Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Call of Duty Franchise on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Company of Heroes on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Endless Space on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Mass Effect Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Of Orcs And Men on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Paradox Titles on Gamefly. Save up to 50%.
  • Sonic Franchise on Steam. Save 77%.
  • Telltale Adventures on GOG.com. Save 80%.
  • THQ Holiday Present on Amazon. Save up to 92%.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 75%.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 19:18 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 16:12:
I picked up Endless Space, not sure if I'm gonna dig it or not, I like my tutorials to be more of the 'in game voice over hand holding' then videos for this sorta game.

Really wish the Lego games had internet co-op like the first few.

If anyone wants to buy me a 50 foot HDMI cable so I can hook Steam up to the HD TV let me know

They are actually pretty cheap.
http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2433

Not bad, sub 100. I buy all my stuff from them - they are local to me. But I know these types of shops are everywhere. Don't buy stuff from ANY store.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 18:54 Slashman

Someone gift me Evochron Mercenary!! It only got down to 40% off

To folks who are on the fence about it, Endless Space has had a lot of improvements since release. Including AI upgrades...so it is worth a look at $10.

20. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 18:34 jacobvandy

I saw that with Activision and their Call of Duty "sale" yesterday... Since when does the original COD still cost $20 normally, I.e. same as Modern Warfare? Phantom price increase so they can still charge $10 when calling it 50% off.  

19. Re: spiderman Dec 25, 2012, 18:09 Dev

Saboth wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 17:57:
nin wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:00:
Looks like amazon has XCOM (steam key) for $24.99 today, among other deals.

Seems like Amazon's deals are stomping all over Steam's. Dark Souls is a Flash deal at $19.99 right now, but I picked it up on Amazon for $14.99 yesterday. Most of the Steam deals have been in the 25-50% range, and the older games have been 75% at best. What happened to the 75-90% deals?
Publishers dictate pricing on steam. Also, in many cases the normal non sale prices have been reduced. So instead of saying 90% off of $60, they say 75% off of $25.
Perhaps they should go the best buy route of raising prices before a sale so the percentage off is inflated

But yeah, I agree that I've seen some better deals in past holiday sales. Plus I miss the events. My guess is that it was an idea that sounded great in a brainstorming session at valve, but after they did them a couple times they realized how much work it was to do it, so it wasn't fun and interesting to them anymore. Plus all the exploiters who were buying many thousands of humble bundles at 1 penny to get all the entries to win free games on steam, kinda killed that idea.

And I'm not sure how amazon is doing that. My guess is that whatever the wholesale price is, they are doing it at close to cost or under cost, just like GMG is, to get market share. Even if that marketshare is to be a steam reseller.

But it pays to check for game sales at a few places before just straight buying it on steam.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2012, 18:23.

18. Re: spiderman Dec 25, 2012, 17:57 Saboth

nin wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:00:

Seems like Amazon's deals are stomping all over Steam's. Dark Souls is a Flash deal at $19.99 right now, but I picked it up on Amazon for $14.99 yesterday. Most of the Steam deals have been in the 25-50% range, and the older games have been 75% at best. What happened to the 75-90% deals?

17. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 17:08 Dev

El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 17:07:
Thx, Dev!
No problemo.

And thanks for the Christmas gift!

Oh and before I forget, Merry Christmas to all!

16. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 17:07 El Pit

Thx, Dev!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

15. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:51 Dev

El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 16:50:
Hi Dev,

can you help me out over at Steam? You got mail.
Here's what I put in the other thread (contact me on steam msg, I don't see the mail yet):
El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 16:36:
Dev wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:03:
Are you talking from amazon? From GMG? A steam gift? Or?

If you paypal me enough to cover the game and the paypal fee, I can probably get you what you need. I have no idea if the game will end up being the version you need, but I'm in the US if that helps.

Dev, I'm talking about the Steam sale. Are you in the Steam Blue's News Group?
Yep!
I'll go run snuggle truck and idle in it, so you can know who I am in that group

I've got a party to go to in a couple hours so don't take too long (I'll be on again probably in about 8 or 10 hours from now)

I've done group buys with Prez and Bats among others (both where I paid them for a game, and ones where I bought a group package and they paid me) if you need any references.

14. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:50 El Pit

Hi Dev,

can you help me out over at Steam? You got mail.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

13. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:46 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 16:12:
If anyone wants to buy me a 50 foot HDMI cable so I can hook Steam up to the HD TV let me know
You know those are only about $15 right?
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-50-FT-15/dp/B000QKKAPE

I suggest measuring first to make sure 50' is enough.
Cutter wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:34:
I just snagged Lego LOTR and Lego Batman 2 from Amazon for $7.50 each and they're Steam games.
Yep! I got Lego LOTR from them too, and a couple months ago I got package from amazon that had lego batman games and lego harry potter games. I really wanted to get a bundle that had all the lego games, but I think they are diff publishers, so that won't happen. I started getting them piecemeal while on sale.

Amazon has started making it easier to tell if its a steam game or not.
For most games, up at the top near where it says the rating it will say "DRM: Steam"

There's a few that don't, but usually if you CTRL F for the word STEAM at least one person will say in the review if its steam or not. And of course if its a game you know is steamworks (like Civ 5) you know its steam regardless of where you get it.

12. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:12 The Half Elf

I picked up Endless Space, not sure if I'm gonna dig it or not, I like my tutorials to be more of the 'in game voice over hand holding' then videos for this sorta game.

Really wish the Lego games had internet co-op like the first few.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 15:34 Cutter

I just snagged Lego LOTR and Lego Batman 2 from Amazon for $7.50 each and they're Steam games. Looks like GMG sale starting tomorrow too if you look at their blog.

I wish Orcs would come down to $10 already. I want it, but not for more than that.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: spiderman Dec 25, 2012, 15:00 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. spiderman Dec 25, 2012, 14:32 jdreyer

Is it any good? Just went on sale.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 14:30 Creston

Hmm, bad AI. I think I'll replay Galciv II instead then...

Creston

7. Endless Space Dec 25, 2012, 14:24 jdreyer

I've been waiting for this to go on sale. Gamers with jobs guys raved about it.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 14:23 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:19:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:09:
I'm having an absolute BLAST in "Sleeping Dogs". I had no idea that game was going to be so awesome. I hope they make another one.

Glad you are enjoying - maybe I will plug in a diff keyboard today and try it. Mine makes the menu scroll endlessly. So lame.

SD (along with Dishonored) was another great sleeper hit that a lot of folks missed this year.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 14:19 xXBatmanXx

Techie714 wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:09:
I'm having an absolute BLAST in "Sleeping Dogs". I had no idea that game was going to be so awesome. I hope they make another one.

Glad you are enjoying - maybe I will plug in a diff keyboard today and try it. Mine makes the menu scroll endlessly. So lame.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 14:16 Creston

JaguarUSF wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:09:
Creston wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:00:
Anyone know what Endless Space is? Is it 4X? Is it an RTS? The store page itself tells me absolutely nothing.

How about almost an hour of gameplay video with commentary? In short, it's a streamlined 4X game with non-interactive battles and a slick interface.

Thanks man, watching it now.

Creston

3. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 14:09 JaguarUSF

Creston wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 14:00:
Anyone know what Endless Space is? Is it 4X? Is it an RTS? The store page itself tells me absolutely nothing.

How about almost an hour of gameplay video with commentary? In short, it's a streamlined 4X game with non-interactive battles and a slick interface.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo