I find it much better than FC 2 which I couldn't stand. Also the graphics & story line are really good. The actors are top notch too.

It hasn't wowed me quite like FC2 did, which was great despite them making the wrong design decision at every opportunity. I think the African landscape gave it a uniqueness that FC3 lacks, being Just Cause 2 minus the grappling hook. FC3 is objectively better than FC2, but FC2 floated my boat.

FC3's character animations are excellent with very believable faces, and Vass and his sister are interesting, if rather clichéd. Being on the run through a jungle and having my pursuers get pounced by a tiger is very satisfying.

- Quboid

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul Jan 2, 2013, 10:07 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo