Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project GODUS Funded

The Kickstarter Campaign for Project GODUS has successfully concluded, ultimately bringing in 526,563, comfortably exceeding the 450,000 goal for this god game from Peter Molyneux and 22cans, and just triggering the stretch goal for a Linux version, while falling short of the final milestone that would have triggered an Ouya version. Word is: "Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting GODUS. Our job is now to work on and complete GODUS, the game we've fallen in love with, and to make it the game you want to play."

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 14:48 jdreyer

ASeven wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 13:37:
nin wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 13:30:
6 hours left on Limit Theory!

Allow me to point to this and this and this.

War for the Overworld looks like a decent take on DK. As for a pro wrestling game and a golf game? Isn't that what EA is for?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 14:44 jdreyer

Looks like a single player version of Eve Online. Which is very cool. Doesn't look like they'll make their 200K stretch goal. Maybe they'll put in carrier landings anyway. If not, I'll have Star Citizen I guess.

16. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 14:38 jdreyer

Blahman wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:55:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:44:
Yeah, I think it's explained less by spinelessness and more by nostalgia tinted glasses. Is there anyone here that funded this? I'm wondering if they could explain their motivations?

I funded it because I wanted to see the game made and play it one day. Simple as that. Of course I played all the Bullfrog games including Populous back in the day. Less of a fan of B&W though.

Cool, yeah, I thought that B & W was a cool concept in search of a game, so I didn't fund this as it looked very similar, but I am interested in seeing the final result. Wasn't impressed with Fable III at all, though, so PM's stock is a bit low in my book currently.

EDIT: Cutter, you crack me up.

15. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 22, 2012, 14:32 HorrorScope

Already funded...

14. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 14:13 DangerDog

Elite Dangerous is going to be a close one, I think it'll make it's goal though if there's a burst of backers towards the end.

The cheap seats are opening up as some people move to higher tiers of the kickstarter. It fluctuates between showing the 20 quid option being sold out to having some available.

13. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 14:01 Cutter

Damn, I really hoped this wouldn't make it. Fools.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:37 ASeven

Allow me to point to this and this and this.

11. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:31 Beelzebud

Nothing separates as easily as a gamer and their money.  

10. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:30 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:15 Bill Borre

The only games they did I liked were Syndicate and Magic Carpet. I thought Magic Carpet was awesome.  

8. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 13:14 CJ_Parker

Funding this game is insane. Peter Molyneux must have cash coming out of all of his orifices. He sold Bullfrog to EA *ka-ching* and Lionhead to Microsoft *ka-ching*.
Unlike most other people I'm not a Molyneux hater at all but him using KS to raise money for a game project is bordering on criminal.

The honest version of this Kickstarter should have read... "Molyneux here. I'm a rich mofo, but even I don't have money to burn so in order to gauge interest in a god game, I'd like to introduce you to Project GODUS. I will be using Kickstarter only as a research tool to see if there is sufficient interest because, otherwise, money is of no real concern to me".

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 22, 2012, 13:14 HorrorScope

Blahman wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:55:
I funded it because I wanted to see the game made and play it one day. Simple as that. Of course I played all the Bullfrog games including Populous back in the day. Less of a fan of B&W though.

Did you like the Dungeon Keeper series?

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 22, 2012, 13:13 HorrorScope

great  

5. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 12:55 Blahman

jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:44:
Yeah, I think it's explained less by spinelessness and more by nostalgia tinted glasses. Is there anyone here that funded this? I'm wondering if they could explain their motivations?

4. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 12:44 jdreyer

3. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 12:39 Slashman

Blahman wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:37:
Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:31:
That this got funded is truly a sign of just how spineless gamers are.

Explain.

Seriously. I want to hear the explanation too. Because I think it took guts on the part of gamers to fund something by such a seriously deluded individual just because he made a few good games in the past.

2. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 12:37 Blahman

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:31:

Explain.

1. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 12:31 Dmitri_M

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo