Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Age of Empires III: Complete Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Doom Franchise on Steam. Save 50-75%.
  • Far Cry Franchise on Steam. Save 30-75%.
  • Mark of the Ninja on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Mount & Blade Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Napoleon- Total War on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 75%.
  • Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Space Bundle on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:42 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:22:
All of the whining I'm seeing (here and elsewhere) about how this year's Steam sales suck reminds me of the Turkey story in this video.

Who's whining? We're just saying the sale hasn't been anything great this year. There are obviously several titles we all expected to see substantial cuts on and haven't yet. That's just stating a fact. Even GMG and Amazon. Sure a few good ones here and there but overall? Meh.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:22 jimnms

All of the whining I'm seeing (here and elsewhere) about how this year's Steam sales suck reminds me of the Turkey story in this video.  

Steam Profile

19. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:10 Dades

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:07:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:03:
Picked up Farcry 3 finally & I'm really enjoying it with a few mods. Some aspects of the game I hate but most of it is solid. The intro to the game was AMAZING in its story telling.

What mods for Far Cry 3? I'm still trying to dial in the 'sexy to fps' for it.

Turn off SSAO in it. They broke it in one of the patches and the game actually looks better with it disabled now, it also provides a massive FPS boost. GamerProfile.xml in your My Games/Far Cry 3 dir, change SSAO Level to 0. Don't go into the game options in-game or it will automatically turn it back on. That should let you at least get 2x MSAA on too. Their vsync implementation sucks too, turn it off and just force it on in your video card control panel.

18. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:07 The Half Elf

Techie714 wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:03:
Picked up Farcry 3 finally & I'm really enjoying it with a few mods. Some aspects of the game I hate but most of it is solid. The intro to the game was AMAZING in its story telling.

What mods for Far Cry 3? I'm still trying to dial in the 'sexy to fps' for it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:06 micsun

Chivalry is the only thing on the list worth buying. Really extraordinary game. If you like FPS, this is like the next "thing" ever since Doom heh.  

16. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 17:56 Yosemite Sam

I'm liking the sale, as usual. Of course having opted out of the hardware race years ago I'm always digging for old titles I've passed up on over the years. Mirrors edge, Far Cry 2 FE, and Nexus the jupiter incident, all together $10.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

15. Haegemonia Dec 31, 2012, 17:37 jdreyer

On sale over at GOG for $5. Anyone play this? Any good?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 17:33 jdreyer

I was really hoping to see BF2 Complete and UT3 Black go on sale, so I could pick them up for my nephew. So far, neither of them has come down too far, although BF2 is currently half off.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 17:31 ASeven

Do have to agree, this year's Steam sale isn't anything special. Took the opportunity to buy some stuff I haven't in previous sales but other than that there hasn't been any real killer deals, not that we haven't seen before anyway.  

12. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 16:28 Cutter

Yeah, this sale so far has been no great shakes.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 15:54 Caladell

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:42:
Beth owns id now, and they are probably in charge of the pricing.

About the steam repeats, the repeats are mostly the flash and voted deals. I don't think the dailies have repeated themselves.

Dailies haven't repeated, but they show up again as flash sales/community votes. Which I, for one, am grateful for. Missed out on a couple that ended up hitting flash sales later.

10. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 15:42 Dev

Beth owns id now, and they are probably in charge of the pricing.

About the steam repeats, the repeats are mostly the flash and voted deals. I don't think the dailies have repeated themselves.

9. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 15:30 John

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:28
uake is still selling for $9.99, was on sale for $5.99 and then Customer's Choice brought it down to $2.49 or something. A game that's 16 years old can still command a price which matches what a game like Deus Ex 2 sells for while on sale.

Whole lot of nonsense coming from camp id these days. [/quote:

Yeah, I don't get that either. They should be giving that one away!

This space is available for rent

8. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 15:03 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 14:31 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:03:
Even on sale, it's still 15 bucks for the Doom 3 BFG edition? Carmack must be huffing that rocket fuel or something.

PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT. That's what baffles me. The "classic" Doom 3 pack for $3.25 didn't even crack the Top 20 yesterday, while BFG was in the Top 5 at one point.

6. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 14:28 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:03:
Even on sale, it's still 15 bucks for the Doom 3 BFG edition? Carmack must be huffing that rocket fuel or something.

Quake is still selling for $9.99, was on sale for $5.99 and then Customer's Choice brought it down to $2.49 or something. A game that's 16 years old can still command a price which matches what a game like Deus Ex 2 sells for while on sale.

Whole lot of nonsense coming from camp id these days.

5. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 14:03 Creston

And now that it's 5 bucks, there is no reason for ANYONE not to own Deus Ex Human Revolution anymore. None. If by tomorrow you still don't have this game, please disconnect yourself from the internet. 50 million Steam users should own this game by the end of the day.

Creston

4. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 13:55 StaticRandomNumber

Getting tired of these sales too, I love a good offer, and I don't mind paying a premium to get the game when it comes out or pre-release. But these sales now seem to come within less than a month of the original release and then they just keep repeating.

Maybe just a lesson learned for me... wait to buy until 1 month post release, even if the game is worth the $50-60 to me, because I will just end up feeling short changed, even when I can easily afford the game at full price.

3. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 13:23 PHJF

Well I've been patiently waiting for Sacred 2 to drop to $5-7.50

How hard can it be to discount a game from a boarded-up developer???

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 13:17 El Pit

Yay to repeated Steam sale offers! This Steam sale is a bit like a cable channel program where you all so often wonder "Didn't I watch this just a few weeks ago?"  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo