Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced

The Battlefield 3 Website has details on Battlefield 3 End Game, a new DLC pack said to be coming to the military first-person shooter sequel (thanks BF3Blog). Word is:

Battlefield 3: End Game delivers some of the most high-speed warfare to date across four vast maps. Race through enemy lines using the new dirt bike, bringing speed and agility to the Battlefield, or fight back aerial assaults with new lightweight AA vehicles. Coordinate lightning fast attacks and defenses in the return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode. In the skies, the new dropship introduces the ability to turn the tide with rapid deployment air drops of troop transports.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 23, 2012, 09:58 eRe4s3r

I don't consider demos free content... ^^  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 23, 2012, 00:45 Blahman

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 06:16:
LMAO.. Blizzard? Diablo 3? Content for free = 0
Starcraft 2 - Content for free = 0
Diablo 2 - Content for free = 0

so it begs the question what content from Blizzard you mean there...

Well they do have free starter editions: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3250656
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

12. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 22:30 Morgan19

Pretty sure Target has it on sale for $29 right now, too.  

11. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 10:36 Huzsar

siapnar wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:19:
I really want to try the expansions, is it worth upgrading to premium? $50 seems kinda high when I've already got BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkland
Get full premium edition, even though it includes the original game it's often on sale for $40 (I think Origin has that price now) but I saw it for $30 too, then you pretty much paying expansion pack price, and for that I think its worth getting 16 more maps.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 10:35 Bucky

Wildone wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 10:07:
Too much cheating going on. Planetside 3 is where its at for epic scale battles.

I still play BF3 on a regular basis, and I see far more calls of cheater than I do actual cheaters. The game has a moderately high skill ceiling, and tactics (which CoD players know little of) make a world of difference.

I personally think the Premium pack is worth it. Close Quarters is great for small scale infantry fights, Armored Kill and Aftermath added a bunch of great maps and there's a few good new guns in there (I love me the LSAT LMG).

9. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 10:07 Wildone

Too much cheating going on. Planetside 3 is where its at for epic scale battles.  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 06:16 eRe4s3r

LMAO.. Blizzard? Diablo 3? Content for free = 0
Starcraft 2 - Content for free = 0
Diablo 2 - Content for free = 0

so it begs the question what content from Blizzard you mean there...

7. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 05:27 s1mon75

siapnar wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:19:
I really want to try the expansions, is it worth upgrading to premium? $50 seems kinda high when I've already got BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkland

Im in the same boat as you. But my decision is fuck paying more for a game where developers like BLizzard will just supply these 'minor updates' for free.

Fuck EA

6. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 05:05 eRe4s3r

Capture the flag is bound to get the most popular mode if they actually do it to ALL the maps.. ;p  

5. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 03:43 The Half Elf

Fine you win Rigs, ya made my pull out the Google-Fu™

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 00:41 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 22:28:
Didn't you ever see Delta Force, where Chuck Norris rides a dirt bike and climbs aboard a jet full of hostages?!?

Gah Rigs, what the hell!?!

When I hear 'dropship', I think sci-fi (Aliens, HALO, Starship Troopers, Star Wars) not the real, modern battlefield. And dirt bikes...well, you pointed out Delta Force, which was 80's style. So both pretty much 'bookend' BF3's depiction of warfare as it's suppose to be in the 20-teens...I could see if they added quads, Hummvees, (if they weren't already in the game) or maybe an armored golf cart or two. A 'modern' dropship, in my mind, would be a V-22 Osprey, similar to those jet-powered ones in BLOPS2. But then, those in BLOPS2 remind me immediately of the Pelicans in HALO. So, no, dropship is not a good name for a 'modern' airborne troop transport...IMO...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

3. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 21, 2012, 23:19 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 21, 2012, 22:28 The Half Elf

Didn't you ever see Delta Force, where Chuck Norris rides a dirt bike and climbs aboard a jet full of hostages?!?

Gah Rigs, what the hell!?!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 21, 2012, 22:14 Rigs

Dirt bike? Dropship?! WTF?!

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo