Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Blood Bowl Franchise on Steam. Save up to 75%.
  • Dead Island on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Dota 2 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Dungeon Defenders on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dawn of War Franchise on Steam. Save up to 75%.
  • Train Simulator 2013 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Ultima Series on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 19:08 The Half Elf

Honestly if my rig could run Flight Sim X I'd probably get more into it...  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 18:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 18:22:
Its priced appropriately for the niche market they cater to (which isn't PC gamers). And the zombies DLC got enough crossover demographics that they made a special edition of the train simulator with the zombie DLC integrated.
Thats on sale for $9 right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222540/

That's a classic pusher move, giving you the first one free, or cheap in this case.

Several hundred dollars worth of virtual trains later as you kneel in the smoking ruins of your games budget, in classic Platoon pose, arms upraised, yelling at the gods as the viet cong shoot you from the trees, we'll look back on these posts and wonder if this could have all have been avoided.

*EDIT* typo.

12. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 18:22 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 17:35:
Also, Train Simulator, guys? Don't give into that crazily priced game(DLC prices.)
Its priced appropriately for the niche market they cater to (which isn't PC gamers). And the zombies DLC got enough crossover demographics that they made a special edition of the train simulator with the zombie DLC integrated.
Thats on sale for $9 right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222540/

11. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 17:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:11:
So it's worth $960.00? Shocked

Remember to scale down to 1600s prices. So mayhap a few shillings, a farthing, and your meanest haypenny. Or barter for several squirrel skins and scraps of buck.

Also, Train Simulator, guys? Don't give into that crazily priced game(DLC prices.)

10. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 17:10 Dev

If you get the train game, don't forget there's a zombie DLC for it  

9. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 17:02 Techie714 ©

If anyone sees a good FC3 deal let me know please...kthnkx!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 16:45 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:31:
The Walking Dead is on sale for 12$ for the next 6 hours. I'm debating picking it up. How'd you all like it?

The writing is pretty good and you get to make some interesting choices. Puzzles are practically non-existent, though.

7. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 16:31 jdreyer

The Walking Dead is on sale for 12$ for the next 6 hours. I'm debating picking it up. How'd you all like it?  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

6. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 16:11 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 15:23:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 13:22:
Anno 2070 is on for 20 clams atm. Hrmmmmmmmmmm....I really don't want to pay more than 10 bones for it...but I do want it...yet at this rate it won't be on for 10 sheckels at least until next Xmas at this rate. Oh well, 48 hours to decide I reckon.

Stay strong, wait for the price to drop to a dozen pieces of eight, or less.

I on the other hand, finally gave in and bought the Dawn of War franchise, for the DoW 2 games. They are sacrilege in the realm of RTS of course, but 10 bucks, I was practically forced to.

So it's worth $960.00? Shocked

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 15:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 13:22:
Anno 2070 is on for 20 clams atm. Hrmmmmmmmmmm....I really don't want to pay more than 10 bones for it...but I do want it...yet at this rate it won't be on for 10 sheckels at least until next Xmas at this rate. Oh well, 48 hours to decide I reckon.

Stay strong, wait for the price to drop to a dozen pieces of eight, or less.

I on the other hand, finally gave in and bought the Dawn of War franchise, for the DoW 2 games. They are sacrilege in the realm of RTS of course, but 10 bucks, I was practically forced to.

4. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 14:21 Cutter

Yeah I gotta give it a run again as I didn't experiment with it too much when I got it last year. Funny thing is I probably wanted to be a choo choo engineer as a kid more than anything else. I'd still love to do it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 14:20 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 14:16:
So I had some credit and I bought Train Simulator 2013. I really don't have alot of sim experience except dabbling in Flight Sim X and Silent Hunter 3, and strangely I sorta like it. Then again I left it running and stepped out to have a smoke and come back to an emergency alarm going off. Not sure what was going on as I entered the computer room, I realized I had exceeded the speed limit for the train (75mph). I wonder if I can 'Doc Brown' it and get it up to 88mph...

I actually kinda wondered if that game might be fun. And hey, you can get all the DLC for $800 instead of 3 grand! Someone phone prez!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 14:16 The Half Elf

So I had some credit and I bought Train Simulator 2013. I really don't have alot of sim experience except dabbling in Flight Sim X and Silent Hunter 3, and strangely I sorta like it. Then again I left it running and stepped out to have a smoke and come back to an emergency alarm going off. Not sure what was going on as I entered the computer room, I realized I had exceeded the speed limit for the train (75mph). I wonder if I can 'Doc Brown' it and get it up to 88mph...  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 13:22 Cutter

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo