Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Age of Empires III: Complete Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Doom Franchise on Steam. Save 50-75%.
  • Far Cry Franchise on Steam. Save 30-75%.
  • Mark of the Ninja on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Mount & Blade Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Napoleon- Total War on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 75%.
  • Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Space Bundle on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 03:52 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 03:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 03:27:
And yeah, there are other things on sale, but those sales are usually pretty weak. Daily, flash and community vote deals are typically at least 50% off, mostly 75%.
Some non front page things I see off hand in my wishlist for large percent off sales (I put things on my wishlist I have even a tiny remote interest in, for instance if I want to check out reviews of something before getting it):
Mr Robot 75% off
Space Trader 75% off
Nimbus 75% off
Scoregasm 75% off
SOL Exodus 75% off
Jagged Alliance BIA 66% off
Starpoint Gemini 75% off
Fray 75% off
Bards Tale 75% off

I haven't yet looked at things not on my wishlist and not on front page. I'm waiting for last day of sale for that.

I'm pretty lax with my wishlist standards as well (I have over 80 games on it) and in my list, the majority of games are 50% off or below. And that's 50% off a standard price that's usually too high to begin with (why is Sniper Elite v2 still have an MSRP of $50?). If there were no repeats in the daily, flash or community vote sales, there'd be a much greater chance of these games receiving more meaningful discounts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 03:48 Yosemite Sam

Jerykk wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 21:27:
Some games that I'd like to see go featured as a daily or flash sale:

Brothers in Arms franchise

That franchise isnt on the daily or flash deals but it is on sale. Theres a discount for getting all 3 and its 35% on top of that, $13, just over $4 a game. I almost picked up Hells Highway but decided against it.

Wasnt the big thanksgiving sale this year something new? I wondered about why they did that this year as its so close to Xmas. Once or twice a year makes it feel special, but if they are going to do it every couple of months it just doesnt have that feel. Anyway happy new year everybody.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

39. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 03:35 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 03:27:
And yeah, there are other things on sale, but those sales are usually pretty weak. Daily, flash and community vote deals are typically at least 50% off, mostly 75%.
Some non front page things I see off hand in my wishlist for large percent off sales (I put things on my wishlist I have even a tiny remote interest in, for instance if I want to check out reviews of something before getting it):
Mr Robot 75% off
Space Trader 75% off
Nimbus 75% off
Scoregasm 75% off
SOL Exodus 75% off
Jagged Alliance BIA 66% off
Starpoint Gemini 75% off
Fray 75% off
Bards Tale 75% off

I haven't yet looked at things not on my wishlist and not on front page. I'm waiting for last day of sale for that.

38. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 03:27 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 02:46:
I think some of these have been options in the community vote sales but of course, the community always votes for games that have already been on sale multiple times in the past.

Point is, the Steam catalog is pretty huge and there are enough games to offer unique daily and flash sales without any repeats.
All the dailies I've seen so far have been unique in this sale (as in the daily of one day hasn't shown up as a daily in a diff day). The vote ones are basically all bits from the flash ones as far as I can tell. And flash ones DO have some repeats. I think flash ones have been in dailies too.

Also, remember, that there are TONS more non front page things on sale, some pretty good sales too.

I could have sworn that Fable 3, Mark of the Ninja and Doom 3 were in a previous daily. If not, they were definitely a flash deal or community vote deal.

37. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 02:46 Dev

I think some of these have been options in the community vote sales but of course, the community always votes for games that have already been on sale multiple times in the past.

Point is, the Steam catalog is pretty huge and there are enough games to offer unique daily and flash sales without any repeats.
All the dailies I've seen so far have been unique in this sale (as in the daily of one day hasn't shown up as a daily in a diff day). The vote ones are basically all bits from the flash ones as far as I can tell. And flash ones DO have some repeats. I think flash ones have been in dailies too.

Also, remember, that there are TONS more non front page things on sale, some pretty good sales too.

36. Re: Haegemonia Dec 31, 2012, 23:23 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:48:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 17:37:
On sale over at GOG for $5. Anyone play this? Any good?

NO NO NO NO stay away from this, and if you REALLY want it I have a copy here you can have. Granted I never played much of it, but it has a interesting development past.

Can I take you up on that? PM me!

EDIT: I lurv 4X & RTS games.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

35. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 22:36 nin

Lego Lord of the Rings (at amazon for 7.50)

That and scribblenauts for $7.50 each was a hell of a deal. Glad I didn't grab LOTR a month ago for $20+.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 22:32 Creston

Yeah, I've given away three copies of Warlock, two of POP;Sands, eight of Snuggle Truck (teeheee!), and one of something else.

I received Snuggle Truck (WOOT!), the first BL2 DLC, LoTRO War in the North and Dynamite Jack. (Thanks again, all! )

In addition, I bought

AC2
AC Brotherhood
Lego Star Wars
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Harry Potter 5-7
Lego Lord of the Rings (at amazon for 7.50)
Specops : the line

And one more which I can't even remember.

All this in a holiday sale in which I said "Fuck it, I'm not buying anything."

Creston

33. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:27 Jerykk

Really wish there were fewer repeats. How many times can Chivalry, DX:HR, Alan Wake, Terraria, Fable, Orcs Must Die, Mark of the Ninja, etc, go on sale? I'd say at least 95% of the games that went on sale had already been on sale at least once before.

Some games that I'd like to see go featured as a daily or flash sale:

Hunted
Miasmata
Primordia
Don't Starve
Primal Carnage
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Bully
Iron Brigade
Little Inferno
Rise of the Argonauts
Thomas Was Alone
Brothers in Arms franchise
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Dirt 3

Does it work on Bioshock Inf (IE is it a new one)? Their last 30% off code (last week?) didn't.

It doesn't work on any pre-orders that have the cashback deal.

32. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:23 jimnms

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:11:
ALMOST ready to pull the trigger on DSC Warthog, but not sure if I'd invest the time to actually learn the aircraft systems, but watching the Giant Bomb video of the guys just trying to start up the aircraft makes me want it

Realistic military flight sims is what really got me into PC gaming. Falcon 4 was the last one I played, and probably still the greatest one ever made. I enjoyed going through the training learning the systems, etc., and the dynamic campaign of F4 is something that's never been beaten.

For some reason I haven't been into hardcore sims lately. I have Black Shark, but only played it enough to learn to start it up and fly around. I didn't get to learning the navigation and weapon systems. With only single missions and a linear/branching campaign, I just didn't stick with it because it felt like once I finished learning the aircraft there wasn't anything left to do. Maybe I don't have the patience I once had or Falcon 4 spoiled me.

I was tempted to get A-10 during the fall sale, but decided not to. Then it came up as the community choice deal the other day, and I decided to go ahead and get it. I had it in my cart ready to check out, then the Steam store page kept timing out (the community pages worked fine though). I stayed up trying for a while, but finally had to go to bed.

I just took it as a sign that maybe it's time to retire from flight sims, but then it came up during the flash deal last night I went ahead and grabbed it.

Steam Profile

31. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:17 nin

^Drag0n^ wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 21:08:
For those that don't know already: GMG has a 30% off coupon active until Thursday. Any title. Even those on sale (apparently).

^D^

Does it work on Bioshock Inf (IE is it a new one)? Their last 30% off code (last week?) didn't.

30. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:14 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:11:
Hell I lucked out with a few gift cards I had leftover credit for at gamestop and traded in most of my 360 games for Steam credit.

Here's my damage this Sale so far:
Castle Crashers, Deadlight, Far Cry 1 and 2, Lego Batman 2, Lego Harry Potter 1 and 2 (think this is from the GMG sale), Natural Selection 2 (Blue's gift THANK YOU!), Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sleeping Dogs, SimCity 4, Train Simulator 2013 (you really don't get a hell of alot in the base game), Ace of Spades and a few others from the Blues Gifting Crew!

ALMOST ready to pull the trigger on DSC Warthog, but not sure if I'd invest the time to actually learn the aircraft systems, but watching the Giant Bomb video of the guys just trying to start up the aircraft makes me want it

I got:
POP:Sands (gift)
Mark of the Ninja (gift)
Parking Dash (gift)
Skyrim Hearthfire (gift)
Half Minute Hero
Home (gift)
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Don't Starve 2-Pack
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Scribblnauts (amazon - steam code)
Lego LOTR (amazon - steam code)

Gifted:
DX:DR
Psychonauts
Prince of Parsia
Dynamite Jack
Legend of Grimrock x 2
Sims 3
Half Minute Hero
Deadlight
Vessel
Super Meat Boy

I would say the holiday sale was a rousing success!

29. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:08 ^Drag0n^

For those that don't know already: GMG has a 30% off coupon active until Thursday. Any title. Even those on sale (apparently).

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

28. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:05 Cutter

We're talking about some titles that have been out for a while now and still haven't seen the big cuts. For me Anno 2070 would be one. Whereas games like DXHR have been on sale at $5 a few times already. It's just dissapointing, no one is bitching about anything, so analogy rejected.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

27. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 21:04 Ray Marden

On a less negative note, I would argue that there is less of a backlog, or at least relevant material, of games to actually put on sale.

The first year or two, I gobbled up whatever I could. But now? Any big releases I purchased on day one, any second tier releases I waited the 30 days or so to get the 50% discount price, and I really only consider "sale" games in the $10 or less category. In general, these are fairly flawed games or games that, regardless of quality, I have a limited affinity for - there will never be a big "OH MY GOSH!!!" moment with these titles.

I've only spent $50 or so, but I have probably picked up a good 10 or so games.

Enjoying most of the games in small spurts,
Ray If only the wifey would give me back my gamepad...

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

26. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 20:56 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:42:
Who's whining? We're just saying the sale hasn't been anything great this year. There are obviously several titles we all expected to see substantial cuts on and haven't yet. That's just stating a fact. Even GMG and Amazon. Sure a few good ones here and there but overall? Meh.

That's the whole point of the turkey story. The employer gave the employees a turkey one year, and the next year the employees expected to get a turkey. Then the next year the employees were complaining because the turkey wasn't as big as last year.

Let's tell the same story except replace employer with Steam, employees with gamers and turkey with sale and see what happens:

Steam gave the gamers a sale one year, and the next year the gamers expected to get a sale. Then the next year the gamers were complaining because the sale wasn't as big as last year.

Steam Profile

25. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 20:25 Dev

Also, don't forget to check all the non front page sales on steam (preferably on the last day of dailies). There's a lot of good sales that aren't being advertised. I saw a great majority of my 150 wishlist titles on sale to some degree or another.  

24. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 19:11 The Half Elf

Hell I lucked out with a few gift cards I had leftover credit for at gamestop and traded in most of my 360 games for Steam credit.

Here's my damage this Sale so far:
Castle Crashers, Deadlight, Far Cry 1 and 2, Lego Batman 2, Lego Harry Potter 1 and 2 (think this is from the GMG sale), Natural Selection 2 (Blue's gift THANK YOU!), Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sleeping Dogs, SimCity 4, Train Simulator 2013 (you really don't get a hell of alot in the base game), Ace of Spades and a few others from the Blues Gifting Crew!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:49 Dades

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:42:
jimnms wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:22:
All of the whining I'm seeing (here and elsewhere) about how this year's Steam sales suck reminds me of the Turkey story in this video.

Who's whining? We're just saying the sale hasn't been anything great this year. There are obviously several titles we all expected to see substantial cuts on and haven't yet. That's just stating a fact. Even GMG and Amazon. Sure a few good ones here and there but overall? Meh.

Which ones? Pretty much everything I wanted to see on sale got there. Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Hitman, Faster than Light and most of the other new games I saw come out. What games didn't go on sale that people wanted? I'm struggling to think of something new that didn't go on sale at some point.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

22. Re: Haegemonia Dec 31, 2012, 18:48 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 17:37:
On sale over at GOG for $5. Anyone play this? Any good?

NO NO NO NO stay away from this, and if you REALLY want it I have a copy here you can have. Granted I never played much of it, but it has a interesting development past.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo