Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The storm that hit yesterday wasn't as bad here as elsewhere, just some rain and snow, though there are reports of deaths associated with this, so we were obviously lucky, and our thoughts are with those less fortunate. Today is the third day of Christmas, which will explain things if your true love just gifted you with three French hens, two turtle doves and a, well you know. It also seems exceedingly quiet for game news, so while I was planning on doing another full roundup at the end of the day, there may not be much happening, so we'll just play it by ear. It seems likely things may not pick up again until after the new year. We shall see.

R.I.P.: Gerry Anderson, Thunderbirds creator, dies.

Three French Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Uphill Rush 5.
Scribbles.
Science: Scientists to Seek Clues in Genome of Gunman in Newtown, Conn. Thanks j.c.f.
Link between pot, psychosis goes both ways in kids. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: James Bond 007: Movie Deathmatch. Thanks nin.
Least Viral Videos of 2012.
The Black Hole. Thanks The Flying Penguin.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 23:21 Creston

jimnms wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 10:08:
Anyone notice that 617MB update for Fallout New Vegas?

Mine showed 9.2GB, but paused itself after 350MB. When I clicked resume, it immediately jumped to finished. A lot of people on the forums said the same thing happened to them.

I compared the "updated" FNV dir to the one on my backup drive, and it looks like it just re-downloaded the DLC files. They were exactly the same, except the time stamp was newer.

Fucking fantastic. Nothing like making people on caps (or slow ass connections) just redownload nearly a gig of data for no fucking reason! WOO!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 13:26 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 10:08:

Mine showed 9.2GB, but paused itself after 350MB. When I clicked resume, it immediately jumped to finished. A lot of people on the forums said the same thing happened to them.

I compared the "updated" FNV dir to the one on my backup drive, and it looks like it just re-downloaded the DLC files. They were exactly the same, except the time stamp was newer.

MeanJim on Steam

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 12:23 jdreyer

sauron wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 11:50:
Good ideas! I love Albarino as well and it goes great with Manchego cheese. And that salad looks delicious. Thanks!

Who knew Sauron was such a gourmand? I assumed he fed exclusively on the souls of men and elves.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 11:50 sauron

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 23:59:
sauron wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 21:33:
Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 17:07:
Ahh yes, Xmas the one time of year that allows me to nourish the gourmand in me. Currently on my plate, muslix crackers, a pear and roasted garlic chutney, Camenbert, Grueye, St. Paulin, Manchego, Mimolette (damn it's pricey), Fontina, some fresh pear, apple and melon, Ardennes pate, and un bouteille du vin du Savoie. I'm a pretty effin happy camper atm.

Yummy yum yum. That sounds delicious.

Gonna do some french bread, manchego and jarlsberg tomorrow for our guests, with smoked salmon and a salad. A muscadet and maybe cocktails to drink.

Not pretentious - can get that stuff anywhere. And not expensive - the wine is 10 dollars a bottle, tops, while the salmon (Acme brand, Brooklyn) is $12 and feeds the whole family. And boy does it taste good. ^^

Heh, I forgot that I had some Jarlsberg too! It's always been one of my faves. Pre-food cocktail suggestion: Satan's Whiskers. Wine suggestion: Albarino. It'll go well with all three. Better than Muscadet which is quite a bit more oily - and I'm a man who loves his Loire whites!

And to tie it all together?!?! Endive and Frisee Salad with Blood Orange. They'll go haywire over how perfectly it all comes together!

Good ideas! I love Albarino as well and it goes great with Manchego cheese. And that salad looks delicious. Thanks!

Kittens!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 10:08 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 23:59 Cutter

sauron wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 21:33:
Ahh yes, Xmas the one time of year that allows me to nourish the gourmand in me. Currently on my plate, muslix crackers, a pear and roasted garlic chutney, Camenbert, Grueye, St. Paulin, Manchego, Mimolette (damn it's pricey), Fontina, some fresh pear, apple and melon, Ardennes pate, and un bouteille du vin du Savoie. I'm a pretty effin happy camper atm.

Gonna do some french bread, manchego and jarlsberg tomorrow for our guests, with smoked salmon and a salad. A muscadet and maybe cocktails to drink.

Not pretentious - can get that stuff anywhere. And not expensive - the wine is 10 dollars a bottle, tops, while the salmon (Acme brand, Brooklyn) is $12 and feeds the whole family. And boy does it taste good. ^^

Heh, I forgot that I had some Jarlsberg too! It's always been one of my faves. Pre-food cocktail suggestion: Satan's Whiskers. Wine suggestion: Albarino. It'll go well with all three. Better than Muscadet which is quite a bit more oily - and I'm a man who loves his Loire whites!

And to tie it all together?!?! Endive and Frisee Salad with Blood Orange. They'll go haywire over how perfectly it all comes together!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 22:50 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 15:05:
so cal isn't so great at the moment. i think it's rained at least once a week for the past two months, avg high of 60 over that time. tonight i'ts gonna dip into the 30s. i know i know, all of you have it way worse, but it's by no means the paradise you remember atm.

Dry heat, no humidity, can go visit any sort of enviroment in the US within a few hours drive. REAL mexican food, and hell I can survive just fine in 60 degree's all the time.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: FTL $5 on Steam Dec 27, 2012, 22:37 nin

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 22:31:
I've been waiting for it to drop to this price.

Between weeding down my wish list, folks gifting, and buying myself, I've scored pretty big this sale!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. FTL $5 on Steam Dec 27, 2012, 22:31 jdreyer

I've been waiting for it to drop to this price.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 22:30 jdreyer

Christmas dinner was cheese fondue with an app of baby brie and water crackers. We dipped everything from french bread to sauteed mushrooms to pears. Wish I could eat that way more often.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 21:33 sauron

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2012, 21:39.

Kittens!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 19:15 Jivaro

Football results from last week?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 18:37 1badmf

huh, never thought you could squeeze that much french pretentiousness onto one plate. learn something new everyday =D

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 17:07 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 15:23 Mr. Tact

* my bad  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 15:05 1badmf

so cal isn't so great at the moment. i think it's rained at least once a week for the past two months, avg high of 60 over that time. tonight i'ts gonna dip into the 30s. i know i know, all of you have it way worse, but it's by no means the paradise you remember atm.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 14:01 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 10:54:
Wish you moved to California?

Wish I never moved from California.

I miss the Thunderbirds (and actually enjoyed the Bill Paxton movie), but when I created my character in The Secret World, he looked just like a Thunderbirds puppet. Very eerie.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 13:55 ASeven

Ah damn. RIP Mr Anderson, thanks for the good times with your many shows.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 13:39 jimnms

You can grab BL2 season pass on GMG for $10.50 today. It's 50% off and stacks with the 30% off coupon. BL2 itself is also 50% off and stacks with the 30% coupon.

Edit: Coupon if you don't know it
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2012, 13:36 jimnms

I'll have to wait a couple of years to pick my 2012 game of the year since I'm still playing games I bought in 2010.  

MeanJim on Steam

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo