Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Look at that, another New Year's Eve is upon us! Here's wishing you a good one and hoping however you celebrate turns out to be safe as well as happy. It looks like our chances of remaining safe here have been bolstered by the fates, as our car refused to start over the weekend. The battery was dead, so I jumped it, but the engine cut out when we tried to turn on the lights, so the drained battery seems to be a symptom of a more significant electrical issue. I may pick up a new battery today anyway, but it seems likely we need a repair, which is not likely to happen before Wednesday, so any going out we do between now and then will have to involve cabs and other public transportation.

Links Eve: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Good Daddy.
Georganism 3.
Links: Metacritic's Top Films, Shows, Games of 2012
Stories: New Year Welcomes Oddball State Laws.
Royal Mail just revealed their Doctor Who stamps - all with tardis.
Hundreds of thousands to ring in 2013 in NYC.
Media: Cat + Sneeze = LOLs.
Team BlackSheep XMas Special. Thanks nin.
Star Trek (2009) - Gag Reel (High Definition).
The Funnies: Dilbert.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 12:24 MajorD

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 04:01:
Thanks for the game tonight, MajorD! So what do you think of borderlands 2 so far? Does your friend post here also?

Thanks for game as well. Well, Borderlands 2 is interesting; never having played either of the Borderlands, and being a total noob at it (as you could tell Wink ), I liked it the more I played it and learned the mechanics, etc. I look forward to more fun...

No, I don't think my friend posts here....

Happy New Year!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 10:17 xXBatmanXx

Rigs wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 02:10:
Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't been around here for a few days...and I bet not one of you noticed!

Anyway, Thank You Blue for gracefully reporting my football score in such a ho-hum, subdued manner. That last week's score was seriously embarrassing... I totally missed this week. We'll see if I can improve my record next week...

Happy New Year to everyone here! I've been awake for 32 hours straight so my happy ass is going to bed! Wake me up Thursday-ish...

=-Rigs-=

Whos is this? heheheheh

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 09:32 El Pit

Happy new year to Blue and all his followers!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 04:01 nin

Thanks for the game tonight, MajorD! So what do you think of borderlands 2 so far? Does your friend post here also?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 02:10 Rigs

Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't been around here for a few days...and I bet not one of you noticed!

Anyway, Thank You Blue for gracefully reporting my football score in such a ho-hum, subdued manner. That last week's score was seriously embarrassing... I totally missed this week. We'll see if I can improve my record next week...

Happy New Year to everyone here! I've been awake for 32 hours straight so my happy ass is going to bed! Wake me up Thursday-ish...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2013, 00:13 Cutter

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

26. Re: Meh for 2012 and future. Dec 31, 2012, 23:58 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 23:48:
Ant wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 22:43:
Meh. Being old sucks!

Bleh. Tell me about it.

Happy New Year everyone. Skull
You too. At least I played Natural Selection 2 last night for about 2.5 hours nonstop! That's rare these days!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Meh for 2012 and future. Dec 31, 2012, 23:48 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 22:43:
Meh. Being old sucks!

Bleh. Tell me about it.

Happy New Year everyone. Skull

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 23:11 sauron

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:25:
On a different note: Happy New Year, peeps!

Creston

Seconded. Happy New Year!

Kittens!

23. Meh for 2012 and future. Dec 31, 2012, 22:43 Ant

Meh. Being old sucks!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 21:08 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:22:
PHJF wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:59:
I raided my brother-in-law's fridge for their Mike's Hard Raspberry over xmas. Beer is so gross, and that stupid GLBC Christmas Ale everybody is guzzling presently is no exception.

My brother in law taught me a few things about beer. 1)Don't drink american beer unless your broke and/or just looking for alcohol. 2)German beer is awesome! 3)He hides his Mike's from me

You mean mainstream slop. There's tons of great America craft and microbrew out there!

“My English is not perfect, but I have to tell you, your beer is like swill to us. Do I have that right? I am saying that only a swine would drink this beer.” – Fritz

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 21:05 nin

Kosumo wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 19:42:
I don't think the Cat in the Cat + Sneeze = LOLs video will be getting many New Years Eve party invites

Lucky it didn't shit on the bar!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 19:42 Kosumo

I don't think the Cat in the Cat + Sneeze = LOLs video will be getting many New Years Eve party invites  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 19:31 fraggerron

the electrical problem sounds like a bad alternator  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 19:22 The Half Elf

PHJF wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:59:
I raided my brother-in-law's fridge for their Mike's Hard Raspberry over xmas. Beer is so gross, and that stupid GLBC Christmas Ale everybody is guzzling presently is no exception.

My brother in law taught me a few things about beer. 1)Don't drink american beer unless your broke and/or just looking for alcohol. 2)German beer is awesome! 3)He hides his Mike's from me

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 19:14 eRe4s3r

By the way, we had a little happening here near the big party with a stand that sold "Obamas honey beer" .. not sure if that was a joke or not, but it tasted absolutely terrible.

Maybe he is better off leading a nation than brewing stuff ;p

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:59 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:57 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:49:
Yea, just got up from a nap, giving my liver the night off - still recoupin from yesterdays game.....

I'll take bats drinks! Wish I had SR3 installed, but I need to try out Absolution.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

Yea, just got up from a nap, giving my liver the night off - still recoupin from yesterdays game.....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:34 eRe4s3r

I think you should consider the new year in a "hope" kind of way. I celebrate hope for a better year, not an old shitty year... why would you celebrate anything about a bad year, even if it's the end... ;p

Still you have a point. ^^

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo