Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Look at that, another New Year's Eve is upon us! Here's wishing you a good one and hoping however you celebrate turns out to be safe as well as happy. It looks like our chances of remaining safe here have been bolstered by the fates, as our car refused to start over the weekend. The battery was dead, so I jumped it, but the engine cut out when we tried to turn on the lights, so the drained battery seems to be a symptom of a more significant electrical issue. I may pick up a new battery today anyway, but it seems likely we need a repair, which is not likely to happen before Wednesday, so any going out we do between now and then will have to involve cabs and other public transportation.

Links Eve: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Good Daddy.
Georganism 3.
Links: Metacritic's Top Films, Shows, Games of 2012
Stories: New Year Welcomes Oddball State Laws.
Royal Mail just revealed their Doctor Who stamps - all with tardis.
Hundreds of thousands to ring in 2013 in NYC.
Media: Cat + Sneeze = LOLs.
Team BlackSheep XMas Special. Thanks nin.
Star Trek (2009) - Gag Reel (High Definition).
The Funnies: Dilbert.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:29 The Half Elf

Co-Op in SR3 is fairly smooth and straight forward. Play the entire game in Co_op and it's drop in/drop out. I think Batz and I played 80% of the game in co-op.

But it's not about being crazy tonight, it's about being home safe and secure, with an adult beverage or 6, virtual chaos, and other shenanigans!

BTW Happy New Year to everyone, and glad we all made it past the 21st!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 17:53 Cutter

How does the co-op in SR3 work? I was going to a party but I'm just too tired and not in a party mood atm so it'll be low key for me as well including some gaming and mebbe watching a flick.

And I didn't even know they were making an Ender's Game film. That got me excited untill I realized the guy directing it is the guy who did Xmen Wolverine. Oh well, so much for that.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 17:49 The Half Elf

Due to family issues and unable to participate in drinking and assembling bicycles with my brother in law on Xmas Eve (only thing besides being in the delivery room that I have had the joy of experiencing between 2 nephews), tonight I am celebrating at home Half-Elf Style™ (not to be confused with Gundam-whatever Style).
So what does this mean? It means alot of beer and gaming, so if anyone else wants to game in the New Year, I'll be on Steam all night, and if ya want to play anything just let me know! Castle Crashers, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2 (yes Creston I'll game with ya reguardless of lag), Saints Row 3, Chivalry, GTA4 (that'd be fun as a Blues group) Far Cry 3, just about anything with multiplayer and/or Co-Op.

So just send a friend request/message to CptRanger on Steam and we'll Game in the New Year!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 15:30 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:41:
Happy new year everyone Still 3 hours to go here but meh.. it can only get better...

My personal rule is to never drive 12hrs before or 36hrs after new year. ^^

Also I will never understand why people start their fancy rockets and fireworks before midnight. Do they not understand what you celebrate on new year? It's the, gasp, new year. So fireworks before new year.. are like.. totally absurdly wrong ,p

I don't celebrate the new year. I celebrate the nearing end of the old shitty year. The new one hasn't done anything worth celebrating yet.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 15:25 Creston

On a different note: Happy New Year, peeps!

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 15:25 Creston

Interesting ad at the top of the page for me right now.

"Enough is enough! Gun violence is out of control. Demand a plan from President Obama now! Sign the petition. Paid for by Mayors Against Illegal Gun something something."

Oookay. Let's get Obama to fix it. After we've fallen off the Fiscal cliff, he should have plenty of time.

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 14:41 eRe4s3r

Happy new year everyone Still 3 hours to go here but meh.. it can only get better...

My personal rule is to never drive 12hrs before or 36hrs after new year. ^^

Also I will never understand why people start their fancy rockets and fireworks before midnight. Do they not understand what you celebrate on new year? It's the, gasp, new year. So fireworks before new year.. are like.. totally absurdly wrong ,p

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 14:38 nin

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 13:05:
Well 2012 was fairly crappy, but any day above ground I suppose. Here's to higher hopes for 2013 but I won't hold my breath.

12 was better than 11 for me, and I hope 13 is better than 12.

Everyone have a safe time, and look out for drunk assholes!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 14:00 MajorD

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope your 2012 was good; either way, here is wishing you a better year in 2013.

Cheers! Cheers

MD

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 13:55 jdreyer

Looking forward to 2013. There look to be some (potentially) good movies coming down the pike: Man of Steel, Star Trek, Pacific Rim, Ender's Game, Kick Ass 2, Pain & Gain, Elysium, The World's End (Edgar Wright!), and Oblivion. Some of those won't pan out, as this time last year I was looking forward to both The Hobbit and Prometheus, and neither of those turned out as well as they could have (esp Prometheus).

In gaming, there's less I'm looking forward to. 2012 was a fantastic year for gaming, but 2013 seems much less so. The schedule is dominated by sequels, few of which excite me: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Aliens, SimCity, Starcraft 2, Arma 3, GTA5, etc. I am looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and the new Amnesia. The new Carmageddon, Metro: Last Light, and Company of Heroes 2 have potential as well, but that's about it. Here's to hoping some of my kickstarters ship in 2013: Planteary Annihilation and Defense Grid 2.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 13:21 PHJF

Ever the optimist!

Well I saw dota2 came up on sale just now and clicked it and Steam says "you already own this" (though it wasn't in my library) so what the hell, I guess I'll see what all the fuss has been about.

[edit]

OK apparently this is a "spectator only" client. I guess steam isn't wired for "free to play" games that aren't "free to play" (or games that have been in beta since the dawn of time).

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2012, 13:46.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 13:05 Cutter

Well 2012 was fairly crappy, but any day above ground I suppose. Here's to higher hopes for 2013 but I won't hold my breath.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo