Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With Thursday Night Football done for the season, NFL picks can wait for Friday through the playoffs. We mostly did pretty well last week: Creston 13-3, Cutter and Blue 12-4, Batman, Mag, and Jivaro 11-5, Verno 9-7, and Rigs 6-10.

Here goes for his week: Falcons, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Bears, Titans, Giants, Saints, Colts, Vikings, Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, 49ers, and Redskins.

R.I.P.: Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, 'Desert Storm' commander, dies. Thanks brother19.

Picked Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Electric Joint.
Stories: New Survey Finds 75 Percent of Americans Plan to Stay Home This New Year’s Eve.
Media: BEST NEWS BLOOPERS 2012. NSFW. Thanks nin.
Harder Better Faster Stronger ...Miner(craft).
Vijay Singh- Off the water and in the hole. Thanks reddit.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 23:35 Cutter

Sepharo wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:45:
Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:23:
Carrying on with my cheese dishes this week. Tonight I made Tartiflette. Super nummy!

I think you can get a bowl of that at Taco Bell. Bacon, cheese, and potatoes right?

Heh, Lardon is not the same thing as bacon - it's uncured - and there's really no equivalent to Reblochon. It has a very distinct flavour. And there's the cooking it in white wine. So yes, it's Taco Bell gone uptown.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 22:36 Creston

Stop picking on dubstep. It solves everything!

Creston

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 21:45 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:23:
Carrying on with my cheese dishes this week. Tonight I made Tartiflette. Super nummy!

I think you can get a bowl of that at Taco Bell. Bacon, cheese, and potatoes right?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 21:23 Cutter

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 21:19 Yosemite Sam

jimnms wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:33:
XCOM is $17.50 on GMG today. It's 50% off and stacks with the 30% off coupon (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831).

I'm still on the fence about it though. I still hear it's quite buggy and there haven't been any patches for it. I watched some let's play videos on YouTube back after its release, and it looks repetitive and might get bored with it after a while.

I got XCOM for XMAS and Im having a blast. Has me staying up way past bedtime, havent played a game like that in ages... well a new game anyway.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 20:34 mag

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 20:23:
Still better than dubstep.

I saw that yesterday. Kid's skilled. Has talent and an ear for it. "Still better than dubstep" and "He’s ready for a life beating buckets for change on street corners" are so condescending. :/

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 20:23 Wallshadows

Still better than dubstep.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 16:57 John

jimnms wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:33:
XCOM is $17.50 on GMG today. It's 50% off and stacks with the 30% off coupon (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831).
Thanks for the heads-up! I might just get it at that price.

This space is available for rent

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 16:49 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 10:42:
YES! TRIUMPH!!!! ahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHhAHAHAAHAHAAHAA!!!

Ahem.

Picks! : Falcons, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Titans, Texans, Saints, Giants, Steelers, Chargers, 49'ers, Seahawks, Vikings, Patriots, Broncos, Redskins.

Creston

I think I am just going to pick the same as Creston for this last week.

Just kidding,

Atlanta, NYJ, Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, New Orleans, NYG, Pitt, Tenn, Denver, Green Bay, New England, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, Washington

9. Re: Best News Bloopers 2012 Dec 28, 2012, 16:41 1badmf

nin wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 14:22:
Killer Kane wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 14:14:
Can someone explain what she is doing at the 6:28 mark. I know it's a mic pack...but I'm sticking with my first impression!

Was that the woman that appeared to be wearing a strap on?

edit: Why yes, yes it was.

womant to cameraman: what are you doing?!?!
cameraman to woman: i think the internet would rather know what are YOU doing?!?!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 15:14 mag

Good riddance, TNF.

Ugh, the last week is always so damn hard. I'm too lazy to research the playoff picture to see what everyone is playing for, so we're just going to flail wildly.

Falcons, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Bears, Titans, Giants, Saints, Colts, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, 49ers, ...Redskins?

7. Re: Best News Bloopers 2012 Dec 28, 2012, 14:22 nin

Killer Kane wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 14:14:
Can someone explain what she is doing at the 6:28 mark. I know it's a mic pack...but I'm sticking with my first impression!

Was that the woman that appeared to be wearing a strap on?

edit: Why yes, yes it was.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Best News Bloopers 2012 Dec 28, 2012, 14:14 Killer Kane

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 14:06 Creston

I can't argue about whether you'd get bored with the repetitiveness, though I'd say that that holds for all games. You're always doing the same things. The combat in Xcom is awesome, and imo varied enough to keep someone entertained for dozens of hours. The strategy portion, on the other hand, is fairly mediocre and even frustrating.

But buggy it isn't. I once had to restart a mission (the final one) because I did something that obviously broke the script that would allow me to go on. other than that, I've never had a single issue with it.

Xcom is a genuine GOTY candidate and for 17.50 it's an absolutely ridiculous steal.

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 14:03 Cutter

Those losses I incurred last week were not supposed to happen!!!

Hey ho! Let's go!

Jets, Saints, Falcons, Lions, Giants, Jaguars, Colts, Browns, Ravens, 49ers, Chargers, Broncos, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Redskins.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 13:33 jimnms

I'm still on the fence about it though. I still hear it's quite buggy and there haven't been any patches for it. I watched some let's play videos on YouTube back after its release, and it looks repetitive and might get bored with it after a while.

Steam Profile

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 10:54 Verno

Merry hoho everyone, my picks:

Falcons, Jets, Bengles, Steelers, Bears, Titans, Saints, Giants, Texans, Broncos, Chargers, Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 10:42 Creston

YES! TRIUMPH!!!! ahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHhAHAHAAHAHAAHAA!!!

Ahem.

Picks! : Falcons, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Titans, Texans, Saints, Giants, Steelers, Chargers, 49'ers, Seahawks, Vikings, Patriots, Broncos, Redskins.

Creston

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo