Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Festivus! I am not feeling very much like airing grievances today, as we got to spend a the afternoon with our godchildren yesterday, which was positively delightful. They are very sweet kids, and it was a great addition to the holiday season to be able to spend time with them and their folks. Of course, with the Giants playing a "must win" game today, I may rethink the whole grievances thing, depending on how things go. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

Links for the Rest of Us: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bad Piggies.
Cube Cube Cube.
Links: Vampires, Bats & Cats Top Worst Film Poll.
Fake Science: Asimov’s Laws of Robotics.
Stories: Santa Tracker Race: Google’s Santa Tracker vs. NORAD.
Media: Major Outbreak Of Sluts. NSFW. Thanks reddit.
Probably The Closest Call I've Ever Seen. And worst driver.
Useless Invention Created From a Broken Printer.
The Funnies: EXTRALIFE – What Billy wants….

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 21:04 Cutter

Yeah the Ravens were on today. They sure schooled the Giants pretty good. And the Jets? Wow, I'm guessing Ryan and some of the other coaching staff will be gone and short order. I don't even know why they bothered to get Tebow if they're not going to use him. I suspect Sanchez will be riding the pines for a long time to come.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 20:38 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 20:23:
You think that's bad, the Bengals actually BEAT the Steelers and are going to the playoffs.

Yeah, that is pretty bad...those Mayan's sure have a sick sense of humor...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 20:23 The Half Elf

You think that's bad, the Bengals actually BEAT the Steelers and are going to the playoffs.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 20:01 Rigs

Giants: 14
Ravens: 33

I'm gonna go stuff my face in a pillow and cry now... Wall2

Let it be known that I'd rather watch a rain-delayed NASCAR race than the GIANTS make absolute ASSES of themselves!

Thank you.

EDIT: My record this week, with the '49er game just starting is a miserable (or laughable, depending on your point of view) 7-8...which leads me to ask, why, exactly, did I start playing this again?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2012, 20:36.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 17:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

1) Never doubt Zelazny.

2) Joe Abercrombie's First Law series is actually pretty damned good. As are his offshoot works in that same universe.

3) Major Outbreak of Sluts and Useless Invention, those are possibly the best two comedic videos I've ever seen linked on Bluesnews, gg.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 17:06 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 16:18:
Zelazny was my favorite author 25 yrs ago. How do the tales hold up when you reach middle age?

Only one way to find out. I still reread his stuff regularly.

And how about them Packers?!?! Holy shitballs! Looks like the Superbowl is ours if they play through the playoffs like that!

7. Damn Dec 23, 2012, 16:25 Creston

He may never win a team a superbowl, but it's becoming pretty damn hard to argue against wanting to have Tony Romo line up behind center if you're down in the fourth...

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 16:20 Tjold

eh if airing grievances isn't enough, there's always the feats of strength to help you blow off some steam

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 16:18 jdreyer

Zelazny was my favorite author 25 yrs ago. How do the tales hold up when you reach middle age?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 16:08 Cutter

I own most of Zelazny's stuff as he's still my favourite authour. I strongly suggest you also read To Reign in Hell too. It was one of Z's favourite books and he did the forward for it. Fantastic read!

Lord of Light is awesome, though nothing trumps the (original) Amber series. And I'm immensely fond of his Azzie the demon series written with Robert Scheckley. A lot of people have panned it over the years but I think it's mainly because it wasn't the "classic" Zelazny they wanted.

Lastly another one of my faves is One For the Morning Glory by John Barnes. Read it!!!

I've currently got 36 books on my reading list.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 14:44 mag

PHJF wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 14:15:
All right here is what I've assembled in my current "to read" collection:

The First Law - Joe Abercrombie (three books)
The Prince of Nothing - R. Scott Bakker (three books)
Tales of the Dying Earth - Jack Vance (four books)
Lord of Light - Roger Zelazny
The Great Book of Amber - Roger Zelazny (ten books)

Zelazny is great. Vance is in my to-read pile, too.

Going to recommend again, since I came in late to the last thread: The Book of the New Sun

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 14:15 PHJF

All right here is what I've assembled in my current "to read" collection:

The First Law - Joe Abercrombie (three books)
The Prince of Nothing - R. Scott Bakker (three books)
Tales of the Dying Earth - Jack Vance (four books)
Lord of Light - Roger Zelazny
The Great Book of Amber - Roger Zelazny (ten books)

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 13:54 Cutter

Children of the gods?

Go Packers!

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo