Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday to Stan Lee, who turned 90 the other day (thanks Ant via Slashdot). I've been carrying on as a true believer and member of the Merry Marvel Marching Society since as long as I can remember, so here's hats off to Stan the man. Excelsior!

R.I.P.: Nobel scientist Rita Levi-Montalcini dies in Rome.

MMMS Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Arranje That Games.
Potty Racers 4.
Stories: 17 Million-Dollar Ideas On Kickstarter. Thanks nin.
Science: First 'Alien Earth' Will Be Found in 2013. Thanks Slashdot.
Retro Arcade Photographs Photos.
Media: Plane crashes near freeway.
Gag Reel - Star Trek "The Next Generation" Season 2.
Cajun Goes Looking For His Owner - (Adorable "Pooch Cam").
Fly & slide squirrel. Rodent superhero.
The Funnies: Ctrl+Alt+Del - Team effort (2012-12-28).
Follow-up: Apple To Change Earth's Geography To Repair Software Glitch.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 09:03 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 17:51:
Hey, what's that song they're playing in Minnesota? Is that the team song? Sounds like a polka.

And regardless how the game turns out I have to doff my cap to AP. That guy is just insanely good!

http://www.vikings.com/fans/skol-vikings.html

Skol Vikings, let's win this game,
Skol Vikings, honor your name,
Go get that first down,
Then get a touchdown.
Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Go Vikings, run up the score,
You'll hear us yell for more. . .
V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol, Vikings, let's go!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 09:02 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 19:49:
Heh, grats to the Vikes. That was an effing good football game regardless. AP man, holy shiznit that guys is effing incredible! All things considered, much as we all want our own teams to win I'm calling the Pats for the Superbowl atm. Honestly, they are just so monstrously good right now it's scary. Over the last several weeks watching them play they're just making all the hard stuff look easy - like, ridiculously so.

*squints.....rubs eyes* wtf.....little cloudy today....

You sir, can eat your HAT!

That was the BEST game I have ever been to. I have been to a LOT of the vikes games, and I don't think there has been a better game in the dome. wow. That last run by AP...if he would have broke that loose, he would have gotten the record. Walsh, rookie of the year. AP MVP.

/the NFL has hated the vikes for years. f those refs. f those refs in their stupid asses.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 19:49 Cutter

Heh, grats to the Vikes. That was an effing good football game regardless. AP man, holy shiznit that guys is effing incredible! All things considered, much as we all want our own teams to win I'm calling the Pats for the Superbowl atm. Honestly, they are just so monstrously good right now it's scary. Over the last several weeks watching them play they're just making all the hard stuff look easy - like, ridiculously so.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 17:51 Cutter

Hey, what's that song they're playing in Minnesota? Is that the team song? Sounds like a polka.

And regardless how the game turns out I have to doff my cap to AP. That guy is just insanely good!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 16:54 Cutter

Forgot to mention I checked out one of those Tesla cars today - not buying one - but they are effing cool! The whole middle panel is a huge LED touch screen you control all the stuff in the car with. Super cool! If I had 70k+ I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Good looking car too, like a cross between a Maserti and Aston Martin. The guy said they're doing good sales on them too.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 16:38 Quboid

Genesys wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 15:58:
Parenthesis. Brackets have square corners, just like the real-world things you use to attach shelves to walls :)    <- There. I closed your paren for you.    Now we can only talk about Stan Lee's birthday, though...

I'm British, bracket is the right word. I appreciate your effort but it's not really the same, especially in a smiley. Everything is still bracketted to me, and will be until either Blue fixes this, or I happen upon an unmatched closing bracket. Woe is me. (Edit: Yay, thank you Blue!)

Happy birthday Mr. Lee, from the one person on Bluesnews who knows nothing about your work.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 08:35.

- Quboid

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 15:58 Genesys

Parenthesis. Brackets have square corners, just like the real-world things you use to attach shelves to walls :)    <- There. I closed your paren for you.    Now we can only talk about Stan Lee's birthday, though...  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 15:23 Quboid

Argh! Close the bracket! Please!  

- Quboid

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 15:17 Cutter

Bats, I love you man but you really need to lay off the drugs. You know, and I know, and everyone knows that Pack is going to CRUSH the Vikings today. CRUSH them!!!

And while I'm grateful to Stan Lee for all the things that Marvel has brought us I wish the guy would check his fucking ego and stop showing up in every cartoon and film there is. Granted at 90 that's unlikely to happen much more. And goddamit would kill Marvel to make a new Punisher film with Thomas Jane and I want see to see a feature length film or cartoon with Namor. And the Vision better be in the next Avengers because he was always my favorite!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 13:16 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 13:10:
FOOOOTTTBAAAAHHHHHH!

VIKINGS (we will not only beat the Crap Pack but AP will set the all time rush record for the season the spread is only 3.5 for GB I will update you from my seats. ;P), Bills, Saints, TB (no one is playing on ATL are they?), Bengals, Steelers, Texans, Texans, Giants, da Bears, Pats, Bolts, Broncos, Niners, Hawks, and a game that doesn't matter Cowgirls.

Big day for a lot of teams....

I don't know if the Texans will be allowed to win the Titans/Jags game.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 13:10 xXBatmanXx

FOOOOTTTBAAAAHHHHHH!

VIKINGS (we will not only beat the Crap Pack but AP will set the all time rush record for the season the spread is only 3.5 for GB I will update you from my seats. ;P), Bills, Saints, TB (no one is playing on ATL are they?), Bengals, Steelers, Texans, Texans, Giants, da Bears, Pats, Bolts, Broncos, Niners, Hawks, and a game that doesn't matter Cowgirls.

Big day for a lot of teams....

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 12:46 TangoBaker

No prizes for everybody! Fortunately, I have plenty since I acquired an imaginary warehouse filled with unawarded no prizes back in the 80's.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo