Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 01:31 nin

I gave up on my Impulse games the day they sold to Gamestop.

I abandoned mine as well. I only had a few games, and I've picked those back up through various steam sales...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 01:23 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 21:34:
GameStop is a piece of shit. I've been having nothing but trouble (as have a boat-load of other longtime Impulse users) with their retarded back-end system update that requires you merge your Impulse account with another one from the official GameStop website. There's apparently not anything I can do to login with my old credentials, password recovery/change doesn't do anything because I'm pretty sure it's only working for the standard GS account, and then the stupid new GameStop App locks you out for several hours because it makes repeated failed attempts to login when the password you put in is "wrong."

The ONLY solution I've seen on the old, but thankfully still around, Impulse Driven Support forum, is for the customer service guy to MANUALLY transfer your games from the legacy account to a new GS account and then change the email address on your old one to gibberish, effectively disabling it, which he has to do because they're not able to delete accounts? WTF is that? And just my luck, forum support has gone on holiday for the rest of the year starting today.

Fuck this, man. I only had a few Stardock games on there, maybe a couple other cheaper indies, so I'm just gonna rebuy Demigod, SoaSE, et. al. on Steam. In fact, I will gladly seize this impromptu opportunity to never use their service ever again. You can keep my games, GameStop! Now go choke on a dick.

I gave up on my Impulse games the day they sold to Gamestop. Didn't matter too much, as I only had a couple on there. (The first two PA games, complete set of Galciv2, which I did miss, but fortunately they went on a Steam sale and Prez gifted them to me (thanks buddy! ), and Sins of a Solar Empire, which never really did it for me.)

I'd rather just never bother with the whole Impulse thing again than have to deal with fucking Gamestop. That company treated PC gamers as fucking lepers for years, only to now pretend we're their greatest and bestest customers again? Fuck that noise.

Creston

14. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 01:15 Prez

Yeah - the new gamestop Impulse client is a frickin' disaster. I've had the same Impulse login since Stardock came out with Galactic Civilizations, but now it doesn't work. I have to create a new account with the NEW Gamestop client and merge it with my old one. Except of course it's not accepting my old password. So it locks me out and tells me to try again "in a few hours". Two days later I'm still getting the same message. I finally get support to help me, and they tell me to log in with my new account, then merge it with my old one. Now I get locked out because I enter the password for my new Gamestop account and it tells me it's not correct, even though it is. I go through the reset password rigamarole and get a message that the reset process only works for new accounts. Do I have a new account yet? Did the registrarion complete? Who the hell knows? I do the reset link via email thing and still doesnt work. Woops! 5 incorrect logins! So now I'm waiting to be "un-locked out" again. For "a few hours". For 2 days.

Yeah, Valve ought to be quaking in their boots because there's some serious competition coming. Gamestop is going to pwn. Rolleyes

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 00:28 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 23:38:
I didn't have issues either, however many months ago. But they just recently released a brand new client app that totally drops all pretenses of it still being Impulse, plus mandated the merging of accounts. If you go to try and login now, in the new version, consider yourself lucky if you don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops.
Oh joy.

12. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 23:51 jdreyer

Thanks for the heads up, Jacob. I haven't even tried to access my Impulse acct. Luckily I only have Demigod on it. If it gets cheap enough I'll just get it on Steam and not bother with GS/Impulse.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 23:38 jacobvandy

I didn't have issues either, however many months ago. But they just recently released a brand new client app that totally drops all pretenses of it still being Impulse, plus mandated the merging of accounts. If you go to try and login now, in the new version, consider yourself lucky if you don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops.  

10. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 21:48 Dev

Maybe its just me, but I didn't have any problems (at least that I can recall, its been a while) logging into gamestop with my impulse login.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be buying anything from gamestop (unless they have incredible steamlike sales, and that doesn't look like it will ever happen).

Also, I will also rebuy as much as possible on steam if they are on sale for a good price. I'm glad to see stardock is seeing the light of day and starting to put up their old titles on there.

9. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 21:34 jacobvandy

GameStop is a piece of shit. I've been having nothing but trouble (as have a boat-load of other longtime Impulse users) with their retarded back-end system update that requires you merge your Impulse account with another one from the official GameStop website. There's apparently not anything I can do to login with my old credentials, password recovery/change doesn't do anything because I'm pretty sure it's only working for the standard GS account, and then the stupid new GameStop App locks you out for several hours because it makes repeated failed attempts to login when the password you put in is "wrong."

The ONLY solution I've seen on the old, but thankfully still around, Impulse Driven Support forum, is for the customer service guy to MANUALLY transfer your games from the legacy account to a new GS account and then change the email address on your old one to gibberish, effectively disabling it, which he has to do because they're not able to delete accounts? WTF is that? And just my luck, forum support has gone on holiday for the rest of the year starting today.

Fuck this, man. I only had a few Stardock games on there, maybe a couple other cheaper indies, so I'm just gonna rebuy Demigod, SoaSE, et. al. on Steam. In fact, I will gladly seize this impromptu opportunity to never use their service ever again. You can keep my games, GameStop! Now go choke on a dick.

8. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 20:27 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 19:42:
I'm surprised nothing really going on on GMG.
They had a big 1 day sale where they had 75% off a bunch of packages, just a couple days ago.

Now they are re-running those packages one a day. Today its the one mentioned above.

7. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 20:17 Elf Shot The Food

I enjoyed Sacred 2 as well. It was impossible to buy in North America for a long time (even from digital distributors), but it's back on Steam and GamersGate too.  

6. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 19:42 Cutter

I'm surprised nothing really going on on GMG.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 19:25 Jerykk

Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 19:11:
Fully half of GameStop games require Steam in addition to the Gamestop client, which is doubly insulting, making me twice as grateful for GOG.

Doesn't Gamestop just give you a Steam key?

4. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 19:11 Optional Nickname!

Fully half of GameStop games require Steam in addition to the Gamestop client, which is doubly insulting, making me twice as grateful for GOG.  

3. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 15:43 Jivaro

Those patches must have happened because I played it through with two different characters and didn't experience more then a few small bugs and none of them were game stoppers. Of course, as I said, I didn't buy it until last year and it had already been out for some time...the online servers had already been shut down I think as well. As for DRM, it never kept me from playing the game or installing it on multiple machines, so I can't really find a reason to complain about it. DRM that punishes paying customers bothers me, DRM that simply exists doesn't. As I understand it there was a 2 system install limit on the original boxed version, but I know for fact that isn't the case any longer as I have my copy installed on two desktops and a laptop without issue. Did they do one of those "we are going to be draconian for the first 6 months to a year and then magically patch it out later" type of deals?

edit: And what does the size of the game matter btw? I mean, I have a bunch of games that take up that much space or more. Admittedly, most of them are from Bethesda or are MMOs...

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2012, 15:52.

2. Re: On Sale Sacred 2 Gold Dec 22, 2012, 14:45 PHJF

DRM-laced, bug-ridden mess of a 20GB game. It would have taken considerable patching to make it proper.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: On Sale Sacred 2 Gold Dec 22, 2012, 14:06 Jivaro

I loved Sacred 2....always thought it was considerably underrated.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo