Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Festivus! I am not feeling very much like airing grievances today, as we got to spend a the afternoon with our godchildren yesterday, which was positively delightful. They are very sweet kids, and it was a great addition to the holiday season to be able to spend time with them and their folks. Of course, with the Giants playing a "must win" game today, I may rethink the whole grievances thing, depending on how things go. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

Links for the Rest of Us: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bad Piggies.
Cube Cube Cube.
Links: Vampires, Bats & Cats Top Worst Film Poll.
Fake Science: Asimov’s Laws of Robotics.
Stories: Santa Tracker Race: Google’s Santa Tracker vs. NORAD.
Media: Major Outbreak Of Sluts. NSFW. Thanks reddit.
Probably The Closest Call I've Ever Seen. And worst driver.
Useless Invention Created From a Broken Printer.
The Funnies: EXTRALIFE – What Billy wants….

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 13:50 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 09:56:
If anyone is doing any last minute shopping and happen to run into grumpy and tired store clerks today, remember they are people too and have some patience with them. Thanks..

Actually, everyone I've been running into is in a great mood knowing the madness ends today - well after Boxing Day at any rate, but they're off tomorrow regardless.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 13:39 mag

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 12:36:
I have no idea what's been going on with Christmas shopping this weekend. Twice this weekend I found myself going to the mall, and twice I was able to just drive there, park, get what I needed and leave without any traffic issues or the place being packed or whatever.

Did everyone shop early? On Saturday I figured I was going to be in for Hell when I had to be at the mall at 11 am...

Creston

On Saturday I stopped at a strip mall for lunch (with a huge parking lot and not a lot of Christmas-gift-y stores) and it took me 30 minutes to park. The interstate off-ramp were backed up for a couple miles, around one mall.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 12:39 nin

I have no idea what's been going on with Christmas shopping this weekend. Twice this weekend I found myself going to the mall, and twice I was able to just drive there, park, get what I needed and leave without any traffic issues or the place being packed or whatever.

I went to aduelos on 71st at 4:30 on Sat - being that close to the mall (and 71st being hell in general) I expected a huge wait - and no one was there. Parked right in front...so I've noticed the same thing.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 12:36 Creston

Did everyone shop early? On Saturday I figured I was going to be in for Hell when I had to be at the mall at 11 am...

Creston

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 09:56 InBlack

If anyone is doing any last minute shopping and happen to run into grumpy and tired store clerks today, remember they are people too and have some patience with them. Thanks..  

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 09:34 xXBatmanXx

holy hell! just realized I have enough food for pups for tonight and that is it! eeesh.. hope store is open today!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 09:32 InBlack

Im working today....fucking holidays....  

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 08:00 PHJF

I had to pick up brother from airport (which is 40 minutes away without any traffic) at midnight so today we can drive to my sister's (which is two hours forty five minutes away without any traffic). My stupidass internal clock responds by waking me up at 7:30.

And I picked up my uncle from the same airport eight hours prior to my brother. Fucking holidays, man!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 07:56 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 07:36:
Bats, I figured I was the only one up early...gotta work today, but I get a 4 day weekend coming up, so it all works out.

Been up all night installing new games. Trying some new games out....wife is sleeping. I Have the next few nights off....lots of family stuff. Fell asleep duing football games....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 07:36 nin

Bats, I figured I was the only one up early...gotta work today, but I get a 4 day weekend coming up, so it all works out.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 07:34 Cutter

banddirector wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 23:46:
mag wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 22:07:
Holy shit, Seattle/49ers. I figured this one could go either way.

I believe Cutter mentioned that an SF victory was a lock.

Eat some crow ....

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. This was entirely about the 49ers being off, not the Seahawks being better. The 49ers are still the superior team. However in football we all know it's about the best team that day.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 07:28 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 05:04:
Holy cow the I Am Alive controls are f-king TERRIBLE!

Yeah, I know right. That's why I was warning people off it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 06:49 xXBatmanXx

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM R*!!! WOOOOO!!!!!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 05:53 Prez

Well there goes Blue's festive mood. Ugh - the Giants have looked awful the whole second half of the season.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 05:04 xXBatmanXx

Holy cow the I Am Alive controls are f-king TERRIBLE!  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 03:56 mag

banddirector wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 23:46:

Eat some crow ....

I would be gloating if I'd actually followed through with my misgivings and picked the Seahawks.

17. Cube * 3 Dec 24, 2012, 01:59 Ant

http://armorgames.com/play/14416/cubecubecube for v1.02 if you had black screens. I did.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 23:46 banddirector

Eat some crow ....

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 23:19 Creston

Seattle is starting to look like the kind of team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs. That's what... 160 points and counting in 3 games? That's 2007 Patriots territory right there.

Creston

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 22:07 mag

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo