Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2012, 02:12 xXBatmanXx

Morgan19 wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 22:28:
Anyone care to guess the likelihood of Dishonored going lower than 50%?

For Steam? Not a chance in hell for this sale, it is already on 50% as a daily deal.

GreenMan is probably your best shot with a coupon. I am goign to use my 35% on it when it goes on a good sale.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 22:28 Morgan19

Anyone care to guess the likelihood of Dishonored going lower than 50%?  

20. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 20:53 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 18:29:
I am not a graphical guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought Metro 2033 looked absolutely amazing.

Well, maybe it will be better with the FOV fix...as it currently feels like I am looking through a paper towel cardboard tube. 23 inch monitor WS and it feels like a 17 inch square tube. So.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

19. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 18:29 Prez

I am not a graphical guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought Metro 2033 looked absolutely amazing.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 15:50 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 12:52:
Well, then something is wrong, as i have a top of the line rig....so I need to figure out what is going on...
I don't know what, if anything, is going on.

But, I've seen in a couple past games where maxing everything screwed stuff up (dunno if it was from drivers or just they didn't expect anyone to be able to max everything). So my suggestion would be to turn everything down a notch, or choose medium settings, as a first step to seeing what might be wrong.

17. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 14:47 Fibrocyte

I'm interested in DOTA2 if anyone has a spare early access key.  

16. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 12:52 xXBatmanXx

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 11:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 09:33:
HOLY F!

I started playing Metro. The game looks like ASS! I have everything maxed, I am not impressed. Also, who the F sets a FOV to 45!?!?!?!?!?!

I agree with Cutter on this one the game was really pretty good & I remember thinking the graphics were outstanding. Hmm

Well, then something is wrong, as i have a top of the line rig....so I need to figure out what is going on...

15. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 11:41 Techie714 ©

HOLY F!

I started playing Metro. The game looks like ASS! I have everything maxed, I am not impressed. Also, who the F sets a FOV to 45!?!?!?!?!?!

I agree with Cutter on this one the game was really pretty good & I remember thinking the graphics were outstanding. Hmm

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 11:05 Eldaron Imotholin

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 22:46:
I finished Dishonored earlier today & honestly I thought it was an outstanding game. Defiantly if you have not gotten it on the Steam sale GET IT.

Graphics: A
Game Mechanics: A+
Design of the world (Merging Steam punk W/ Magic) A+
Storyline: B
Side quests: C-

Graphics, A!? No man.. sorry but compared to what? Bioshock? Which debateably looks better still.

The stale, bland graphics were one of the reasons the game underwhelmed me greatly.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

13. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 10:44 PHJF

Why isn't the Mechwarrior franchise on Steam or GOG? I can't find it anywhere (although I DL'd MW4: Mercenaries for free)

Probably has something to do with licensing. There is a real quagmire surrounding BattleTech.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 10:39 Cutter

HOLY F!

That's not right. It's not the prettiest game in the world but it should look good. I know most folks around here loved that game, myself included.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 09:33 xXBatmanXx

HOLY F!

10. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 06:58 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 06:25:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Metascore 71
Picked it up and regret it already.
Graphics look like crap, game plays like it is on rails, one quick time movie after another, mouse controls are weird. Sigh
Oh well, at least I did not pay full price for it. I should have tried the "demo" first

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 06:27 Dev

Sims still takes $155 to get all the DLC even on sale. If they ever offer a PACKAGE DEAL where I can get the whole thing for a reasonable price, I'd probably get it.

I picked up the darksiders set from amazon (redeemed on steam), both so I could get codes for the stuff I didn't use (already had DS1, and it oddly gave you an uneeded code for one of the DLC), and because it was cheaper.

jimnms wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:24:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BETHESDANYC/bethesda-new-year-collection-bundle
Interestingly thats NOT the same beth bundle as whats on steam for $90:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18743/

While they both include a lot of the same games, the steam one includes id stuff like quake and doom, while the gamersgate one includes things like rogue warrior and hunted something or other (which is doubly odd considering that gamersgate says they are steamworks).

8. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 06:25 Dev

Going to repost what I did in the previous thread:

Not going to get them all at $60+. Now if they had a 75% off on the PACK as well, I'd probably pick it up. Plus I already own the best of them in steam, most of the splinter cell ones.

Since I was bored:

Tom Clancy's EndWar
Metascore 68

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Metascore 80

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Metascore 76

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Metascore 80
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Desert Siege (expansion)
Metascore 82
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Island Thunder (expansion)
Metascore 82

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Metascore 71

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Metascore 70

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
Metascore 66

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
Metascore 59

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold
Metascore 85

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Metascore 85

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Metascore 78

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Metascore 92

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Metascore 83

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Metascore 80

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Metascore 91

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2012, 16:24.

7. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 02:58 Creston

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 22:46:
I finished Dishonored earlier today & honestly I thought it was an outstanding game. Defiantly if you have not gotten it on the Steam sale GET IT.

Graphics: A
Game Mechanics: A+
Design of the world (Merging Steam punk W/ Magic) A+
Storyline: B
Side quests: C-

I'd agree with all of those. And yet, for whatever reason, I just never have this burning itch to play more Dishonored. It really soured me when they sent me right back to the same fucking level I had just completely cleared, and suddenly everyone was alive again, everything was filled again, all the houses had all their loot again, blegh. That was just a piece of crap to do that. Even IF you're going to do it, then send me back like five fucking missions later. Not right-a-fucking-way, (in the game it's literally the next day) and suddenly everything's back where it was.

The next level after that was new, fortunately, but I saved right when I started that, quit, and haven't gone back in like a week. And every time I think "What shall I play?", I look at Dishonored, and go "Hmm... no."

Can't really put my finger on it. When I'm playing it I'm having a lot of fun, but it just doesn't grip me. It's probably the terrible excuse for a story that turns me off.

Creston

6. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 00:34 wtf_man

Picked up Dishonored. I was gonna wait... but the 50% sale broke me down. LOL  

5. Can't Find Mechwarrior Dec 22, 2012, 00:16 jdreyer

Why isn't the Mechwarrior franchise on Steam or GOG? I can't find it anywhere (although I DL'd MW4: Mercenaries for free).  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 00:07 Techie714 ©

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:11:
C- for side quests? Why? I thought they were great. The only problem is that there were so few of them.

I didn't find the side quest stories really interesting or drawn out. If they were more like Fallout with a little deeper content I might of enjoyed them more, instead they were very simple in the narrative.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo