Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Assassin's Creed Franchise on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Assorted Indie Adventures on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.
  • Bioshock Franchise Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Elder Scrolls Franchise on Steam. Save 50-75%.
  • Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Grand Theft Auto Franchise on Steam.
  • Just Cause 2 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Left 4 Dead Bundle on Steam. Save 75%.
  • LIMBO on Steam. Save 75%.
  • PAYDAY The Heist on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Witcher Franchise on Steam. Save 75%.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 08:51 John

Techie714 wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 16:51:
Nvidia 580 1.2GB
Should last me a few years
Most of your build should last years, but you may want to upgrade that video card in a year or 2.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 12:30 Dev

Green Man Gaming has Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings Expansion Pack (PC Digital Download) for $4.49 - 30% off voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $3.14.
link
Dangit, I shoulda waited. I paid like $6 or $7 on steam a day or two ago.

Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 11:25:
Bruno Ferreira wrote a controversial headline and failed to match the article's content to it.
I think you meant to comment in the Op Ed thread

Also, while its not without problems, steam is a large factor in starting the indie game resurgence, as well as helping ensure that we get at least ports for many console games.

8. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 11:25 Optional Nickname!

Bruno Ferreira wrote a controversial headline and failed to match the article's content to it.

His sophomoric assertions about PC hardware are incorrect, commonly available affordable PC hardware is more than capable of performing superbly with today's and yesterday's PC gaming software.

The problem with PC gaming is entirely, completely, and fully contained in the PC 'games' themselves. Software is the problem.

From always on DRM, to always on single-player games. From barely interactive cut-scene laden and quick-time embedded disposable 'AAA' snore-fests to tacky and frivolous 'casual' games festooned with 'ethical-microtransactions'.

Luckily there is an entire industries' catalog worth of player-centric PC games ready for you to explore; affordable and with your current hardware. Your PC can play Crysis.

Blame the PC gaming 'press' for refusing to focus on the issues, blame the near infinite presence of Steam shills, infecting nearly every thread on PC gaming, blame the influence of Hollywood demanding unreasonable returns on dubious pc gaming 'investments' and blame yourself for giving those vampires your money and attention.

GOG, indie games, Kickstarter, Linux (shudder!), Wine, Revisiting old titles, free-to-create game engine SDKs. These are what will advance PC gaming, not giving resources to those who want to deny you your hobby.

7. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 10:08 nin

JayDeath wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 08:33:
It might be over now but I got borderlands 2 for $21 @ greenmangaming. I love this site. It reminds me of gogamer.com

The first bl was kinda meh for me. I can't get over how much better bl2 is to the original game. I can't put my finger on it but it is sooo much better and I am loving it! I think it's what Rage should have been.

I could never get through the original, but loved the sequel, also. Better writing, a more colorful environment, and more than 3-4 different enemies all added up to an improvement.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 08:33 JayDeath

It might be over now but I got borderlands 2 for $21 @ greenmangaming. I love this site. It reminds me of gogamer.com

The first bl was kinda meh for me. I can't get over how much better bl2 is to the original game. I can't put my finger on it but it is sooo much better and I am loving it! I think it's what Rage should have been.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

5. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2012, 00:30 PropheT

That THQ pack for sale on Steam is just a stupidly good deal.

Dawn of War 2 and expansions, Company of Heroes and expansion, Darksiders 1 and 2, Metro 2033, Homefront, Space Marine, Red Faction 1,2, and Armageddon, Supreme Commander and expansion, Titan Quest and expansion, and a few others... for 24.99. Darksiders 2 is 19.99 by itself, for 24.99 you get just a ton of decent stuff to play.

4. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2012, 19:06 Techie714

Jerykk wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 18:29:
Your 580 has 1.2 gigs of VRAM..?

*Mistype 1536MB Vram

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2012, 18:29 Jerykk

Your 580 has 1.2 gigs of VRAM..?  

2. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2012, 17:34 Dev

Reminder, most things on GMG are on sale with this code:
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Speaking of SSDs:
Amazon had 256GB Crucial M4 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD (CT256M4SSD2) for $159.99 with free shipping.

A couple days ago. Its gone back up though. Pays to keep an eye on Slickdeals.net though if you are shopping for SSD.

1. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2012, 16:51 Techie714

Still waiting for a deal on Farcry 3

Side Note: Just finished installing a new 256GB SSD in my rig...O...M..G... It's FAST!!!

Core i7 (3.5Ghz)
16GB Triple Channel RAM
256GB SSD (OCZ)
640GB WD Black (For games)
Nvidia 580 1.2GB
Should last me a few years

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/