Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

The following is Valve's accounting of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The Walking Dead
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Far Cry 3
  6. Arma II: Combined Operation
  7. THQ Collection
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  9. Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
  10. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 19:36 Eldaron Imotholin

Sad to see all the repeating sales. Hoping for a good Fallout New Vegas sale...!  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 18:56 Kitkoan

As it seems this is the "Game of the Year" versioning of Orcs Must Die, is it worth it?  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 18:41 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:28:
Can someone tell me why Mark of the Ninja gets such fantastic reviews? Sure, I guess it's a good 2D indie game but to say crap like "the benchmark to all future stealth games"!? Really?!? I'd love someone who played it to tell me his thoughts on thegame a little. Thanks in advance!

Also, same goes for Dark Souls. All I remembered reading was it's a crappy port and difficult to an extend it really isn't fun...? Again, can someone who played it enlighten me a little about what the game is about?

PS: I ask this community because review sites are full of crap in general.

Mark of the Ninja is a great stealth game because it solves some of the biggest issues that the genre has always faced. For example, the game's mechanics are all conveyed visually. You can always see your line of sight, enemy vision cones, sound radii, etc, so you never have to guess. This greatly reduces the amount of trial and error that you typically see in stealth games. If you screw up, it's because you were sloppy, not because you didn't understand the game's mechanics. In addition, the levels and mechanics are designed in such a way to allow for multiple playstyles. Want to sneak past everyone without leaving any traces? You can do that. Want to silently murder everyone? You can do that. Want to play mind games and screw with the AI? You can do that. The game rewards each playstyle equally, as opposed to most stealth games where they only reward one specific playstyle.

Lack of clarity and rigid gameplay are the two biggest reasons why people don't like stealth games. Mark of the Ninja solves both.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Awesome Dev, thanks!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:48 born2expire

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:33:
Haven't played the Ninja one, but Dark Souls is SO GOOD. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it, it's just not your usual sunny-rainbow-happy-time modern game that hands everything to you on a silver platter. In that sense, it being more difficult than we're used to is a major reason why it's so fun and interesting.

Is Dark Souls playable with KB+mouse yet? i tried it a launch and it was terrible, i know there is mods to enhance a lot, but has the KB mouse gotten any better?

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:33 jacobvandy

Quinn wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:28:
Can someone tell me why Mark of the Ninja gets such fantastic reviews? Sure, I guess it's a good 2D indie game but to say crap like "the benchmark to all future stealth games"!? Really?!? I'd love someone who played it to tell me his thoughts on thegame a little. Thanks in advance!

Also, same goes for Dark Souls. All I remembered reading was it's a crappy port and difficult to an extend it really isn't fun...? Again, can someone who played it enlighten me a little about what the game is about?

Haven't played the Ninja one, but Dark Souls is SO GOOD. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it, it's just not your usual sunny-rainbow-happy-time modern game that hands everything to you on a silver platter. In that sense, it being more difficult than we're used to is a major reason why it's so fun and interesting.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:29 Bhruic

Dev wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 12:35:
Repost of what I said in yesterdays sale thread:

Green Man Gaming has Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings Expansion Pack (PC Digital Download) for $4.49 - 30% off voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $3.14.
link

Dammit, wanted to pick this up, but GMG isn't processing my Paypal payment for whatever reason.

edit: Well, for another whatever reason, I tried it again and it worked. Thanks for the heads up Dev!

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2012, 16:51.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:28 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 15:27 A51Abductee

Green Man Gaming has Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings Expansion Pack (PC Digital Download) for $4.49 - 30% off voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $3.14.
link
Dangit, I shoulda waited. I paid like $6 or $7 on steam a day or two ago.

Thanks for the tip, Dev, worked perfectly for me. At $3.14 this was just too good to pass up. Looking forward to a few more sleep-deprived nights.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 15:13 Cutter

link

This expansion is a must have. It's what Civ % should have been from the get-go!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 15:04 nin

Whoever wants Far Cry 3 on sale, this is your day!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 14:02 Genesys

I downloaded the free iOS copy of episode 1 of Walking Dead, and although I wouldn't buy the series myself, it's pretty well-done. Sort of a point-and-click game, but no inventory to speak of and no puzzles. Mainly talking to characters (and there are some pretty significant plot changes you can make), investigating the environment, and the occasional QTE zombie killing of course.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 13:51 Acleacius

Guess this is when the real sales start, last 5 days.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 13:28 Dev

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 13:05:
Good to see Dark Souls got some love during the flash sale. Must have sold a lot of copies to make top ten from a flash sale.
Top 10 of the WEEK, and its in total revenue, not just copies. Since it was on sale for $20, that might help explain it.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 13:05 netnerd85

Good to see Dark Souls got some love during the flash sale. Must have sold a lot of copies to make top ten from a flash sale.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 12:35 Dev

link

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo