Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Here's a new trailer highlighting the story in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Unsure if this will be a romantic comedy or a period drama? This clip will help sort things out.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 14:09 Cutter

Jedi Master wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:47:
I guess you forgot the Queen? The first film had the facehugger, chestburster, and drone. Aliens introduced the Queen. Alien 3 introduced the runner. Alien Resurrection introduced the bizarre hybrid. Prometheus introduced a few things including the Deacon.

It's a tradition to have something new in each outing. I don't begrudge them doing it as long as it's done well.

I don't know why they would be considered hybrids. Their entire way they reproduce is to latch onto any life form and use its genetic material to produce offspring for the hive. It's the best strategy going rather than having to be selective in choosing what sort of creature to use as a host.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Lambert: You admire it.

Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 13:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:17:
I have high hopes for it, but only because Borderlands 2 proved they had learned their lesson on the PC as far as interface and graphics options. That and they have some of the best drop in drop out gameplay on Steamworks with BL2 and are supposedly sticking with that system for this Aliens game. I'm ready to go bug hunting for sure.

...are you being sarcastic? The Borderlands 2 PC interface was STILL horrible. Not quite as bad as BL1, but close. It was basically the console interface ported over. Last I checked it still has bugs if you scroll fast through the inventory. Are you playing with a gamepad or something?

On top of that the multiplayer was buggy for quite some time after release in BL2, it's somewhat tolerable now, but they still had the port issue right after release.

More on topic: This game looks like it would have been great, if they hadn't gone with off canon aliens, and a 4 player limit. Oh well. Bargain bin at best.

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 13:47 Jedi Master

I guess you forgot the Queen? The first film had the facehugger, chestburster, and drone. Aliens introduced the Queen. Alien 3 introduced the runner. Alien Resurrection introduced the bizarre hybrid. Prometheus introduced a few things including the Deacon.

It's a tradition to have something new in each outing. I don't begrudge them doing it as long as it's done well.

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 13:17 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:06:
I wish Frosty was in this. Frosty was the best! I hope the PC graphics are considerably better and it's not just some half-assed console port or it's no sale. The Alien does look sweet though. I effing love them to death! Just the coolest, bad-assiest, meanest mofoiest designed alien ever!

I have high hopes for it, but only because Borderlands 2 proved they had learned their lesson on the PC as far as interface and graphics options. That and they have some of the best drop in drop out gameplay on Steamworks with BL2 and are supposedly sticking with that system for this Aliens game. I'm ready to go bug hunting for sure.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 13:06 Cutter

I wish Frosty was in this. Frosty was the best! I hope the PC graphics are considerably better and it's not just some half-assed console port or it's no sale. The Alien does look sweet though. I effing love them to death! Just the coolest, bad-assiest, meanest mofoiest designed alien ever!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 12:40 Wallshadows

I'm not sure what I make towards the story. Either it's going to showcase the downfall of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation and blow open their secret weapons division research program or Gearbox just did a facelift of the Aliens plot and substituted dead colony families with Marines.

I can type out my reasoning behind those two points, but I've been trying to word it how I want without much success for the past hour or so, so I won't.

Either way, I'll just buy it and hope it's not any worse than AvP.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 12:28 Techie714

WOW! The Aliens really do look great. I will watch Aliens & then go play this..lol.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 11:35 nin

The idea of "lets create variant aliens" has kind of turned me off. Granted, it's been done elsewhere (the AvPs, action figures, etc), but not in the movie Aliens, which this ties into.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 11:31 Shataan

Wow. The Aliens look amazingly done. They make everything else here look low rez and washed out. The Artists who did the Aliens at least are on their game.  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo