Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Trailer

A new Spanish trailer (NSFW) is available to show off gameplay from Crysis 3, Crytek's upcoming shooter sequel (thanks NowGamer). Though the PEGI text and voiceover are in Spanish, all the in-game voices are English (though a Cockney translator may be necessary). The clip shows off stealthy approach to a mission (considering it involves a machine gun) in the jungle formerly known as New York City.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 13:05 Linksil

I think they're shoehorned(is that the right term?) into the gameplay. Kinda like they wanted to do a trilogy, but once you've done the first two you really don't want to change anything just finish it and move on.

I'd love the idea of a dino romp or hunting game in the engine, seems like there is a lot more you can do with the engine just gotta go outside the box.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 12:27 Creston

I really enjoyed Crysis 2, but this literally seems like the same game except for the bow.

I think I'll wait for it to hit 20 bucks on Amazon.

Also, how in the world does Cell still continue to oppose Prophet? "Well shit, the entire planet's been overrun by these fucking aliens, and there's one guy that's doing something about it. LET'S KILL HIM!" Unless they are all robots, there can't be a single fucking merc dumb enough to follow Cell's orders anymore.

Creston

23. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 11:02 LesCaster

Wow, lot of cynicism here. I think this looks pretty damn nice/fun and barring any super-negative reviews, I'll definitely pick this up as I loved the 1st Crysis. However, I will agree about the aliens as I found the human enemies much more rewarding to fight in the first game. That being said, this trailer doesn't really indicate what kind of mix of alien/human enemies we'll face and I'm sure there'll be multiple alien types so I'll certainly wait to reserve judgement in that regard.

On another note, I'm obviously playing way too much FarCry 3 as it was really bugging me at the beginning of this clip when the guy didn't retrieve any of his arrows.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2012, 13:16.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

22. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 05:50 KilrathiAce

Seems when they work hard on the engine the game itself gets stuck in the same crap as before.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

21. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 05:34 Jackplug

wow mega gfx on a new engine, but its the same old aliens doing the same old shit.

Maybe its about time they tried something new & different...

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas

20. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 02:16 Jerykk

Graphics look great but the gameplay does nothing for me. The game is supposed to be sandboxy but the stealth approach really isn't satisfying because its mechanics are far too shallow. You just turn invisible and voila, stealth. I played Crysis 1 stealthy and it just wasn't a satisfying experience. The AI was retarded and couldn't handle you being invisible. Going the action route was far more satisfying.

And yes, we need a Trespasser remake. Trespasser was a lousy game but it had a lot of good ideas. A remake that actually fleshed out those ideas would be awesome.

19. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 00:18 Shataan

"I'd love to play a game like Trespasser with graphics like that, minus all the ubersoldier nano bullshit."

I have been waiting since Trespasser, for some Dev team to remake Trespasser with a real Next Gen engine. Hell, anyone remember that Dinosaur Hunting game???? That`d be cool as well. But allow for Co op this time.

I played a bit of Crysis. Didn`t bother with Crysis 2. But Crysis 3 I`ll give a go. It is nice to see some real next gen visuals for once. That makes 2 games that have sweet visuals. FarCry 3, and Crysis 3. Hopefully other Devs follow suit and come across with the goods instead of the regurg engines they keep flogging to us.

18. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 23:09 Axis

Crysis 3 summary...

"Look at great textures through tall grass!"

It's true boys, graphics have got to a point of virtual inconsequence. Give me advanced terraforming, uncanny AI or jaw-dropping Physics and I'll throw a care your way.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 21:30 Dr. D. Schreber

Everyone who enjoys this series should really pick up Peter Watts' novelization of the second game, Crysis Legion. He lends a great sci-fi horror slant and adds a lot of detail to everything, most of it expanding on things the game only implied.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

16. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 20:50 Optional Nickname!

DangerDog wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 17:21:
Is it too late to replace the aliens with velociraptors?

I'd love to play a game like Trespasser with graphics like that, minus all the ubersoldier nano bullshit.

Is Serious Sam HD close enough? There are few if any right proper dino-hunting shooters, barring pinball games natch.

15. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 19:58 Joss

DangerDog wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 17:21:

I'd love to play a game like Trespasser with graphics like that, minus all the ubersoldier nano bullshit.
I saw that too! +1

14. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 19:33 Kosumo

mag wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 19:28:
Krizzen wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 19:04:
This new genre of "games" really needs a name. You know, the type of game that blurs the line between interactive game and plain old movie? They need a name, especially the ones that blur it so much that it's more of an interactive movie than an actual game featuring actual gameplay elements.

iMovie perhaps?

JRPG?

iMurder Simulator?

13. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 19:28 mag

Krizzen wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 19:04:
This new genre of "games" really needs a name. You know, the type of game that blurs the line between interactive game and plain old movie? They need a name, especially the ones that blur it so much that it's more of an interactive movie than an actual game featuring actual gameplay elements.

iMovie perhaps?

JRPG?

12. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 19:25 Agent.X7

JediPunisher wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:12:
Looks very nice! But, someone needs to mow the grass.

I just realized, by the time this game is released, my PC will be 3 years old...
It's sad that I've had to wait this long for a PC game that will finally tap the potential of my aging i7-980x system.

Try the new Hitman.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 19:04 Krizzen

iMovie perhaps?

10. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 17:36 MajorD

Okay, I no more watching trailers for this, as when I finally play the game it will be spoiled by all these trailers; kind of like what happens with trailers for motion pictures. I like going into games and movies not knowing too much about them, as it ends up being more enjoyable that way. But, that's me.....

9. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 17:21 DangerDog

8. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 16:12 JediPunisher

Looks very nice! But, someone needs to mow the grass.

I just realized, by the time this game is released, my PC will be 3 years old...
It's sad that I've had to wait this long for a PC game that will finally tap the potential of my aging i7-980x system.

7. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 16:11 jacobvandy

Probably recorded from the Xbox version. It's quite obviously being controlled by a gamepad.  

6. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 15:22 SirKnight

It has good visuals, but I never liked the alien parts of Crysis at all. Crysis has also gotten too linear, and this looks like no exception.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo