Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Year's Eve Metaverse

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 20:20 Orphic Resonance

i can almost understand the accumulation and hoarding of virtual goods, IF they were actually worth something, did something, etc...

but MMOs and zynga shit?

such people dwell deep in the kernel of pure sadness

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 18:45 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:01:
These shutdowns might not seem like a big deal to everyone, but they were near cataclysmic for some players who pumped countless hours and dollars into these games. If you’d spent years tending your virtual aquarium only to have it disappear, you can imagine how disappointed or angry you’d be. Comments from gamers on the shutdown notices included things like “my daughter is heartbroken” and “Please don’t remove petville. I been playing for 4 yrs. and I’M going to miss my pet Jaime….why do you want cause depression for me and others. Why do you want to kill my pet?”

Wow, that's just unbelievably pathetic on so many levels.

And wow, 2 BILLION fake views? Yeah, that makes me feel secure about your services Google.

If there was some way to save my Jedi Wookie and his ship and home full of the stuff I collected over the years in Star Wars Galaxies I would have done it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 17:20 Julio

Zynga should shut down too They make EA games look good.  

8. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 16:34 Dades

Another company forces bullshit shutdowns to get people to buy the new version, straight out of the EA playbook.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

7. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 16:03 J

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:43:
Farmville Fallout style.
I feel a song coming on oppa Gangnam style!

6. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 15:39 Dev

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:13:
As for the fake youtube views, I'm sure the fucking RIAA will blame it on the pirates.
Might be a little tough, when most of it was targeting the big music companies, looking like they paid some groups to pump up their views. Plus, youtube removed the actual VIDEOS too, so suddenly a lot of the big name companies are missing a bunch of official music videos from their channels.

5. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 14:13 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:01:
These shutdowns might not seem like a big deal to everyone, but they were near cataclysmic for some players who pumped countless hours and dollars into these games. If you’d spent years tending your virtual aquarium only to have it disappear, you can imagine how disappointed or angry you’d be. Comments from gamers on the shutdown notices included things like “my daughter is heartbroken” and “Please don’t remove petville. I been playing for 4 yrs. and I’M going to miss my pet Jaime….why do you want cause depression for me and others. Why do you want to kill my pet?”

And wow, 2 BILLION fake views? Yeah, that makes me feel secure about your services Google.

I can imagine that kids would be pretty upset to lose Petville. For an adult, yeah, that's pretty sad. Get a real pet. There's about 15 million of them waiting to be adopted right now.

As for the fake youtube views, I'm sure the fucking RIAA will blame it on the pirates.

Creston

4. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 13:19 Orphic Resonance

yeh i dont really feel secure about much of anything these days.. other than death and taxes  

3. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 12:43 Silicon Avatar

I played Farmville long enough to make a desolate field with a wasteland shack in the far corner. Farmville Fallout style. Now that would have been a game.

2. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 12:07 Bill Borre

lol Blue  

1. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 12:01 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo