Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Blood Bowl Franchise on Steam. Save up to 75%.
  • Dead Island on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Dota 2 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Dungeon Defenders on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dawn of War Franchise on Steam. Save up to 75%.
  • Train Simulator 2013 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Ultima Series on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:45 Dev

El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 16:36:
Dev wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:03:
Are you talking from amazon? From GMG? A steam gift? Or?

If you paypal me enough to cover the game and the paypal fee, I can probably get you what you need. I have no idea if the game will end up being the version you need, but I'm in the US if that helps.

Dev, I'm talking about the Steam sale. Are you in the Steam Blue's News Group?
Yep!
I'll go run snuggle truck and idle in it, so you can know who I am in that group

I've got a party to go to in a couple hours so don't take too long (I'll be on again probably in about 8 or 10 hours from now)

I've done group buys with Prez and Bats among others (both where I paid them for a game, and ones where I bought a group package and they paid me) if you need any references.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 16:36 El Pit

Dev wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 15:03:

If you paypal me enough to cover the game and the paypal fee, I can probably get you what you need. I have no idea if the game will end up being the version you need, but I'm in the US if that helps.

Dev, I'm talking about the Steam sale. Are you in the Steam Blue's News Group?

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

32. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 15:03 Dev

El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 12:19:
WAAAAAAH! Max Payne 3 for $15, and the other two MPs for about $4! YAY! Now, if anybody could me hook me up with this, I'd be very thankful! Steam refuses to sell me the unneutered versions of the games, because I currently live in one of those countries behind the Iron Software Curtain (i.e. Germany). Guys - help me out on this one, please!

31. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 12:19 El Pit

WAAAAAAH! Max Payne 3 for $15, and the other two MPs for about $4! YAY! Now, if anybody could me hook me up with this, I'd be very thankful! Steam refuses to sell me the unneutered versions of the games, because I currently live in one of those countries behind the Iron Software Curtain (i.e. Germany). Guys - help me out on this one, please!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

30. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2012, 00:11 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 15:45:
Yeah, I am just biding my time now, waiting for the BG series sale. I wonder if they got some pressure from Beamdog to avoid any sort of sale though, so Beamdog can push their BG:EE version some more. <tinfoil hat>
Why? Pretty sure the originals are still owned by interplay. I believe they only sold rights to doing a remake.

Interplay is happy to do sales, Caen bros milking that corpse and all.

29. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 17:13 sauron

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 15:49:
sauron wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 12:41:
I have Morrowind and Oblivion on Steam but want to add the GOTY editions. It won't let me buy them.

Have my editions already been upgraded or is it a bug?

Advice welcome. Thanks!

I believe they both are the GOTY versions already. My morrowind version certainly is.

Creston

Score! Thanks nin, Dev and Creston - you just saved me 10 clams.

I just need the base GOTY so I can load up Morroblivion, and it turns out that's the version on Steam in both cases. I actually have both games on DVD as well but am missing Bloodmoon and KotN (I have the other expansions).

Kittens!

28. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 15:49 Creston

I have Morrowind and Oblivion on Steam but want to add the GOTY editions. It won't let me buy them.

Advice welcome. Thanks!

I believe they both are the GOTY versions already. My morrowind version certainly is.

Creston

27. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 15:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 14:30:
Did you check a few days ago when they started the sale? They had a 1 day special, 75% off of a bunch of bundles. Now they are re-running each bundle for 1 day. All the other normal sale titles are 50% off.
If its not the day a specific bundle you want is on sale, I suggest waiting until the last day of sales (just like steam). They may well re-do the all bundles on sale in 1 day sale at the end.

Yeah, I am just biding my time now, waiting for the BG series sale. I wonder if they got some pressure from Beamdog to avoid any sort of sale though, so Beamdog can push their BG:EE version some more. <tinfoil hat>

In the meantime I'm playing through the Icewind Dale series, refreshing my memory a bit on the IE games. I'm leaning towards a complete BG series run in January, with a Berserker eventually dual classed to Thief. No Kensai/Mage or Ranger/Cleric cheese here. Just some 5x with Crom Faeyr 25STR backstab cheese.

ps. Valygar should be a Wizard Slayer, Minsc should be a Berserker, Inquisitor is an overpowered class, discuss.

26. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 14:30 Dev

JayDeath wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 13:59:
Steam wants $10 for the original Call of Duty. Haha!
That would be the PUBLISHER asking that, which is Activision. Publishers set all pricing (including sale pricing) on steam.
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 14:30:
It was in the news earlier, and I assume most of you guys know, but basically everything on gog.com is on sale right now, except for BG1/BG2. (Those devious gog bastards!)

I've purchased probably 20 classics so far, and gotten another 10 or so freebies on Gog... those jokers better not go out of business or get bought out, Impulse style.

Sale ends January 3rd, aka CDProjekt has 10 days to put the Baldur's Gate series on sale so I can complete my DRM free classic collection.
Did you check a few days ago when they started the sale? They had a 1 day special, 75% off of a bunch of bundles. Now they are re-running each bundle for 1 day. All the other normal sale titles are 50% off.
If its not the day a specific bundle you want is on sale, I suggest waiting until the last day of sales (just like steam). They may well re-do the all bundles on sale in 1 day sale at the end.

25. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 14:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

It was in the news earlier, and I assume most of you guys know, but basically everything on gog.com is on sale right now, except for BG1/BG2. (Those devious gog bastards!)

I've purchased probably 20 classics so far, and gotten another 10 or so freebies on Gog... those jokers better not go out of business or get bought out, Impulse style.

Sale ends January 3rd, aka CDProjekt has 10 days to put the Baldur's Gate series on sale so I can complete my DRM free classic collection.

24. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 13:59 JayDeath

Steam wants $10 for the original Call of Duty. Haha!  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

23. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 13:44 Cutter

Aww Orcs and Men on for $20. Not enough I'll bite at $10.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 12:55 Dev

Amazon has some deals on things like Lego LOTR, and scribblenauts ($7.50 each), and a few other games.
link

21. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 12:54 Dev

Advice welcome. Thanks!
I was trying to find that out myself. I believe morrowind versions are goty already. You can tell if it has the tribunal/bloodwind expansions then its goty. There's no DLC tab, so I'm fairly sure all steam versions of that are goty.

For oblivion, I'm not sure. Mine says its goty (which includes the 2 big expansions shivering isles and knights of the nine), and it won't let me buy the goty deluxe. In my DLC tab it only mentions goty, nothing about deluxe. If you have things like horse armor, its the deluxe with all DLC.

Installing oblivion should show if you have deluxe with all DLC or not. Has anyone bought the deluxe and seen what it shows in the steam DLC tab for it?

20. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 12:51 nin

Advice welcome. Thanks!

What does your DLC tab say?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 12:41 sauron

Advice welcome. Thanks!

Kittens!

18. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2012, 11:14 JayDeath

I got a dd of Mass Effect 3 for under 11 bucks with a 10% promo code @ Gamefly. Just fyi. WooT!  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

17. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 22:07 killer_roach

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 18:40:
Dev wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 18:22:
Its priced appropriately for the niche market they cater to (which isn't PC gamers). And the zombies DLC got enough crossover demographics that they made a special edition of the train simulator with the zombie DLC integrated.
Thats on sale for $9 right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222540/

That's a classic pusher move, giving you the first one free, or cheap in this case.

Several hundred dollars worth of virtual trains later as you kneel in the smoking ruins of your games budget, in classic Platoon pose, arms upraised, yelling at the gods as the viet cong shoot you from the trees, we'll look back on these posts and wonder if this could have all have been avoided.

*EDIT* typo.

There's a few other free DLCs out there, and a lot of them go on sale regularly, but yeah - it's a daunting stack if you're into the "collect everything" mindset.

16. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 20:57 zombiefan

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:31:
The Walking Dead is on sale for 12$ for the next 6 hours. I'm debating picking it up. How'd you all like it?

I remember when Bioshock came out, the developers touted the fact that you'd have to make "moral decisions" when it came to whether or not to harvest the Little Sisters. And when I played the game, I really couldn't care less regarding the decision.

The Walking Dead on the other hand....wow. Now this game sticks you in scenarios where you really are confronted with moral and ethical dilemmas. Ultimately, the game is linear so no matter which choice you make, you're still going to wind up going onto the next area. But it's the situations themselves that really sold the game for me. If you like being confronted in that respect, than you'll enjoy it.

15. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 20:53 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 18:40:
Dev wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 18:22:
Its priced appropriately for the niche market they cater to (which isn't PC gamers). And the zombies DLC got enough crossover demographics that they made a special edition of the train simulator with the zombie DLC integrated.
Thats on sale for $9 right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222540/

That's a classic pusher move, giving you the first one free, or cheap in this case.

Several hundred dollars worth of virtual trains later as you kneel in the smoking ruins of your games budget, in classic Platoon pose, arms upraised, yelling at the gods as the viet cong shoot you from the trees, we'll look back on these posts and wonder if this could have all have been avoided.

*EDIT* typo.

\o/

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo